Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Blackbeard gets punched so hard he gets knocked out of the story and into the cover arc.

Luffy shows up in SBS and argues with Oda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Luffy and Blackbeard punch each other so hard they end up in the next manga in WSJ

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Genuinely wondering if even Oda has the clout to make some inter-jump panel shenanigans happen. I know there have been cameos here and there sometimes, but if there could actually be a fight that stretched across the magazine it would absolutely rule.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Oda not only probably has the clout but I'm pretty sure most of the other mangaka in WSJ are fans of him/OP.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Genuinely wondering if even Oda has the clout to make some inter-jump panel shenanigans happen. I know there have been cameos here and there sometimes, but if there could actually be a fight that stretched across the magazine it would absolutely rule.

An act of violence against scanlators.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Would make for an interesting tankobon volume

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Scholtz posted:

Garp's flashback is just going to be him sleeping through pivotal scenes with other important characters.

It will be him stopping slave revolts and escapes and handing them back to the Celestial Dragons

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Official Scans up: https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/one-piece-chapter-1101/chapter/41137?action=read

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I think not only Kuma's Free Will survived but the Seraphim will attain self-awareness and break from the WG's orders eventually. I think something that has been set up on this flashback and the arc as a whole (like Vegapunk being surprised that original personalities of the Seraphim clone templates) is that the human will cannot be suppressed (and Vegapunk actually did try to sabotage, even if slightly, the WG's attempts to do so on Kuma).

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Plutonis posted:

I think not only Kuma's Free Will survived but the Seraphim will attain self-awareness and break from the WG's orders eventually. I think something that has been set up on this flashback and the arc as a whole (like Vegapunk being surprised that original personalities of the Seraphim clone templates) is that the human will cannot be suppressed (and Vegapunk actually did try to sabotage, even if slightly, the WG's attempts to do so on Kuma).

I assume Bonney will try and use her powers on Kuma if just to get a proper farewell to her father as she knew him before the effects wear off and he's back to being a cyborg with some of the heart, but none of the memories.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

I assume Bonney will try and use her powers on Kuma if just to get a proper farewell to her father as she knew him before the effects wear off and he's back to being a cyborg with some of the heart, but none of the memories.

Also all the Kuma Model Pacifistas will get that same heart. Maybe S-Bear too.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
So Bonney's powers are probably not limited to just age given that she can transform her form outside the exact confines of age and called it "Distorted Future". Nonetheless, we do not know who the biological father is, so maybe she will get that big because of her father's genetics (though I feel like this is less likely).

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
My interpretation of how Distorted Future works is that it's basically "this is what would happen if Bonney spent 20 years training in this particular direction." If you look at her "Nika-like future," for example, her arms get stretchy, but not as stretchy as Luffy's; it seems within the bounds of what someone in the One Piece world could achieve with sufficient training.

It seems overpowered if it really does work that way, and even more overpowered if it straight up lets her become any version of herself she can imagine, but maybe there's some sort of catch?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Silver2195 posted:

My interpretation of how Distorted Future works is that it's basically "this is what would happen if Bonney spent 20 years training in this particular direction." If you look at her "Nika-like future," for example, her arms get stretchy, but not as stretchy as Luffy's; it seems within the bounds of what someone in the One Piece world could achieve with sufficient training.

It seems overpowered if it really does work that way, and even more overpowered if it straight up lets her become any version of herself she can imagine, but maybe there's some sort of catch?

yeah, willpower basically lets you do anything to a degree.

also kumadori and chopper both explained you can control everything in your body via biofeedback. so doing something like that is likely possible without a fruit in the OP universe

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Potential future where Bonney ate some other fruit instead. Okay, this power may be the most broken one in existence.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Mraagvpeine posted:

Potential future where Bonney ate some other fruit instead. Okay, this power may be the most broken one in existence.

That would be a future she dies, though? Can’t have two devil fruits

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Official is out, you don't need to use the tags anymore.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Everyone talking up Distorted Future, but forget about Bonney aging up a dude til he's nothing, but bones and bringing him back with Near Death Experience.

Bonney's fruit is terrifying

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

anime was right posted:

yeah, willpower basically lets you do anything to a degree.

Describes pretty much every ability in OP. You wanna be a Wolfman but you ate a fruit that turns you into a living egg whisk? Just train hard enough and believe in yourself and you can beat eggs into a wolf costume.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://twitter.com/chiweethedog/status/1733799977128800661

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
maybe luffy will punch kuma in the head with gear 5 and all the brain alterations will fly out of his skull

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kuma will get a big lump on his head and all the cyborg will be in it

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

Is S-Bear "defective" because he's a pacifist?

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

lowercase16 posted:

I'd say no, considering he didn't flinch at carrying out his orders from CP0 and York.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

lowercase16 posted:

All the seraphim are defective, as Oda just quickly tacked on a shitload of things that sounded cool and-

Oh, you meant in the story. I dunno.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This guy rules :lol:

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

This is a delight.

Meanwhile wonder how soon after this Tattoo that they realized they just committed to life having to explain that their hand doesn't say "EATH".

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

My favorite part is that he gets maybe like two drops from a basically empty bottle and immediately has the alcohol flush

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Watching Bonney punch that nurse in the face feels so well deserved despite the nurse only featuring for like one and a half issues but speed-running being an utter piece of poo poo.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
My interpretation on why Bonney can invoke Nika with her fruit is that she can because she’s just a kid, and she can exploit her childish desire. She is manifesting the power of a little kid saying “When I grow up, I’m gonna be Super Man!!” and the fruit accepts that.

As for why the World Government didn’t take action against Luffy sooner, I am betting that the Gorosei thought that only a Buccaneer could awaken the Nika fruit, and that they mistakenly believed that Luffy could never be more than just a rubber man because he isn’t a buccaneer. They didn’t start to doubt themselves until Luffy started to fight Kaido, who they likely thought was unbeatable due to being an Oni with a Mythical Zoan… Unless he awakened the Nika fruit.

This would be great, because it would mean that the Gorosei let this happen because they were misguided by their own notions of racial essentialism.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

i am tim! posted:

She is manifesting the power of a little kid saying “When I grow up, I’m gonna be Super Man!!” and the fruit accepts that.

Gorosei: Of course, once you grow up, you lose that childish belief that all things are possible, which limits your ability.
Luffy: Lost a tooth, better drink some milk! :haw:

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Plutonis posted:

It will be him stopping slave revolts and escapes and handing them back to the Celestial Dragons

lol

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Off topic of anything but I can’t think of a reason that Zoro and Mihawk ever fight in the manga until after everything else is resolved and they just go “okay now to duel to the death”.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Off topic of anything but I can’t think of a reason that Zoro and Mihawk ever fight in the manga until after everything else is resolved and they just go “okay now to duel to the death”.
Mihawk trained Zoro for two years basically out of pure kindness. I dont understand what is supposed to be hype about this matchup Mihawk is the senpai regardless of outcome.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Its Zoros dream

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

hatty posted:

Its Zoros dream
So why wouldnt he fight the strongest swordsman, Shanks?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Shanks is a Hockeyman

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I bet one of the Gorosei is actually the strongest swordsman, but wouldnt bother fighting a lowly pirate. How you gonna be a sword saint and be bested by a mere worlds best swordsman, you know?

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Buggy's going for the One Piece, remember? There'll be a 3-way Davy Back fight between Luffy, Shanks and Buggy for it where Zoro and Mihawk can square off with each other.

Blackbeard isn't invited because his taste in pie sucks!

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Dec 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The big climax is Buggy using his Buggy Ball to defeat Im