Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
GXP is good actually because it gives second best girl Mihoshi more spotlight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Best girl is Ryoko obviously

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'd really like to know what show Toonami bought the rights to that they had to also had to buy Tenchi as a package deal because it is such a baffling series to punch down to a Y7 rating.

I think it was a Pioneer thing, but I can't remember anything else they made being on toonami

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'd really like to know what show Toonami bought the rights to that they had to also had to buy Tenchi as a package deal because it is such a baffling series to punch down to a Y7 rating.
idk i think tenchi did pretty well for them, the tv show probably didnt need much more editing than the other stuff they were showing at the time. the edit list for the ova is funny though https://toonami.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo!/Toonami_Edits

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It was a Geneon show and I'm trying to see what other Geneon stuff CN would have run around 2000 or so, and nothing really lines up. Most of what I'm seeing is either Dragon Ball Z, which started on Toonami like 2 years earlier (and they only had home video rights, I believe) and a buncha stuff that was on Adult Swim in like 03-04, which would have been too late.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ryoko’s "You're thinking of something kinky right now" changed to "You're thinking of something silly right now".
Scene of Nobuyuki teaching Tenchi how to peep into the women's bath cut.
Ryoko wears a blue, digitally drawn-on bikini and her nipples have been removed from the profiles of her breasts.
Ryoko’s "You saw me naked before" changed to "You saw me up close before".
Ryoko’s "It's no big deal to show your naked body" changed to "It's no big deal to show your bathing suit".
Ryoko’s "You were going to show him your naked body anyway" changed to "You were going to show it (her bathing suit) to him anyway".
Ryoko’s "It's only natural to take a bath naked" changed to "So you take a bath with your clothes on, huh?"

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
all of the Ronin Warriors dub is on YT for free hellye

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
lol forever at taking a tits and rear end show and just editing it

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Also i go three quarters soon which means i get to go back to work

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ohtori Akio posted:

lol forever at taking a tits and rear end show and just editing it

Listen

It did its job enough that I remember having conversations with my friends at school about which girl was the best lmao

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Actually where can you even watch Tenchi online at this point? I think CR only has like season 4 and 5 of the OVAs

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Waffleman_ posted:

Listen

It did its job enough that I remember having conversations with my friends at school about which girl was the best lmao

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I always assumed they picked it up because Tenchi in Tokyo was only a couple years old and it also gave them access to Trigun, which was a Pioneer/Geneon joint

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I never really cared about an anime babe until i seen Black Lagoon's Remy dub

wowie

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 8 days!)

The first tenchi movie was great.

The 3rd one was confusing

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
botan here. those jeans broke me lol

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
dloading FF14 to play for the first time since 2018

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

verbal enema posted:

I never really cared about an anime babe until i seen Black Lagoon's Remy dub

wowie

Same voice as one of the sisters on Johnny Test. gently caress if I remember which one.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the formative anime women for me goes something like misty - > that one hair-based demon lady villian of the week from inuyasha -> rukia

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
speaking of iconic anime ladies its bs that i cant watch slayers on streaming

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's one of the few shows still stuck on Funimation, and who's subscribing to Funimation anymore?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

drat if only there was a adtrw anime streaming thread where someone is just now finishing streaming all of slayers weekly every tuesday

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Waffleman_ posted:

Listen

ryoko or washu, obviously

Anyone choosing ayeka, we shall not be on speaking terms

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

homeless snail posted:

drat if only there was a adtrw anime streaming thread where someone is just now finishing streaming all of slayers weekly every tuesday

That would be bad rear end. Alas.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

It's one of the few shows still stuck on Funimation, and who's subscribing to Funimation anymore?

Unless they have more behind the pay wall they don't even have the whole thing on Funi.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
I saw Boy and the Heron. I thought it was pretty, but I wasn't really impressed by the plot (please don't get mad at me for this)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

im mad

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
No reason to get mad. Didn't really feel the plot was that great either and it seemed that it was way more focused on metaphor. Very pretty movie but I've certainly got my preferred Ghibli movies and this one probably ain't it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Unless they have more behind the pay wall they don't even have the whole thing on Funi.

This is why I've held on to my DVD set of the first three seasons for like 14 years.

I even got it signed by Lisa Ortiz.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I saw Boy and the Heron and thought I wasn’t going to be into it because I generally don’t click with Miyazaki’s movies, but it was good. Definitely had issues with the plot, but I enjoyed it and there some good laugh out loud moments. Some pretty cool animated shots as well.

I think if it’s his last film it’s a better film to go out on than Wind Rises.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
playing some Dragon Fin Soup

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I solved my yogurt problem by pouring honey into it. Now it actually tastes like something other than wallpaper paste and I don't have to feel bad throwing it out.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
plain yogurt is win bitch

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Glad to know I'm not the only one who wasn't impressed with the plot

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Ohtori Akio posted:

plain yogurt is win bitch

He’s taking about plain 0% fat Greek yogurt iirc, which is decidedly not win once you take all the fat out

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Last Celebration posted:

He’s taking about plain 0% fat Greek yogurt iirc, which is decidedly not win once you take all the fat out

it is

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

paging Namtab for the weird hosed up British spelling of yogurt

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Fat 4 lyfe

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 8 days!)

Boy and Heron was good, I might re-watch it again, but it won't stick in my mind as much as his other works. Like I won't be rewatching it every year or so like Mononoke

as a last film (for real this time guys) it was the perfect one for him to put out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

symbolic posted:

paging Namtab for the weird hosed up British spelling of yogurt

there's 2 h's in it