Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Thanks Secret Santa!

Aww he didn't put my note in. Well, have a Green Orkmas anyway! Enjoy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011
I was out with my wife, celebrating my birthday.
When we arrived home, there was a package awaiting me.
First it was inspected by Luna.

She wasn't very convinced it was safe.
Chaos stopped by to give it a look.

He determined the box was safe.
Upon opening I was pleasantly surprised.

DeathTroopers and A Hand Sculpted Inquisitional Weirdo!
The detail is awesome, I hope to bring an awesome paint job to it!
Unfortunately, I'm not exactly sure which WI Goon sent it.
Thank You!

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.

ToyotaThong posted:

Unfortunately, I'm not exactly sure which WI Goon sent it.
Thank You!

Happy TGSS! I was worried when the USPS tracker wouldn’t properly track things, but I’m glad they arrived safe and brought some cheer!

I hope the troopers aren’t a duplicate or a weird option, I just found what was available at the LGS and which looked Empire-y and (probably) useful in a game. I’d love to see whatever paint ends up on the Inquisitorial Dude, because seeing paint on stuff I’ve sculpted is always the best part of making miniatures for others.

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011

Hedningen posted:

Happy TGSS! I was worried when the USPS tracker wouldn’t properly track things, but I’m glad they arrived safe and brought some cheer!

I hope the troopers aren’t a duplicate or a weird option, I just found what was available at the LGS and which looked Empire-y and (probably) useful in a game. I’d love to see whatever paint ends up on the Inquisitorial Dude, because seeing paint on stuff I’ve sculpted is always the best part of making miniatures for others.
Tomorrow should be a good day for priming, so keep an eye on this thread for the results.
Also, I don't have any Deathtroopers in my Empire force, thus, good call!
Thank you again!

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
A box!

Filled with presents from TGS Santa!

Clearing customs, no :catdrugs: detected

It's The White Castle and a really nice leather cup, possibly for dice? It has a raccoon design embroidered on it I didn't notice until after the picture. I really like how this game looks, I had never heard of it and my wife immediately made a joke about it being about serving burgers. Thanks Santa!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

ToyotaThong posted:

and A Hand Sculpted Inquisitional Weirdo!
The detail is awesome, I hope to bring an awesome paint job to it!

I hope you can take a picture in the light so we can see it better, maybe?

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Look out, Amazon, this time it's not deal stuffing we have to watch out for... it's eBay seller...

The Deal Ninja!

And they've got a deal on a Necromancer!

Thanks, Deal NinjaSanta!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
I was tricked with a surprise gift! I was receiving my own Amazon delivery, but one of the boxes was gift-wrapped! On the inside.

Why, that sounds like it's an unexpectedly large gift?

Indeed it is!

Now I can push little boats around and make wind noises and cannon booms. Shhoooo! Kabooom! You sunk my ship-of-the-line!

Thanks Puttyknife!

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

What do you mean you're out of butter?

Glad that it arrived! He should pair well with the Beast from earlier :)

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I can't figure out how to post my pics from Imgur like I used to do but I got a notification of a package to pick-up
:dogstare: what's this??? I didn't order anything. Oh poo poo, that's right I'm getting gifts too :dance: I've been so busy with work I basically forgot

Sidereal confluence?!?!
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/202426/sidereal-confluence

It's not in my collection and looks incredible!!! I've read rave reviews about it and scales 4 to 9 people!!

I'm so drat excited to get this out to my group before New Years. Seriously, whoever sent this. You are a example of what this world needs!!!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Ok so it looks like my order i posted about is going to drag rear end and probably not get there before the end of the year even though I got support to get off their rear end and ship it, so I'll have to make an emergency purchase to see if it will get there in time. :argh:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

dang, that sucks! Do you have shipping info you can email me? If they've put it in the mail, I'm surprised an in-USA shipment will take that long

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Leperflesh posted:

dang, that sucks! Do you have shipping info you can email me? If they've put it in the mail, I'm surprised an in-USA shipment will take that long
loving Saka zeroing nomad mail carriers

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Tiny Chalupa posted:

I can't figure out how to post my pics from Imgur like I used to do but I got a notification of a package to pick-up
:dogstare: what's this??? I didn't order anything. Oh poo poo, that's right I'm getting gifts too :dance: I've been so busy with work I basically forgot

Sidereal confluence?!?!
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/202426/sidereal-confluence

It's not in my collection and looks incredible!!! I've read rave reviews about it and scales 4 to 9 people!!

I'm so drat excited to get this out to my group before New Years. Seriously, whoever sent this. You are a example of what this world needs!!!

I hope you enjoy, you said you play with 6 people and for 5 + it's an absolute banger. Gimme those fuckin cubes!

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Chekans 3 16 posted:

A box!

Filled with presents from TGS Santa!

Clearing customs, no :catdrugs: detected

It's The White Castle and a really nice leather cup, possibly for dice? It has a raccoon design embroidered on it I didn't notice until after the picture. I really like how this game looks, I had never heard of it and my wife immediately made a joke about it being about serving burgers. Thanks Santa!

You're welcome!

And yes, that is a leather dice cup. I carved and painted the raccoon on there based on your forum tags.

I hope you enjoy your Edo-period worker placement/burger franchise game
!

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Two more gifts have arrived from the astonishingly generous Ibn Tumart!

Jokes on you, I've spent several years building up an immunity to chaumurky.

I can't get a picture to do this justice, but it's soooo cool. It's the entire map of Arrakis engraved on a pint glass. First thing I did was check for the Oh Gap/Old Gap typo. It's Old Gap on this.

We'll it's a good thing I save it for last! It is last, right? If there's anything more coming you either got a great deal or are addicted to gift giving.

Oh, wonderful! My wife offered to let me borrow her colored pencils, but it's so much nicer to have my own.

Once again, thank you so much! You really took the "anything Dune related" brief and knocked it out of the park.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

NTRabbit posted:

Gift has been ordered, expecting deployment presently

Confirming it has now deployed

LurchinTard
Aug 25, 2022
emailed the company i ordered my gift for my secret santa-ee because they've given me no updates. hope i get notice soon cause im getting worried :(

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah we've got a couple two three of those out there, seems to happen every year: vendors who are unclear on the concept of "it's christmas, you gotta fuckin' ship things with alacrity" and leave an order hanging for ages.

I'm going camping tomorrow night to watch the Geminids so it'll be close to 48 hours from now before I can process more TGSS stuff. Keep posting and emailing though, and I'll get to things as soon as I'm back!

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Bucnasti posted:

Hooray! there should be another book coming in a couple days.

Further cheer has arrived, which I believe may be the other book you mentioned!

Thank you, Santa! I'd seen this on kickstarter but hadn't backed it, and it looks extremely my kind of thing!

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
I backed it, and I really like it. I want to do a game of it combined with something like Lancer..

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

DigitalRaven posted:

Further cheer has arrived, which I believe may be the other book you mentioned!

Thank you, Santa! I'd seen this on kickstarter but hadn't backed it, and it looks extremely my kind of thing!

Thats it! Glad it's your kinda of thing. Giant Robits are cool!

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Tiny Chalupa posted:

I can't figure out how to post my pics from Imgur like I used to do

I had to relearn this, too! This format worked for my post:
code:
[url=https://imgur.com/utg3ukL][img]http://i.imgur.com/utg3ukLl.jpg[/img][/url]

rydiafan posted:

Once again, thank you so much! You really took the "anything Dune related" brief and knocked it out of the park.

So glad you liked them!

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Amazon tells me the first half of the gift package is sitting on my Santee's ... door? Window? Porch? I cannot tell from the photo.

LurchinTard
Aug 25, 2022
funnily enough i just got a mass email from them about how big of a number of orders they got, blankity blank, may take a bit etc etc

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

ibntumart posted:

I had to relearn this, too! This format worked for my post:
code:
[url=]https://imgur.com/utg3ukL][timg]http://i.imgur.com/utg3ukLl.jpg[/timg][/url]

So glad you liked them!

Incredible! Thank you

[Url=]https://imgur.com/gallery/RCoRMPI[/url]
https://imgur.com/gallery/RCoRMPI

New packages arrived and Oh my sweet Lorgar!!! The kindness of goons is beyond anything I expected. I really can't articulate how great, not only these gifts are, but the entire Secret Santa experience is!! This is the 2nd year I've done it and I swear I have gotten better gifts here then from most people I have ever exchanged gifts with!!

That pin is going up above my 3D printers and books!!! gently caress yeah! And dice! And a display model!! Seriously, thank you

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Dec 13, 2023

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

final transmission from General Products starship #Z001225

the contact's broken off... god it was horrible. eight unidentified xenoforms, but the worst was that they were in some kind of harness. towing an unidentifiable object...

this planet's low grav

but i swear to gently caress

they were flying

found an object in the quarters. restored lights on aux power for company records. best i can do.

all of the others are SIGNAL LOST

opening attached file...

Thank you generous Goon! Sadly it did not come with a name attached, but I appreciate it all the same!

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Nessus posted:

final transmission from General Products starship #Z001225

the contact's broken off... god it was horrible. eight unidentified xenoforms, but the worst was that they were in some kind of harness. towing an unidentifiable object...

this planet's low grav

but i swear to gently caress

they were flying

found an object in the quarters. restored lights on aux power for company records. best i can do.

all of the others are SIGNAL LOST

opening attached file...

Thank you generous Goon! Sadly it did not come with a name attached, but I appreciate it all the same!

Glad it made it. There's a second package coming uhhhhhh unknown. Probably after the 19th.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Hark! UPS brings More Warhammer. (More often.)

GW gift messages, sharing the same level of competence of GW as a whole.

Big bat Boi!

Thanks, Santa whose name was probably cut off!

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

I hope you can take a picture in the light so we can see it better, maybe?
Here you go!

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

thegodofchuck posted:

GW gift messages, sharing the same level of competence of GW as a whole.

Thanks, Santa whose name was probably cut off!

"Cursed city" was cut off. Great job, GW!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

rydiafan posted:

"Cursed city" was cut off. Great job, GW!

Thanks, rydiafan!

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Finally got around to checking my mail yesterday, and got this little guy in it, from the far off land of the United States:

Exactly what I was hoping for, but from a mystery Santa!

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Morpheus posted:

Finally got around to checking my mail yesterday, and got this little guy in it, from the far off land of the United States:

Exactly what I was hoping for, but from a mystery Santa!

Hope you enjoy it! Found a copy for, hope it's in good shape!!
Couldn't attach a message but I'm so glad you got it!! Man, between seeing a delivery scan and knowing you actually got it is a huge relief

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Cheer received!

Had to rescue it from Duke the Monster Dog, who thought that perhaps if he marked it as his, would be treats for him, but it's something better then doggie treats (although Duke disagrees!).. BOOKS!

The Murderbot Diaries boxed set! This meatbag is very happy to have something to read in bed with my legs up as the days are short in New England winter...

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

SirFozzie posted:

Cheer received!

Had to rescue it from Duke the Monster Dog, who thought that perhaps if he marked it as his, would be treats for him, but it's something better then doggie treats (although Duke disagrees!).. BOOKS!

The Murderbot Diaries boxed set! This meatbag is very happy to have something to read in bed with my legs up as the days are short in New England winter...

That was my emergency gift, you have a second one coming tomorrow (?) I was originally going to get you and it looks like it showed up in your state around noon today.

You said scifi books and I thought hard about what you might not have, but was also good. I really love that series so I went with that one. A new book in the series just came out recently too

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Thanks! I figured when I saw emergency gift in the thread (and I keep an eye on informed delivery), it was me, and I tried to let Leperflesh know if it was for me, that it wasn't necessary, but thank you very much! I think I read the first one a while back, but I definitely haven't read them all, so it'll give me something to read, which is always a plus (especially since Duke is upset that his other human (my brother) is overseas and won't let me spend long periods of time at the computer, because he can't lay against me there ;)

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Incredible! Thank you

[Url=]https://imgur.com/a/RCoRMPI[/url]
https://imgur.com/a/RCoRMPI

New packages arrived and Oh my sweet Lorgar!!! The kindness of goons is beyond anything I expected. I really can't articulate how great, not only these gifts are, but the entire Secret Santa experience is!! This is the 2nd year I've done it and I swear I have gotten better gifts here then from most people I have ever exchanged gifts with!!

That pin is going up above my 3D printers and books!!! gently caress yeah! And dice! And a display model!! Seriously, thank you

Happy to help your fight against the False Emperor!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm back!

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Incredible! Thank you

[Url=]https://imgur.com/gallery/RCoRMPI[/url]
https://imgur.com/gallery/RCoRMPI

This clearly didn't work. But, you can tell it won't, because there's a "gallery" in the URL.

What you do on the PC is upload an image to imgur, then on the gallery page, hover your mouse over the image to see the "..." and then click "Get share links"

Then pick the BBCode (Forums) row and click "Copy Link"
Then paste into your post box on SA. Youll get something like this:
code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/LWKwgRv.png[/img]
Note that the URL is i.imgur.com and then a string. If you see anything other than i dot imgur dot com you've got the wrong URL.

To be nice, edit the "img" tag to be a "timg" tag instead, which will make the image smol but clickable to be big.
code:
[timg]https://i.imgur.com/LWKwgRv.png[/timg]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

If you are posting from mobile or a browser, get the "Awful" app (Android/iOS) or the SALR extension, respectively

It makes browsing the forums 110% better, and it contains stuff to do some of this BBCode for you, including a way to upload and tag the images correctly.