Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

This is so excellent a deal its hard to pass up even as a person who doesn't look to own a ton of physical media these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I'm an impatient punk who already bought individual volumes but that is a perfect gift for my friend.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

That would be all of part 1, right?

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Yep, Chapters 1-97

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Reze movie announced

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Chainsawman movie is real

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWacdcatC9o

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

hell yes

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

It’s gonna be the bomb.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
So as I thought, Reize in a movie and then season 2 will be the rest of part 1

it makes sense!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

And they recommended watching Jin Roh. Fitting with the manga interviews, but always worth repeating.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh okay, that must be why I see chainsaw man trending on twitter, definitely not because of the next chapter, so I can hold onto hope a little longer :ohdear:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

chiasaur11 posted:

And they recommended watching Jin Roh. Fitting with the manga interviews, but always worth repeating.

Only bad guys watch movies

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Scholtz posted:

Only bad guys watch movies

Denji watches movies. Are you doubting that Chainsaw Man is a hero?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Gonna pencil in the release date and "gonna cry" on the same day of my calendar

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
That manga box set is really nice. I jumped on that sale and picked it up so now I'm reading through part one again

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Heck Yeah Reze movie!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Reze movie... like I dreamed of... 1 + 1 = big rear end...

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Yessss

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Honestly, I would have preferred a new season, but I'll take it.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
honestly i think i would prefer movie budgets and movie pacing

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Lt. Lizard posted:

:same:

If I'm lucky, a theater a hundred miles away will carry it for a day or two and I can maybe get a day off of work to go see it.

More likely I'm gonna have to wait a year to rent it on Amazon Prime or whatever.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I always thought Chainsaw Man would get a movie, but wasn't expecting it to cover the Reze arc.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Lt. Lizard posted:

I think the industry has just kind of decided on The Format for big anime nowadays: Season, movie, season, movie, season, movie...

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
They may also end up doing the thing where they subsequently chop up the movie into a half-cour's worth of episodes as a lead-in to the new season.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Or just because to do a special broadcast like with the Kaguya movie.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Did anime or Futurama do movies as quasi-seasons first

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Supremezero posted:

I think the industry has just kind of decided on The Format for big anime nowadays: Season, movie, season, movie, season, movie...

Yeah and I hate it. Having a movie that is inaccessible to me in any legal manner until like a year after it aired and then after I finally watch it having half a season wasted on the movie recap sucks! Looking at you, Demon Slayer. At least One Piece, Spy x Family and MHA have the grace of their movies not being a part of the main story.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Jujutsu Kaisen didn't have its movie chopped up as episodes, I expect this won't either.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Jujutsu Kaisen movies are stand alone stories not dealing with the main characters except Gojo though, they're not part of the main continuity, they're flashbacks. This will be a straight continuation of the manga story like Demon Slayer so there's merit in chopping it into episodes sized chunks.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Kwyndig posted:

Jujutsu Kaisen movies are stand alone stories not dealing with the main characters except Gojo though, they're not part of the main continuity, they're flashbacks. This will be a straight continuation of the manga story like Demon Slayer so there's merit in chopping it into episodes sized chunks.

The new season had a massive flashback right at the beginning and the movie features tons of characters from the series. They could have easily slipped it in there.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kwyndig posted:

They are absolutely main continuity. In the manga it came out before the manga started and all the characters end up super important to the plot.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Steve Yun posted:

Did anime or Futurama do movies as quasi-seasons first

The X-Files movie in s5 is placed directly after the season finale and is referenced in the next season's opening episode.

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

Eimi posted:

The X-Files movie in s5 is placed directly after the season finale and is referenced in the next season's opening episode.

Too ahead of their time. Almost... supernaturally so.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Lt. Lizard posted:

Yeah and I hate it. Having a movie that is inaccessible to me in any legal manner until like a year after it aired and then after I finally watch it having half a season wasted on the movie recap sucks! Looking at you, Demon Slayer. At least One Piece, Spy x Family and MHA have the grace of their movies not being a part of the main story.

I think the Reze arc almost manages to? It's like a side-story that explains what Denji also is before the endgame. It's plenty self-contained and should fit in a movie.

I was actually worried about the rest of Part 1 fitting into one season, but slicing Reze off into a movie should be just enough. They can't do a big recap in the season proper without undoing what this solves.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Kwyndig posted:

Not only is jujutsu kaisen 0 in-continuity it's going to become increasingly important to the story as the anime goes on

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Mraagvpeine posted:

I always thought Chainsaw Man would get a movie, but wasn't expecting it to cover the Reze arc.

I will only watch Beam-Horse on the big screen.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Heads up for people who jumped onto that CSM collection. Mine came today and volume 6 was full of torn up pages and looking online there's apparently alot of printing errors people are reporting on other volumes randomly. So I'd def open it up and take a look before you let it collect dust on your shelves.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chainsaw-man-chapter-151/chapter/40985?action=read

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1019796

21 days until next chapter :negative:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oh. Oh they are soooooooo hosed

"Denji, why are you laughing?" is a delightfully bone-chilling line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Oh poo poo's about to go down so hard

Scholtz posted:

21 days until next chapter :negative:

oh poo poo's eventually going to go down so hard