Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man

edogawa rando posted:

Why does it look so cheap?

Because it is. I was wondering the same thing watching it; it has the same cheap and "empty" vibe most of the Expendables films and other geezer teasers have, and then I see the Millennium films logo at the end and it explains it. These are all cheaply made poo poo usually filmed somewhere in Bulgaria and you can tell within 5 seconds of seeing the footage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

The MSJ posted:

Ryan Reynolds and his big hairy thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgL9eHkony4

CG characters look lackluster, also that purple monster is such a generic character design it’s almost offensive

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

FoneBone posted:

CG characters look lackluster, also that purple monster is such a generic character design it’s almost offensive

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I was going along with the trailer until that. What a stupid thing - no one is tuning into this to see Jim's great idea. He's no Tim Burton or Del Toro.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Vintersorg posted:

I was going along with the trailer until that. What a stupid thing - no one is tuning into this to see Jim's great idea. He's no Tim Burton or Del Toro.

this is the guy who somehow managed to sell the idea of a "good news" show to a news network.

it boggles the mind.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
What has he done? Volume monsters and CIA propaganda?

....it's time for a Havana Syndrome horror movie

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Shageletic posted:

god i would be there day one

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

Snooze Cruise posted:

Check out Memoria

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
IF looks like an updated Monsters Inc and Toy Story. I'm okay with that.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Shageletic posted:

While I am definitely getting sick of Ryan Reynolds' one note performances, I definitely appreciate that in his official channel, the IF Trailer has this description:

Ryan Reynolds posted:

Get ready for a heart-warming, all-family film from the director of A Quiet Place, the star of Deadpool, and the studio that brought you Annihilation.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Snooze Cruise posted:

coming this fall

HAVANA...ENOUGH

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Shageletic posted:

coming this fall

HAVANA...ENOUGH

Trailer:

Havana ooh-na-na

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Bugblatter posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDyQxtg0V2w

Huh, he really is going back to pulpier action rather than another cerebral sci-fi. Well, Dredd ruled so I'll give it a shot.

I hated everything I saw in this and the comments I saw online about it made me hate it just for existing. No thank you.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Whole lot of No Thank You movies coming out. Makes me glad I don't watch cable TV or go to the movies theater so I don't have to see ads for so many of these.

CaptainN
Jul 28, 2004

Sirotan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBG3iyr5N70

Seems fine?

Are 2 and 3 decent? I think I probably saw 2 when it came out but have absolutely no recollection of it.

"How many people have you pissed off?...".....50/50". Some quality writing right there.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

CaptainN posted:

"How many people have you pissed off?...".....50/50". Some quality writing right there.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

kiimo posted:

Well to be fair the old people lolin at the young people caring about Five Nights At Freddy's is the same thing. I think let people like what they want.

I've been baffled my entire life at people genuinely caring about Power Rangers or Pokemon but no sense laughing about it.

i like to laugh :)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://x.com/a24/status/1737110761615613974?s=61&t=fWsm-upldseXptBaVlet9Q

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I don't like Kristen Stewart but O'Brien and Harris look like more than enough to make up for it so I'm down for that.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

BonoMan posted:

I don't like Kristen Stewart but O'Brien and Harris look like more than enough to make up for it so I'm down for that.

O'Brien is great and looks like the star of this, but I'm a little disappointed Stewart isn't ripped too like the poster seemed to promise.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
That's Katy O'Brian featured on the poster isn't it? Anyway, Saint Maud was ruled and this also looks great.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Ripped KStew would be weird, she’s best playing weird greasy little gremlins

Movie looks great although I’m fully set up for another Edge of Seventeen moment where the credits roll and at no point have I heard the Elton John song

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

New flick with Sandler and Paul Dano.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YK6Te-Brfk

quote:

Six months into a solitary research mission to the edge of the solar system, an astronaut, Jakub (Sandler), realizes that the marriage he left behind might not be waiting for him when he returns to Earth. Desperate to fix things with his wife, Lenka (Carey Mulligan), he is helped by a mysterious creature from the beginning of time he finds hiding in the bowels of his ship. Hanuš (Dano) works with Jakub to make sense of what went wrong before it is too late.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

DC Murderverse posted:

Ripped KStew would be weird, she’s best playing weird greasy little gremlins

Movie looks great although I’m fully set up for another Edge of Seventeen moment where the credits roll and at no point have I heard the Elton John song

I looked up "gremlin muscles ripped" and let me tell you, it was a loving mistake. I had no idea there's a gremlin fetish community

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Internet give me buff gizmo

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

kiimo posted:

I looked up "gremlin muscles ripped" and let me tell you, it was a loving mistake. I had no idea there's a gremlin fetish community

Did you forget Greta Gremlin

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

ruddiger posted:

Internet give me buff gizmo

one of the first results

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
thats the painting the guy shoulda eat in red dragon

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

kiimo posted:

I mean, the female gremlin was a starting point you had to know would go some places, just look at that hussy!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

This is how you end up with sexy lizard ladies in Skyrim

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Here it is on non-twitter format

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF_J3-DmiS0

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Honestly just hyped Rose Glass made another feature film. I liked Saint Maud.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

It kind of feels like Bound, but set in a rural/semi-rural area of a southern state, and shot using the aesthetics Nicolas Winding Refn was going for in Only God Forgives - mainly the coloured neon lights and poo poo.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Rose Glass directing again, Clint Mansell score, pretty solid cast (K-Stew, Ed Harris)...that's a bingo.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

It's not a criticism. I loving love Bound, and I'm one of the freaks that liked Only God Forgives.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

edogawa rando posted:

It's not a criticism. I loving love Bound, and I'm one of the freaks that liked Only God Forgives.
Oh yeah I didn't think it was, i was just getting hyped. Def gently caress with both films.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Lesbians on Twitter are goin' wild for a thriller where Kristen Stewart fucks a bodybuilder

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Rose Glass directing again, Clint Mansell score, pretty solid cast (K-Stew, Ed Harris)...that's a bingo.

oh poo poo, I did not realize Clint Mansell was doing the score. Love his stuff.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

The Peccadillo posted:

Lesbians on Twitter are goin' wild for a thriller where Kristen Stewart fucks a bodybuilder

im not on twitter but yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Only God Forgives is dope as hell, and that movies looks rad.