Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I'm the highwayman...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Sharkopath posted:

I'm the highwayman...

His song is so good, and the north wind. I also can’t believe Chris Isaak just shows up. A shame we didn’t get a song from him

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

over the garden wall is a mandatory october watch here. just a great series

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm going to talk about it here since the weekend thread is closed (AIDS found in stool). I'm playing Stick of Truth. It's fairly meh but I like the Movie Theatre Previews like, "Here's Rob Schneider in duh duh duh" and "Adam Sandler keeps farting and making GBS threads a lot. *fart sound effects* He's farting, a LOT." and "Jim Carrey keeps keeping turds in his apartment! Hahaha. Buy now!"

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

my kids are watching some show called Sunny Bunnies that has a bunch of Russian names in the credits and the only way I can think to describe it is "the Donkey Kong 64 of Netflix." going to have to start putting some rules on the streaming roulette.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

my kids are watching some show called Sunny Bunnies that has a bunch of Russian names in the credits and the only way I can think to describe it is "the Donkey Kong 64 of Netflix." going to have to start putting some rules on the streaming roulette.

it's pretty hosed up in a way that kids love

Right now my daughter is obsessed with Cells at Work and has watched every episode three times. Lately she has been having dreams about being a platelet.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

P-Mack posted:

it's pretty hosed up in a way that kids love

Right now my daughter is obsessed with Cells at Work and has watched every episode three times. Lately she has been having dreams about being a platelet.

lol. thinking about the days i ended up getting deep into the lore of doc McStuffins and getting mad at the McStuffinsville shift and the weird backdoor pilot for a doc McStuffins paw patrol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

"the Donkey Kong 64 of Netflix."

no idea what this would mean but lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i understand it, as a gamer

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mycophobia posted:

Ohhhhh banana

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

honestly any two minute clip would probably illustrate what I mean but I'm too lazy to find a funny one

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

That reminds me of the "it's the Seinfeld of anime!" memes about K-On and probably others as well (animes).

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mycophobia posted:

I intuitively understand it enough to be filled with deep dread

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

That reminds me of the "it's the Seinfeld of anime!" memes about K-On and probably others as well (animes).

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

lmao again

along the same line as sunny bunnies is booba. its about some weird looking troll creature that eats cheese and causes chaos. there's a lot of that russian animation stuff out there on youtube

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
hey i was reading this thread last night and saw you guys recommending dandadan and wow it's really hosed up and crazy. just checked and i'm less than a tenth of the way through it and it's ongoing? noice

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

prayer group posted:

hey i was reading this thread last night and saw you guys recommending dandadan and wow it's really hosed up and crazy. just checked and i'm less than a tenth of the way through it and it's ongoing? noice

its so sick, incredible art and good characters.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
also just realized what the title was reminding me of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHg9VVkE9Bk

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

prayer group posted:

its getting an anime from the sickest studio in the biz as well

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
yeah the anime looks tight. also just learned the creator was an assistant to tatsuki fujimoto on chainsaw man and fire punch which makes a lot of sense

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

prayer group posted:

yeah the anime looks tight. also just learned the creator was an assistant to tatsuki fujimoto on chainsaw man and fire punch which makes a lot of sense

honestly i think dandadan is way better than chainsaw man and its not just because dandadan actually has good art

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Dandadan not only is bursting to the seams with creative energy but also impossibly sick technical artistry. Just top notch poo poo

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

copy
Jul 26, 2007

dandadan fucken rules!!

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

ArfJason posted:

Dandadan not only is bursting to the seams with creative energy but also impossibly sick technical artistry. Just top notch poo poo

the weird and goofy but life-accurate faces everyone makes and the crazy dynamic posing demonstrate some really impressive anatomical knowledge. it's such a blast to read

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

prayer group posted:

the weird and goofy but life-accurate faces everyone makes and the crazy dynamic posing demonstrate some really impressive anatomical knowledge. it's such a blast to read

My favorite is that since the artist is publishing it on the web instead of a magazine they can have like 5 double page spreads a chapter. Just so much canvas space to execute their sick designs.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Started second season of 30 monedas, Paul Giamatti is in this?!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

new on cinema season in January. Nice.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

About to watch the latest Miyazaki feature subtitled.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

It's sick. enjoy

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

its real good

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
20 minutes into advent children and the english voice acting is really bad. thought this was a typical bad anime dub sitch but theres no Japanese option. welp

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Nutmeg posted:

20 minutes into advent children and the english voice acting is really bad. thought this was a typical bad anime dub sitch but theres no Japanese option. welp

it is they just released th dub and sub separate. dub fuckin sucks

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Fungah! posted:

it is they just released th dub and sub separate. dub fuckin sucks

lol gently caress. I picked the only one available in 4k and that doesn't help in some sense either

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I thought it was weird there were people legitimately mad that they recast everyone for remake

It would be really charitable to call it mediocre at best, it's just straight up bad

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Shoutout to Jujutsu Kaisen for having some of the most unbelievably animated fight scenes of all time

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I gave up halfway through season two since I didn't give a poo poo about any of the characters who were fighting

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Poppers posted:

Shoutout to Jujutsu Kaisen for having some of the most unbelievably animated fight scenes of all time

an incredible improvement over the manga fight scenes which, like my hero academia and most of chainsaw man, are terribly drawn and completely incomprehensible

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Mappa stays winning unless you work there

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The animations are absurdly good and I've enjoyed most of the additions but wish they hadn't added so much to the Mahoraga fight.

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

scary ghost dog posted:

an incredible improvement over the manga fight scenes which, like my hero academia and most of chainsaw man, are terribly drawn and completely incomprehensible

ehhh imo they aren't terribly drawn, just difficult to convey fight scenes in most manga & anime makes them much more fluid and comprehensible