Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if he hasn't changed or perhaps has gotten even more muscular in the past 4 years then elias is much bigger than he seems. if he goes somewhere besides wwe it's going to look wild. i'm talking about steroids muscles rather than height

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Elias was cool when he did the original "Walk With Elias" heel stuff (that was starting to get over before he got hurt/was out) but then they did the stupid Ezekiel crap that was probably Dementia Vinnie's idea

all of it was ultimately stupid but elias is an innately funny dude who can make dumb stuff good

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Elias, as proven by the Seattle Supersonics segment, is the only heel of our decade.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

JUNGLE BOY posted:

all of it was ultimately stupid but elias is an innately funny dude who can make dumb stuff good

Kevin Owens was a big part of that angle ever working.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Elias and Zeke stuff was exactly the right type of goofy. KO really elevated it too.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Is Stephen P New that good a lawyer if both Punk and Steel got fired…?

bartok
May 10, 2006

fart blood posted:

Is Stephen P New that good a lawyer if both Punk and Steel got fired…?

Should have hired P. N. News instead

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Oh that's who they are supposed to be? Okay

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i cant remember a single promo shelton benjamin's ever had or even recall the sound of his voice, but i'd love to see him in any sort of fed where he can just put on bangers and compete for midcard titles

he wouldve kicked rear end in the C2, this i know for sure

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

He's going to reunite with Lance Archer as Archer-gun

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Pylons posted:

He's going to reunite with Lance Archer as Archer-gun

fffffuck dude gently caress yeah lets go

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
I would like Rick Boogs to go to AEW and throw people through real glass

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

kitten emergency posted:

I would like Rick Boogs to go to AEW and throw people through real glass

thank god cody isnt there anymore he'd demand to take a shoot electric guitar to the dome to pop the boys

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

shiksa posted:

he wouldve kicked rear end in the C2, this i know for sure

He was great in the G1 tournaments during his time in New Japan.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Boogs, or as I like to call him, Boogs

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Bewwwwwgz

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

This is how I hear that in my head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md9UqEvWmOY

drat it, how does nobody have the full clip of this online?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Gavok posted:

This is how I hear that in my head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md9UqEvWmOY

drat it, how does nobody have the full clip of this online?

Lmao, I had this bit taped on a vhs for years

SHOOOOOOOOOOES

And yeah, it cuts off before some voiceover guy mumbles "off the corner of 23rd and broadway urgle burgle"

kalensc fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Dec 21, 2023

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

kalensc posted:

Lmao, I had this bit taped on a vhs for years

SHOOOOOOOOOOES

And yeah, it cuts off before some voiceover guy mumbles "off the corner of 23rd and broadway urgle burgle"

I remember the context of this being that some city (Houston?) playing his show extremely late for some reason, so he'd constantly play this clip and claim it was the kind of commercial they would air during his show there. Then he started airing legit local commercials from 4 am in Houston, mainly one of a furniture guy wearing goggles and revving a chainsaw. He ended up filming a segment where he brought that guy to a real ad agency to get this guy a more polished commercial. During that, Conan ended up meeting his future wife, who worked there.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Gavok posted:

I remember the context of this being that some city (Houston?) playing his show extremely late for some reason, so he'd constantly play this clip and claim it was the kind of commercial they would air during his show there. Then he started airing legit local commercials from 4 am in Houston, mainly one of a furniture guy wearing goggles and revving a chainsaw. He ended up filming a segment where he brought that guy to a real ad agency to get this guy a more polished commercial. During that, Conan ended up meeting his future wife, who worked there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH6rIy70gr8&t=85s

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

If wwe hopes to gain me as a prospective viewer they need to have a wrestler based on Scrub A Dub

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

kalensc posted:

SHOOOOOOOOOOES

let's get some shoes.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i was watching old weekly shows of WWF from around 1992-1993 and there was a very funny segment. brutus beefcake being interviewed by vince mcmahon, he says things have been hard for the beefcake, his mother died of cancer recently, and after that his father died of a heart attack, and then he was on the beach reflecting and a lady parasailer crashed into his face, and the doctors said he probably wasnt going to make it, and while he was recovering from that his wife left him. the crowd was quiet throughout all of this until someone shouted "loving kill yourself!" and everybody laughed

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

That DICK! posted:

hard for the beefcake

Just like Hogan!

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

graph posted:

let's get some shoes.

These shoes rule.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
WWE has signed Madi Wrenkowski

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

mooseinfants posted:

These shoes rule.

There's meat in those shoes

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

mooseinfants posted:

These shoes rule.

these shoes suck.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Lid posted:

WWE has signed Madi Wrenkowski

go get 'em madi :3:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PWInsider says Bayley signed an extension

Fourth talent the company kept with a new deal this week; her, Charlotte, and the Mysterios

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Did she have a choice? With all the time she’s been out on injury they probably could’ve added another year and a half to her contract if she didn’t re-sign.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

That DICK! posted:

i was watching old weekly shows of WWF from around 1992-1993 and there was a very funny segment. brutus beefcake being interviewed by vince mcmahon, he says things have been hard for the beefcake, his mother died of cancer recently, and after that his father died of a heart attack, and then he was on the beach reflecting and a lady parasailer crashed into his face, and the doctors said he probably wasnt going to make it, and while he was recovering from that his wife left him. the crowd was quiet throughout all of this until someone shouted "loving kill yourself!" and everybody laughed

:lol:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

That DICK! posted:

clip

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

That DICK! posted:

https://www.tiktok.com/@onthisdayinwwe/video/7195285924392013062
@2:21 you can hear it

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

1. Lol

2. I didn't realize tiktoks could be that long. I thought they were all a few seconds, like Tout! Tout it out!

bartok
May 10, 2006

I kinda feel bad for the Beefer but that didn't stop me from laughing.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
He got absolutely obliterated by that lady parasailer, too, that's not cool

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

That makes me think, has anyone ever parasailed in and elbowdropped someone? Do I need to contact DDT?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

apophenium posted:

He got absolutely obliterated by that lady parasailer, too, that's not cool

The first busaiku knee, yet to be matched in intensity