Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
"The mind is the first thing that goes" is :chloe: as poo poo when you just highlighted dude staggering back to his corner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

the paradigm shift posted:

watching the formula one fight

was wondering what this meant !

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Paracaidas posted:

"The mind is the first thing that goes" is :chloe: as poo poo when you just highlighted dude staggering back to his corner

hahaha i understand what is meant but yeah, phrasing.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Inappropriately excited about the Boo Boo Benavidez card this weekend

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
I'm mostly glad Showtime is ending boxing better than HBO did

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

anyone catching tonights card

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
This Charlo / Benavidez fight is pretty good

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Good to have Jermall back, but very unfortunate that he lost 29~ months of his career. He's already 33 and will probably be 34 by the time he fights again. Have to assume he's done with 160 pounds at this point. Id' like to see him fight Caleb Plant next.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Just thinking about how funny it would be if Andrade beat Benavidez and then Canelo

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
As someone who seriously got into boxing in 2012-2013 I fell like we've been waiting for Andrade to actually face a decent opponent for as long as I've really cared about the sport so I'm just rooting for Benavidez to obliterate him just so he can get the hell off of my TV/monitor forever.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

The SituAsian posted:

As someone who seriously got into boxing in 2012-2013 I fell like we've been waiting for Andrade to actually face a decent opponent for as long as I've really cared about the sport so I'm just rooting for Benavidez to obliterate him just so he can get the hell off of my TV/monitor forever.

Pleased with the results

EDIT: Depending on where PBC ends up landing broadcaster wise I think Canelo would fight Jermall next Cinco De Mayo. Benavidez vs Morrell at some point around then and the winner against Canelo on Mexican Independence Day

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Nov 26, 2023

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Andrade looked good early but he's just not a legit 168 pounder, and then couple that with Benavidez being absolutely gigantic at 168 = not a good combination.

Let's see Canelo vs Benavidez already. Andrade should go back down to 160 if he can make the weight, it's a wide open division.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Premier Boxing Champions will be on Amazon Prime beginning next year. Deal includes 12-14 regular shows per year, pay per view and shoulder programming

https://www.badlefthook.com/2023/12/7/23991967/premier-boxing-champions-prime-video-announce-multiyear-rights-deal-pbc-tv-news-2024

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

The SituAsian posted:

Premier Boxing Champions will be on Amazon Prime beginning next year. Deal includes 12-14 regular shows per year, pay per view and shoulder programming

https://www.badlefthook.com/2023/12/7/23991967/premier-boxing-champions-prime-video-announce-multiyear-rights-deal-pbc-tv-news-2024

Hell yeah the video quality is gonna look so loving sick

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
https://twitter.com/MichaelBensonn/status/1733243708529647906

I didn't really give tomorrow night's Devin Haney - Regis Prograis fight too much regard but perhaps I was wrong to assume, mainly due to some recent underwhelming performances from Prograis, that this would be anything but another tepid Haney decision. It's supposedly selling very well on at the gate (the Haneys are from the Bay Area and it's being hosted at the Chase Center in San Francisco) and on ppv.

I still don't see Haney losing but I'll give them credit for making the promotion interesting

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Hard to get a bead on exactly how good Prograis is, and Haney in my opinion, lost the Lomachenko fight. I'm looking forward to this one as it should bring a lot of clarity to the 140 pound division as well as these guys' careers.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Haney is the man

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Smoking Crow posted:

Haney is the man

Haney barely broke a sweat, wow.

Also, Robeisy lost his belt, that was a much better fight imo.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Pretty clear that Prograis is finished as a top contender. Bring on Haney/Teo.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Devin Haney could be what most thought Shakur Stevenson was. He's for sure, from a pound for perspective, firmly in the group with Canelo and Bivol behind the big three of Crawford, Inoue and Usyk.

If he's staying with Matchroom I think the fight to make is Ryan Garcia. Its clearly a winnable fight for Haney, would do great numbers and Golden Boy gets one more payday out of Garcia before their situation becomes (even more) untenable.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
This weekend is going to be the last Showtime boxing event ever. :qq:

A Passing Feeling
Mar 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSk534hQ7kE

I just wanted to share my favourite ever piece of boxing analysis here

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

LobsterMobster posted:

This weekend is going to be the last Showtime boxing event ever. :qq:

The ending better be as good as HBO

https://youtu.be/vjdnJPENitM?si=-JJEyFscvha0KTpo

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

been busy in law school so i haven't kept up with the sweet science

is inoue-tapales the next big fight or is there something cool in between

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

Declan MacManus posted:

been busy in law school so i haven't kept up with the sweet science

is inoue-tapales the next big fight or is there something cool in between

Jake Paul is fighting a 10-1 cruiserweight tonight :hellyeah:

EDIT: He walked out with Logan carrying some fake belt to "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree". August looked scared the whole time and got knocked out by an uppercut in round 1. And that's how Jake Paul became the fighter of the year.

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Dec 16, 2023

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Micro docu about Zhang Zhilei. Didn’t know anything about him, like living in the US

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C0_OPD3Lc2N/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

The SituAsian posted:

Jake Paul is fighting a 10-1 cruiserweight tonight :hellyeah:

EDIT: He walked out with Logan carrying some fake belt to "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree". August looked scared the whole time and got knocked out by an uppercut in round 1. And that's how Jake Paul became the fighter of the year.

love our can crushing overlord, all glory to jake paul

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?

https://twitter.com/ShowtimeBoxing/status/1736221360202895774

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Parker is making Wilder look very poor in there, round 8 and he's won every one so far.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Will Wilder claim he had an injury? Because Parker is making him look terrible.

Edit: Ngannou has better fundamentals than Wilder

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

ccubed posted:

Will Wilder claim he had an injury? Because Parker is making him look terrible.

Edit: Ngannou has better fundamentals than Wilder

He might, but it wouldn't be a convincing claim. He's always been about half there as a fighter, but you're absolutely spot on, Ngannou was not only better but far more entertaining to watch.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Unanimous decision to Parker, now I just need Wallin to make Joshua go away for a pretty good night.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Parker isn't the heavyweight you want to be stepping in with after 2 years out but Wilder just looked old at times.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
The commentary mentioned wobbly legs from Wilder a lot but he's always had such terrible footwork that you can't tell if he's hurt or just awkward. No sense of urgency from either Wilder or his corner was weird. An all around awful performance. Good on Parker tho, he took advantage of what he was given.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Wilder was absolute shite

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Did I hear that right? Wilder said he's been on Ayahuasca and it's mellowed him out in life?

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
How long do we reckon before AJ is on? Wondering if I should just go to bed.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
My guess is half hourish. So about 3:40-45 pacific time

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Was wrong, bout to start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

ccubed posted:

Did I hear that right? Wilder said he's been on Ayahuasca and it's mellowed him out in life?

Ok, tripping balls and finding a new respect for humanity might explain that performance.