Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I hate Godzilla 2014 more and more with every passing day. You can make a good Godzilla, you can make a bad Godzilla (lookin at you, Godzilla vs Kong), but to make a boring Godzilla requires an amount of failure I still can't wrap my mind around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Think I might finally watch New Game this weekend. Gotta work on Christmas again this year so I need something I can watch in 2 days.

e: Wait is it New Game or Gamers that is the good one?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
... depends what you're looking for I guess?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Furnaceface posted:

Think I might finally watch New Game this weekend. Gotta work on Christmas again this year so I need something I can watch in 2 days.

e: Wait is it New Game or Gamers that is the good one?

They're both good. New Game is the MTK series about making video games, Gamers is about high school students in a video game club and their absurdly-complicated relationships.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I wanted the one about making games. So New Game is the one I wanted.

Thanks!

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
on the subject of Godzilla I found my old Godzilla x MechaGodzilla movie poster

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
If only that movie was better. Tokyo SOS is a lot of fun but Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla is awfully boring for long stretches and Godzilla barely moves during the fight scenes.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Arc Hammer posted:

If only that movie was better. Tokyo SOS is a lot of fun but Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla is awfully boring for long stretches and Godzilla barely moves during the fight scenes.

well Tokyo SOS is amazing but I had fond memories of Against. that whole time period had some bangers: Final Wars, Tokyo SOS, All Out Attack

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Just got out of Godzilla Minus One. Didn't like it quite as much as Shin, but it's a cool flick imo

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Uso's mother got decapitated in front of him

this 12 year old has gone through so much poo poo in the past few months

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
hell yeah

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
gamers is okay but it's like, one half of a funny show and then the rest of it is just. fine? the actual video game jokes are the least funny jokes in gamers.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Really struggling to follow the plot of this Turing Love fanvid

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I didn't have a rational reason for this, but after Shin I took it as kind of a given that the next Toho one would be less interesting, so I'm glad I was incredibly wrong

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

New Game's fun but it's a series that was very lucky to get an s2 since even with good adapation choices and compression s1 is basically entirely character intros and setup for the rest of the manga where the MC is more involved with stuff

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I didn't realize the guy behind Under Defeat's music (Dreamcast shootem up), Shinji Hosoe, did the music in Fate/Extra.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Motto posted:

New Game's fun but it's a series that was very lucky to get an s2 since even with good adapation choices and compression s1 is basically entirely character intros and setup for the rest of the manga where the MC is more involved with stuff

But they're fun characters. Also very very gay.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Kwyndig posted:

Dumpshock forums (or whatever they're called now), some really niche stuff like Bulldrek, RPG.net

[/quote]

Dumpshock forums, some web comic forums PvP/Penny Arcade.

ccubed posted:

takes me back. I theorycrafted so many build ideas for 4th edition Shadowrun.

Now I feel like even more :corsair:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

verbal enema posted:

Łucja of Steel also rules

seeing Poland reimagined as a setting for a fantasy manga is kinda cool

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Rinkles posted:

I didn't realize the guy behind Under Defeat's music (Dreamcast shootem up), Shinji Hosoe, did the music in Fate/Extra.

shinji hosoe is an incredibly prolific composer. he works with a group of people from arika called supersweep and they've been like, all around the industry basically

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

nanawo akari ftw

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Plutonis posted:

The first forum I posted in was a sonic forum where I almost got groomed by a diaperfur

Same except for the diaper part and also I was like the backup groomee

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Meowywitch posted:

thats dire bud

it, was ok i guess. im still in touch (kinda with 2 of em) with 3 people from tvt and they're p cool!! at least here on SA i ended up meeting lots of cool people as well :)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
https://twitter.com/yomikakisan/status/1738375746253635647

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

YOU GET TO BURNING

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Fate GO just failed to spawn the raids (they started dead), so that's not a very merry Christmas right there

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this quote is probably true and regardless of it being a mistranslation or not I think it's funny
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BYYJ96MD

quote:

“Daizengar”, which is more popular than the “Super Robot Wars OG” series, is now available in the HG series with an anime version designed by Masami Obari!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Meowywitch posted:

Fate GO just failed to spawn the raids (they started dead), so that's not a very merry Christmas right there

the raids suck rear end id rather get apologems

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Fate GO play another game.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ibram Gaunt posted:

unfortunatelyu this

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Going your days, grow up!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

im playing azur lane instead

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

I got gifted Slay the Princess.
pretty interesting.

speedran my first run. But its definitely a very neat story to tell once I throw more time into the branches.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Didn’t want to get out of bed, saw Windaria instead. 80s fantasy movie about how tragically dumb war is. All round bummer.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh hey I was trying to remember the name of that the other day.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Rinkles posted:

Didn’t want to get out of bed, saw Windaria instead. 80s fantasy movie about how tragically dumb war is. All round bummer.

Excellent choice.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm halfway through the jinako chapter of fate/extra ccc. jinako ftw

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

GateOfD posted:

I got gifted Slay the Princess.
pretty interesting.

speedran my first run. But its definitely a very neat story to tell once I throw more time into the branches.
you speedran an immersive visual novel?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

you speedran an immersive visual novel?

leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick leftclick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Yep, it gave me my 5th Ozy instead of Fairy Lancelot.