Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I think Wonder of U would have been a better fight if it was entirely about preventing Tooru from getting to something and dealing with the fact that he is functionally unable to be engaged in a fight rather than most of it just being "Let's kill him at the hospital."

Kinda like Chariot Requiem, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

It was literally about stopping him from getting the rokakaka

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Wasn't that more towards the end? I might be misremembering how it played out because my memory sucks.

But I think I remember Jobin dying while he had the new fruit at his house, and then Tooru started to move to get that. And Josuke was trying to get the fruit that the Rock Humans already had to heal Holly or something.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Wasn't that more towards the end? I might be misremembering how it played out because my memory sucks.

But I think I remember Jobin dying while he had the new fruit at his house, and then Tooru started to move to get that. And Josuke was trying to get the fruit that the Rock Humans already had to heal Holly or something.

Getting the new rokakaka was the win condition for the whole last third of the narrative. Everybody was looking for it; Jobin got the drop on everyone and stole it during the chaos of Ozone Baby

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I still don't really get why they even wanted the new fruit. Toru wanted to make a new kind of medicine with it, but how would he market a medicine in which you need some other person to give up their body parts for you? I'm also not sure why Jobin cared about it either, if he still had to sacrifice himself (or someone else) to even get the fruit to work.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Momomo posted:

I still don't really get why they even wanted the new fruit. Toru wanted to make a new kind of medicine with it, but how would he market a medicine in which you need some other person to give up their body parts for you? I'm also not sure why Jobin cared about it either, if he still had to sacrifice himself (or someone else) to even get the fruit to work.

toru wanted to sell it to the ultra rich who would presumably sacrifice poor people for the procedure, though he didn't know it needed a second person until he saw yasuho use it

jobin probably had no idea what the new rokakaka would do and couldn't really afford to wait for something better

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Dec 5, 2023

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Momomo posted:

Jobin wanted it to try to cure Tsurugi of the curse, no matter the cost. He was absolutely willing to die to save his son, if it came down to it.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
He has a solution to that though, it's the same thing that saved him as a kid. If he was planning on sacrificing someone, he didn't need to wait for the fruit.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

I think it was believed the new fruit would be able to bypass equivalent exchange in some way. Yasuho managing to use it(a happy accident at joshuu's expense lol) was the first time anybody actually saw how it worked IIRC

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The Old Fruit sacrificed a part of your body. New fruit did it to someone else

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I think Part 8 was bad

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Momomo posted:

I still don't really get why they even wanted the new fruit. Toru wanted to make a new kind of medicine with it, but how would he market a medicine in which you need some other person to give up their body parts for you?

Look up "dick cheney heart transplant"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I like WoU's interpretation in ASB,

But it should have been Damo because he's the GOAT

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

The Old Fruit sacrificed a part of your body. New fruit did it to someone else

yeah the whole reason it's a big deal is that someone else can bear the cost. also it doesn't have to be voluntary

easy to see why that would be worth a lot of bucks

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I like WoU's interpretation in ASB,

But it should have been Damo because he's the GOAT

It should have been Hato

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm surprised the WoU update wasn't a double whammy of Wonder of U and an update to Josuke that gives him a full Part 8 moveset, in the vein of how they made a new Pucci.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
EDIT: wait wtf how did I post in this thread

Gologle fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Dec 8, 2023

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

wrong thread buddy

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Also anime only scene, not canon. nice try dorko

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFi4tKhNLmo
lol

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

seeing WoU in motion and remembering the whole rain thing has me connecting the dots more to part 9, in that we have november rain using a similar type of thing plus the similarly causal but not calamitous element behind the lava rock, plus there was a rock human at the end of last chapter. theres a part of me hoping that part 9 will not only continue owning but will also somehow retroactively make part 8 suck less rear end. but thats a tall order, so who knows

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Part 8 needs no help, but it isn't a crime to be wrong. Vaya con dios.

Think what I like best about November Rain so far is how he can aim it. I expect it's big tentpole-y legs to start lopin' away before too long. The accumalating impact thing or whatever Jodio was describing there just make me think of Echoes, making poo poo heavier.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Part 8 is good. History will prove this statement more correct as time goes on, just like with part 5.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

ngl i wouldnt even be super interested in watching a part 8 anime except for maybe 1 fight plus the beetles, unless they fix how messy the ending is

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I'm cool and would like to see all of part 8

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I will never say no to more JoJo, no matter what part it is.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Blaze Dragon posted:

:hai:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I need to see Milagro Man animated

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

3D Johnny Depp Pirate Movie

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I like the attention to detail that it was Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, which was in theaters in 2011

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Blaze Dragon posted:

A finger curls on the monkey's paw as they start animating that one CLAMP doujinshi where Kakyoin lays an egg

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

California King bed and vitamin c are all time bangers and need to be animated.

The page with Daiya talking about making gappy fall in love with her and dating him and smash cuts to Gappy asking himself "How can I possibly defeat her?" Might be my single favorite page in jojo. It's just the magic of a jojo fight distilled

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

the mechanics of the daiya fight get weird if you forget that she's blind

I forgot last time I read it, and I recommend that everyone do it at least once because it inverts the poo poo out of the fight :v:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

zetamind2000 posted:

the mechanics of the daiya fight get weird if you forget that she's blind

I forgot last time I read it, and I recommend that everyone do it at least once because it inverts the poo poo out of the fight :v:

I mean that's true of every jojo fight though. Yeah that's the core conceit of the fight.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Jojolands Chapter 10

Ok that’s a simple but cool stand, basically optical camouflage.
Also is that Joshu…?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The gangs not coughing up razor blades yet, but Metallica?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

"Do The Hustle."

https://i.imgur.com/cOtyAKN.mp4

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Okay, but tell me more about Phantom Blood The Musical

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
"Just put a bandaid on it!"

I didn't expect Jodio to actually slap a bandaid on his neck wound.

Paco rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
I like that they don't even pretend like Dragona's dead, they immediately used their stand to move the wound like a reverse Tusk