Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LPNy15iaEA

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The hustle has been done.

drat it's nice to see Paco do cool things.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

I was having some trouble following some of the events of the previous few chapters, but this one was great.

The enemy stand/ability or whatever it is, is loving cool as poo poo. The weird rear end optical camoflage/perspective camoflage is so specific to the medium and it looks great. The Jojo crew stands are also finally kinda standing out together. The Hustle rules, love the way that Paco just casually swipes up a food tray as a shield, and then grabs a chair to throw using his loving obliques. Plus Dragona with the healer stand just moving wounds around, and Jodio as the area denial and finisher.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I also had a sinking feeling in my gut when they were talking about dude's skin being made of sand and realizing that sand is just little rocks

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Paco in absolute control until his friends goof it all up

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
this guy isn't a rock human, he's a sand man... it all fits together

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/jojo_wiki/status/1737183765263212806?s=20

Paintings of cats...

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Is this a hint that he’s the owner of the stand cats?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I can't believe Paco did a Zoom Punch

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/jojo_wiki/status/1736927501006336055?s=20

https://twitter.com/jojo_wiki/status/1736929772515561648?s=20

https://twitter.com/jojo_wiki/status/1736934583243784574?s=20

Shueisha colors dropped

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Wow, Usagi really is Tingle

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

lmao I already thought before this that Usagi was wearing a green onesie that makes him look like Tingle, and then the official colors actually confirmed it.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

lmao a tingle jojo. i would have never believed it but there we go

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

drat this enemy stand is cool!!

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

Shueisha colors dropped
The Smooth Criminal panels with the little bots benefit a lot from the coloring. I found those panels pretty busy and hard to read in the bnw version, here they pop instantly and look neat.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Smooth Operators are new universe's Sex Pistols (there's a few of them, are yellow, and make noises)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The colouration of these manga is still quite awfully done but the colour schemes are on point.

Chapter cool as hell, JoJolands continuing to own.

No idea how it's taken so long for The Predator to be an enemy of the week concept but in expected Araki style, owns.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

The coloration looks decidedly digital, but it is still a huge boost to the pages, and i’m happy to have official coloration at all to be honest! I think it’s as good as it needs to be. It adds a lot of depth and personality to the manga.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I still can't believe Usagi is literally Tingle

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I like Wild Cat Size.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The colouration of these manga is still quite awfully done but the colour schemes are on point.

Chapter cool as hell, JoJolands continuing to own.

No idea how it's taken so long for The Predator to be an enemy of the week concept but in expected Araki style, owns.

Whats so bad about the colouring idgi

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's extremely saturated and a bit too bright overall

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

Waffleman_ posted:

It's extremely saturated and a bit too bright overall

turn down ur monitor brightness

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

I'm not entirely sure what Paco did there, but drat it's cool as gently caress

It's like Hamon martial arts combined with some pillarmen body horror

Did he actually grab the blade, punch his own arm, and send shockwaves through the blade into the enemy's arm?

Because, drat

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

He did The Hustle

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

Torquemadras posted:

I'm not entirely sure what Paco did there, but drat it's cool as gently caress

It's like Hamon martial arts combined with some pillarmen body horror

Did he actually grab the blade, punch his own arm, and send shockwaves through the blade into the enemy's arm?

Because, drat

Yeah since he can harden or soften himself at will he can pass impact along his body

The Hustle kinda feels like Sticky Fingers or Crazy Diamond in that with enough creativity Araki could make it do practically anything and have it feel reasonable

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
Also I was not expecting November rain to be blue but I really love the colors, it works nicely with the powerset

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Still not fully sure what November Rain does specifically. Like yeah it creates rain that causes weird holes in people, but like, what does that actually DO? Seems to somehow disable people? Blood doesn't come out of the holes so they're probably not wounds? We haven't really gotten a clear explanation of the powers yet.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

CodfishCartographer posted:

Still not fully sure what November Rain does specifically. Like yeah it creates rain that causes weird holes in people, but like, what does that actually DO? Seems to somehow disable people? Blood doesn't come out of the holes so they're probably not wounds? We haven't really gotten a clear explanation of the powers yet.

it's just really heavy rain drops. when he uses it on someone he's essentially doing a punch rush but with rain drops instead of fists and like any Jojo punch rush it leaves huge craters in the recipient's body to show how strong the impact is.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Augus posted:

it's just really heavy rain drops. when he uses it on someone he's essentially doing a punch rush but with rain drops instead of fists and like any Jojo punch rush it leaves huge craters in the recipient's body to show how strong the impact is.

At least until November Rain: Act Two/Go Beyond/Heavy Weather

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Augus posted:

Also, it seem they can increase in weight at a later point, so they can be harmless rain first and deliver their weight later.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

November Rain can change "three" to "freeze."

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Technowolf posted:

At least until November Rain: Act Two/Go Beyond/Heavy Weather

November Rain: Guitar Solo

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Wow, Usagi really is Tingle

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
New Jojo

hatty fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jan 17, 2024

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Dragona rules

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Paco owns

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
The whole gang is great, really. Gunna be interesting to see if we get a classic JoJo moment where a previous enemy becomes an ally, I don't think we've had one of those in a long long time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Got a good laugh at the guy just being the car after they interrogated the couple