Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I don't think she knows what royalties are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Of course she does, one of her best friends is queen of Neo Crysral Tokyo

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Wonder how Artemis felt about the girl he chose becoming a multimedia sensation (and I guess it didn’t last long after she formally joined the guardians since there was a kid in the 90’s show who didn’t even know Sailor Venus existed at first)

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
on the subject of Sailor Moon. I started watching Crystal and man I missed this show. it's goofy camp but it's so wholesome and cute

tho when poo poo gets dark; it gets loving dark

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I won't be watching.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I caught Sailor Moon on a stream and I was surprised on how likable and relatable the girls actually were

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
https://twitter.com/akeurajitsukasa/status/1735482036792496636

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Feldegast42 posted:

I caught Sailor Moon on a stream and I was surprised on how likable and relatable the girls actually were
its a shojo manga what did you think they were going to be

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

The 90s show or crystal

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

90's. Hey, I avoided Sailor Moon when I was younger because those shows are for girls

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Almost near the end of the big pile of 2022 anime movies. Tonight I watched Aikatsu! Mirai e no Starway, which I think might be the last of the idol stuff I have to watch for this endeavor? Idol anime and me are frequently like oil and water. Someone could hold a gun to my head and tell me to differentiate the ones I've seen for this project and I'd just tell them to pull the trigger. Anyhow I have just a few more movies to go barring any last minute availability changes wrt stuff that's not currently out there in English. It has been an interesting ride but ultimately, not one I'm gonna repeat.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

og aikatsu and aikatsu stars are some of the best anime ever made but starway is a pretty dull short film

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

watching all the tenchis in release order, this might be the most mixed franchise i've ever seen in terms of, the highs being pretty high and the lows being total garbage lmao. still like ryo-ohki and tenchi tv as much as I did back in the day but, we're on geminar and gxp now geminar is the first show in this whole run that I just feel like skipping. feels like, the anime adaptation of an eroge sequel to tenchi

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
They should just make the manga an anime for a new tenchi series. Just do it

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

homeless snail posted:

watching all the tenchis in release order, this might be the most mixed franchise i've ever seen in terms of, the highs being pretty high and the lows being total garbage lmao. still like ryo-ohki and tenchi tv as much as I did back in the day but, we're on geminar and gxp now geminar is the first show in this whole run that I just feel like skipping. feels like, the anime adaptation of an eroge sequel to tenchi

The most recent OVA stuff is absolute trash. OVA 3 was cool and then it was a poo poo show from there

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I didn't understand why they thought I'd want to watch anything after OVA 3

the stakes being what they were....feels like the end??

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

learning tenchi gxp is actually the linchpin of the entire expanded tenchiverse was devastating

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

theres so many gxp novels lmfao

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

before going into this i wouldnt have believed you if you told me that battle programmer shirase, the show that has at mimimum one per episode wacky misunderstanding about someone thinking shirase is loving his 12 year old niece, wasnt the worst show in the tenchiverse

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

homeless snail posted:

before going into this i wouldnt have believed you if you told me that battle programmer shirase, the show that has at mimimum one per episode wacky misunderstanding about someone thinking shirase is loving his 12 year old niece, wasnt the worst show in the tenchiverse

oh poo poo

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

no love for tenchi gxp (rightfully)

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

what the gently caress

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Apparently Shirase had an apology in the finale for having to end the series that specifically acknowledged people who were watching on fansubs

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I only ever watched the Tenchi they showed on Toonami.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I like fuku in gxp, ryo-ohkis little sister that has a lot to learn about being a spaceship. unfortunately gxp is in the ova timeline where ryo-ohki has evolved into a gross catgirl

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

This is the correct choice, although OVA 3 is worth a watch to finally answer all the questions that the last episodes of OG Tenchi left.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

they showed tenchi tv, tenchi in tokyo, and also a censored version of ova 1 on there I think. not helpful, do better

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

kirbysuperstar posted:

no love for tenchi gxp (rightfully)

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

They showed OVA 2 as well, leaving everyone hanging on wtf was going on with Z and who is Tokimi

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I remember my friends and I thinking tenchi in tokyo was fairly mid, and that seemed to be the internet consensus. I appreciate it more now, a show where tenchi mostly tells the harem to gently caress off and they have to do things on their own, and tenchi gets to have his own little romance with a ghost girl or whatever. too long for its own good though

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Tenchi in Tokyo was......OK

Not really interested in rewatching it, but it wasn't the worst

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

homeless snail posted:

they showed tenchi tv, tenchi in tokyo, and also a censored version of ova 1 on there I think. not helpful, do better

It was very funny because the OVAs, Universe, and In Tokyo are all different AUs of each other and Toonami did not bother to tell you this at all, so little me was very confused when Tenchi Universe started and it was just the beginning again

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

most of my tenchi exposure is playing the early fan translation of the SNES srpg but mihoshi and ryoko are good

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I liked Ronin Warriors

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

what about SKELETON WARRIORS

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

mihoshi ftw, also kiyone when she is allowed to exist. mihoshi and kiyone have a lot of good stuff in tenchi in tokyo, also. plus mihoshi always gets to be a teacher or something in the pretty sammy spinoffs which I appreciate a lot
im pretty sure the bps stream was the origin of the :fbi: emote also. stream lore

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

kirbysuperstar posted:

what about SKELETON WARRIORS

Hell yeah

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also I saw there was a tabletop RPG made by Guardians of Order because of course it was, and Wikipedia's reception section on it only had this

quote:

Tenchi Muyo! was reviewed in the online second version of Pyramid which said "Based on the Tri-Stat system (first published in Big Eyes, Small Mouth), TM!RPGaRB is a complete RPG. You don't have to buy anything else to dive into the game. This may cause some grumbling from those who don't want to buy multiple versions of the same game mechanics, but for licenses such as this it makes perfect sense."

Yeah cool I got a real sense of its quality

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
ronin warriors went hard. its nothing compared to yu yu hakusho however.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'd really like to know what show Toonami bought the rights to that they had to also had to buy Tenchi as a package deal because it is such a baffling series to punch down to a Y7 rating.