Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
reminder: girl in gold boots is a christmas movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

reminder: girl in gold boots is a christmas movie

Merry Christmas, everyone! Let's go to The Haunted House!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Who's the better hippie: Critter or the guy from San Francisco Int'l

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.
Santa's Summer House is a great seasonal rifftrax, especially when paired with A Talking Cat!?!

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

Failson posted:

I still haven't watched the Cinematic Titanic version, I should fix that.

It's really good! The original will always be nostalgic for me, but the CT version sold me on the idea that it's possible to re-riff something and still make it hilarious.

(Hope your holiday fog lifts soon!)

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

zoux posted:

Who's the better hippie: Critter or the guy from San Francisco Int'l

I've consulted with people who actually knew real hippies and they've informed me that Critter is pretty accurate

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sash! posted:

I've consulted with people who actually knew real hippies and they've informed me that Critter is pretty accurate

Yeah I actually like Critter in that movie. I like the SFI hippie too. Better than the evil hippies like Beau Bridges and his gang of Misfit Go Go Dancers that the teensploitation movies love.

Now that I think about it Critter might be the most positive portrayal of a hippie/beatnik/counter culture moral panic guy in all of the MST3K movies

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Doesn’t Critter choose to enlist in the army at the end of the movie? That makes him a pretty bad hippie in my estimation.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah Critter's thing is that he was drafted and somehow beating up Buzz and the drug dealer doubles convinces him that he should report for duty.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Critter was never a hippie :colbert:

He had short hair that was generally well-groomed, he got mad about people selling and doing drugs, and he didn't play any Grateful Dead songs on his guitar. He didn't even wear any beads or a peace symbol! He made the kids in Catalina Caper look like the Woodstock crowd by comparison.

E: like I could buy that the Brigadoon hippie from San Francisco International might smoke some Wacky T. Bakke once in a while, or hang out with Father Mushroom. Critter? He probably wonders what all the fuss is about every April 20th.

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Dec 11, 2023

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Joey the Pusher, all day every day

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Joey the Pusher, all day every day

Jo-ey the Push-er he sells a lot of drugs
Jo-ey the Push-er he doesn't like to hug

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Oh, Charles Manson walks the streets
The Zodiac Killer's at large!
Charles Bukowski is pukin' out the window
And Santa Claus is on his wayyy — hey!

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Oh, the nights we’d linger over brandy at EAT

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Oh. Well, I'll have a thousand Hershey bars then, I guess.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Hey, they have tacos!

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Another Bill posted:

Santa's Summer House is a great seasonal rifftrax, especially when paired with A Talking Cat!?!

If we're pulling in Rifftrax, Christmas Circus with Whizzo the Clown has become a holiday tradition for us.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
This hippie looks like he’s straight out of Brigadoon.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He's a "Made for TV" hippie!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

I don't follow you, my friend. No way. :colbert:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Stuffin' your face with DIET GUM.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

The answer, my friend, is blow it out your rear end

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

The answer, my friend, is blow it out your rear end

That and

Dawgstar posted:

Oh. Well, I'll have a thousand Hershey bars then, I guess.

Are some of my favorite riffs

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
"Santa Claus" (the one with LUPITA!) is a good one to watch for this Christmas in particular, as Frank's savings bond has finally matured.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

muscles like this! posted:

The Christmas that Almost Wasn't has entered my yearly rotation and I watch it every Christmastime.

The Christmas Dragon was really god drat boring though.

I rewatched the MST3K movie the other night and was kinda surprised. There were still some really good riffs in it, but in retrospect it's obvious how much the studios told them to mainstream it up. I absolutely loved it when I first saw it (it was my first episode), but now it probably wouldn't make my top 10.

E:

In fact, let's see some top 10s.

1. Hobgoblins
2. Werewolf
3. The Final Sacrifice
4. Space Mutiny
5. Horror of Party Beach
6. The Undead
7. Time Chasers
8. Prince of Space
9. The Giant Spider Invasion
10. Merlin's Shop of Mystical Wonders

Bonus:
Wizards of the Lost Kingdom II
Mac and Me
Avalanche
Zombie Nightmare
Overdrawn at the Memory Bank

I guess it wouldn't even make my top 15 and I stopped trying to come up with episodes at this point, so there's definitely Boggy Creek II and Cry Wilderness and probably others as well.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Dec 12, 2023

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Normal View is still probably one of the best riffs they've ever done

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also "what kind of shithole planet is this?"

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
I still think about "You can see the Cubs losing!" anytime I see an aerial view of a stadium.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

It has a ton of good riffs and most of the interference, as bad as it probably was for the cast, was letting the jokes breathe a little more, which works when the movie is as regularly watchable as This Island Earth.

"You know what my kids would say?"
"You're not my real father!"

Even the sketches are quotable. Crow's "Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds that I was doing something incredibly stupid, and... I went ahead anyway." is one of their best IMO

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

Also "what kind of shithole planet is this?"

Followed later by "Well, whoop-de-poo poo."

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Cal, you bitch!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

"But it's a Goldstar!"

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

It has a ton of good riffs and most of the interference, as bad as it probably was for the cast, was letting the jokes breathe a little more, which works when the movie is as regularly watchable as This Island Earth.

"You know what my kids would say?"
"You're not my real father!"

Even the sketches are quotable. Crow's "Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds that I was doing something incredibly stupid, and... I went ahead anyway." is one of their best IMO

Yeah, I know the process wasn’t pleasant for the cast and crew, but my only issue with the end result is how much they had to cut it down. The fact that it’s shorter than a regular episode of the show is wild.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

"Weenie man awaayyyy!"

"Sort this, deliver that, I'll make them all pay..."

The movie definitely has a lot of all-timer riffs but as a whole episode it just doesn't work as well as some of the others. Maybe because it's so short and because This Island Earth isn't that bad a movie.

E: Holy poo poo, the delivery guy is Coleman Francis!

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Dec 12, 2023

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

When I finally watched This Island Earth on blu-ray a year or so ago, I was blown away by how much good poo poo got cut out of the movie. It's a really fun film.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

E: Holy poo poo, the delivery guy is Coleman Francis!

Ah, the script has arrived.

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.
We'll start here.
"At goofy clown face."

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
I loved the series of sketches they did during Incredible Melting Man where Clay and Pearl buy the rights to Earth Versus Soup. So full of bitterness from their experience with the movie, but turning it into something hilarious. The focus group especially.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Hmm...suddenly I have a refreshing mint flavor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

John Murdoch posted:

Hmm...suddenly I have a refreshing mint flavor.

Look, you can see his legs!