Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I unironically wish all backstage interviews were done 80s-style on a green screen with the wrestlers logo behind them.

No screens! Gotta have the show logo hung up on the wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I unironically wish all backstage interviews were done 80s-style on a green screen with the wrestlers logo behind them.

I am similarly a fan of 80s sets, but I would prefer if they would look like this

https://youtu.be/xU2A6dvgQeA?si=8KIVEP-Py0EssC5g

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Also need the wrestlers constantly trying to get the interviewer to crack like they did to Mean Gene back in the day

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Intruder posted:

Also need the wrestlers constantly trying to get the interviewer to crack like they did to Mean Gene back in the day

https://youtu.be/EyJ4GgNIOsQ?si=OnENg4DH2RZxHyPg

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Dango Bango posted:

No screens! Gotta have the show logo hung up on the wall.

Yeah, then it can fall down mid-interview causing the interviewer to shout an expletive live on PPV!

https://youtu.be/IgOF3tgt1ys?si=5ppVM3URf-VUBD6v

Also, the platform out in the crowd with the ring in the background is the best interview setup.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

Yeah, then it can fall down mid-interview causing the interviewer to shout an expletive live on PPV!

https://youtu.be/IgOF3tgt1ys?si=5ppVM3URf-VUBD6v

Also, the platform out in the crowd with the ring in the background is the best interview setup.

:thejoke:

:)

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I just wanted an excuse to post the clip

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

My favorite is when they're having a gimmick match like a cage or chamber or ladder or whatever and they either have a section backstage or just drop/place it into the ring as a promo visual aid

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

I just wanted an excuse to post the clip

:hfive:

I just had an excuse to reference the clip and had to take it.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i was going to say they should use the green screen to make the interviews look like they're happening in cool exciting places but i just remembered their graphics department used a loving concentration camp picture for something so maybe just stick with the weird fanfest mini-ring

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

projecthalaxy posted:

My favorite is when they're having a gimmick match like a cage or chamber or ladder or whatever and they either have a section backstage or just drop/place it into the ring as a promo visual aid

I feel like they did something cool with this for the Bret/Owen cage match but I don’t know if anything will ever top this:

https://youtu.be/svjs-W60voU?si=ogN1OznOGYTGrqOG

Sherri just beautifully unhinged here.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Ganso Bomb posted:

I feel like they did something cool with this for the Bret/Owen cage match but I don’t know if anything will ever top this:

https://youtu.be/svjs-W60voU?si=ogN1OznOGYTGrqOG

Sherri just beautifully unhinged here.

The Sherri one and this are what I think of

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

WWE settled with MLW over the anti-trust lawsuit meaning WWE really didn't want to go to discover, especially with the big UFC fighter case looming

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

peak

Advertised for tonight: CM Punk makes a decision on whether he will sign for Raw, SmackDown, or NXT. Elsewhere, Becky Lynch calls out Nia Jax, Cody Rhodes goes one-on-one with Shinsuke Nakamura, Drew McIntyre gets another shot at Jey Uso in singles action, Maxxine Dupri has one of the biggest matches of her young career when she takes on Women’s World Champion Rhea Ripley in a non-title match, and a whole lot more.

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Dec 11, 2023

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
That Maxxine edit is criminal

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cody against a motivated Nakamura could be a hell of a match. Cody could put him over and make him more credible for a rematch, that’s what i’d book at least

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

cody vs nakamura sounds awesome but I also thought aj vs nakamura sounded like a dream matchup so we'll see

hopefully this one isn't just a series of increasingly sad dick punches

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1734326987232346381

Tyler Black potentially Always Good?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Orange Carlisle posted:

cody vs nakamura sounds awesome but I also thought aj vs nakamura sounded like a dream matchup so we'll see

hopefully this one isn't just a series of increasingly sad dick punches

HHH would have let them cook

the cooking: michael cole says “wrestling” and “new japan” and “banger” while they wrestle a 3.5 star match

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Crossing fingers for CM Henderson to NXT

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

It looks like Rollins got some big win at the end of a movie and the ghost of Nakamura is proud of him.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Eat My Fuc posted:

Did you see the Usos vs Sami and KO at Mania? I thought it was one of the best tag team matches I have ever seen

drat bruv, that's sad, you should watch some more wrestling. (I'm mostly teasing, although there really is a lot of out of this world good tag team wrestling. I will try to find the time to watch this one WWE match before the end of the year)

D.N. Nation posted:

I'm with Bryan Alvarez that NXT is the Fed's most enjoyable TV product.

A damning indictment of American weekly TV wrestling.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Rollins is never voluntarily leaving the Fed

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

tony khan should spend the rest of his dads money reassembling the shield in aew

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Seams posted:

Rollins is never voluntarily leaving the Fed

He'd take a pay cut

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

I know WWE has always photoshopped the hell out of their advertisement graphics, but loving hell I don't think I ever realised just how much more they photoshop the women compared to the men. Maxxine looks like a synth in that pic.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Rollins will never leave the fed, he’s a true believer and he happens to really like the taste of boot polish thank you very much

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

every human said that about tyler black too. where did that get them

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

JUNGLE BOY posted:

tony khan should spend the rest of his dads money reassembling the shield in aew

Possibly the funniest idea I've heard. Except replace Roman with Orange Cassidy.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

out of all of the wasted talent that has gone through either of the promotions I feel like nakamura was one of the saddest

his theme song was amazing, he had a style like nobody else on the roster and fantastic ringwork and charisma - I knew nothing about his work outside of wwe but from the moment he debuted I was hooked and wanted to see so much more from him

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

there are like fifteen guys in AEW who can do everything Seth Rollins can do. I hope he stays in WWE and makes a bunch of money.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Orange Carlisle posted:

I also thought aj vs nakamura sounded like a dream matchup so we'll see

Their Wrestle Kingdom 10 match was phenomenal.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x86w92j

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Seth, Becky, Drew and Sheamus deals all up before Summerslam

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Their Wrestle Kingdom 10 match was phenomenal.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x86w92j

oh drat thanks for this I didnt know it existed

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Chris James 2 posted:

Seth, Becky, Drew and Sheamus deals all up before Summerslam

they're all gonna stay in the fed but only one i'd like to see in aew or anywhere else is becky.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

seth and becky are lifers and wwe would be really stupid to let them go.

sheamus i could see staying considering he's a pal of trips.

drew is probably gonna wind up going, i don't see them giving him another run at the top especially now that they've got the supplicants crawling back

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

hope they all re-sign

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

hopefully they all stay - aew is having a tough enough time doing anything with and giving screen time to the wrestlers they currently have

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
They should give Drew the Undertakerr gimmick given how dark and whiny he is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

chris hero, your time is now