Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

Brandfarlig posted:

And then enel instantly dies because lmao at him being a credible threat to Luffy at this point.

You're right, Enel vs Franky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Brandfarlig posted:

And then enel instantly dies because lmao at him being a credible threat to Luffy at this point.

Hell, he was barely a threat to Luffy personally back then what with the latter being straight up immune to most of his powers by virtue of being rubber

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
if Crocoboy can get an upgrade then Enel can too. plus this gets us one step closer to Enel face 2.0

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

i love when nami and usopp interact

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Augus posted:

The final battle will be a 1v1v1 between Luffy, Blackbeard, and Imu. Halfway through they take the fight to the moon and Enel runs out screaming at them to get off his drat Vearth and it becomes a 4-man free-for-all

blackbeard and luffy will team up to beat imu then they will turn to each other and have a no-powers straight-up brawl a la mgs4 ending

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

scary ghost dog posted:

blackbeard and luffy will team up to beat imu then they will turn to each other and have a no-powers straight-up brawl a la mgs4 ending

Luffy and Blackbeard standing over Imu's crushed form, they lock eyes and Luffy says: "I challenge you to a Davy Back Fight!"

Everyone on both crews falls backwards comically.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
The brutal truth that nobody wants to acknowledge is that Nami and Usopp have the most chemistry together

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Gologle posted:

The brutal truth that nobody wants to acknowledge is that Nami and Usopp have the most chemistry together

Nami falling for Ussop’s curses against Enel is one of my favorite bits in the whole manga.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

tbp posted:

Kuma smiled as he died. He is a D.

We will forever remember Kuma by his true name, Bartholomew D. Goat.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Vegapunk breaking his stoic demeanor got me good :qq:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
The final battle is Luffy vs zoro

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Gologle posted:

i once heard someone say they're the most viable strawhat ship because they're the only two who know what sex is. and honestly. probably

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Countblanc posted:

i once heard someone say they're the most viable strawhat ship because they're the only two who know what sex is. and honestly. probably

sanji knows what sex is but him ever having it would break the world-building

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Vergil has had sex and his son had to get a prosthetic hand before he could even start to forgive him for it. Dante has definitely heard of sex but if you ask him to describe the logistics of the act beyond the vaguest terms he would Royal Guard the question and steal your pizza in an elaborate motorcycle dine and dash.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh I've had the one piece thread open in this tab the entire time

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Robin definitely knows what sex is, and can point to several interesting volumes on the subject. Usopp read one, and immediately got extremely drunk trying to forget everything he saw in it.

Jinbei... well, a gentleman never tells.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Runa posted:

Vergil has had sex and his son had to get a prosthetic hand before he could even start to forgive him for it. Dante has definitely heard of sex but if you ask him to describe the logistics of the act beyond the vaguest terms he would Royal Guard the question and steal your pizza in an elaborate motorcycle dine and dash.

yep.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
if the strawhats ever become a thing after the series ends then yeah its gonna be usopp/nami and franky/robin

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Darth Walrus posted:

Robin definitely knows what sex is, and can point to several interesting volumes on the subject. Usopp read one, and immediately got extremely drunk trying to forget everything he saw in it.

Jinbei... well, a gentleman never tells.

While everyone spent two Kuma-granted years bulking up Brooke became a world-renowned rockstar. Guy definitely boned.

Jinbei is probably a One Piece Dad and his child/children are on some random island hyping themselves up to take to the seas.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

CatstropheWaitress posted:

While everyone spent two Kuma-granted years bulking up Brooke became a world-renowned rockstar. Guy definitely boned.

Yohohohoho~

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

anime was right posted:

if the strawhats ever become a thing after the series ends then yeah its gonna be usopp/nami and franky/robin

Usopp and Kaya might as well be official though.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

scary ghost dog posted:

I guarantee there will be a scene where Blackbeard locks down Luffy's Nika powers, we get a flashback to Kaido saying how Roger conquered the sea without a Devil Fruit and that Haki conquers all, then we smash cut to Luffy uppercutting Blackbeard with Conquerer's Haki.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

It is in the Live Action and honestly, good on them for it.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

I'll echo what everyone said, what a heartbreaking chapter that is, but I really did appreciate how absolutely devastated Vegapunk was at what happened to Kuma. Yes, his naivete makes him partially complacent, but I much prefer the genius scientist who's brilliance brings them closer to humanity trope than the "My Genius has distanced me from my humanity and I am indifferent to any kind of suffering and only care for my research" types.

Also, this past arc has easily put Kuma into my top 5 OP characters of all time. What a great dad.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

I guarantee there will be a scene where Blackbeard locks down Luffy's Nika powers, we get a flashback to Kaido saying how Roger conquered the sea without a Devil Fruit and that Haki conquers all, then we smash cut to Luffy uppercutting Blackbeard with Conquerer's Haki.

Luffy managing to embody Nika by raw determination and will and not needing devil fruit powers to contrast BB own focus on it is something I really wanna see now.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Franky absolutely slept around Water 7

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Augus posted:

The final battle will be a davy back fight between Luffy, Blackbeard, and Imu.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Sanji is incel
Zoro is volcel
Luffy is asce (adventuresexual)

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
The only in-crew ship that makes any sense is Robin/Nami.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I do kind of wonder if the crew is gonna stick together once they find One Piece and realize their dreams or if they mutually split up and do their own thing.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Gyges posted:

The only in-crew ship that makes any sense is Robin/Nami.

Or Nami/Vivi (the latter’s not fully with the crew just yet but given the current situation I’d say it’s only a matter of time)

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Gyges posted:

The only in-crew ship that makes any sense is Going Merry

fify

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

I do kind of wonder if the crew is gonna stick together once they find One Piece and realize their dreams or if they mutually split up and do their own thing.

they still have to help luffy realize his dream after that

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
I remember people speculating that Bonney and Big Mom were related way back, because they had the same lip style. I like that we've now found out they actually were just both doing lipstick wrong having learned how to do it from middle aged dudes.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

scary ghost dog posted:

they still have to help luffy realize his dream after that

I was including Luffy's dream too. Mostly just wondering cause Luffy isn't the kind person to just settle down.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

At the end Luffy will be just like Mont Blanc Cricket "So what'll it be... for our next adventure?"

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
In order to complete the successor to Roger thing it's going to be revealed at the end that Luffy has a terminal illness and is going to die soon so he disbands the crew and gets his head chopped off at Loguetown and ignited the Neo New Age of Piracy

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Luffy gave away chunks of his life a couple of times during Impel Down + Marineford didn't he? Doesn't seem like the kind of lifestyle that's conducive for a long life.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gologle posted:

In order to complete the successor to Roger thing it's going to be revealed at the end that Luffy has a terminal illness and is going to die soon so he disbands the crew and gets his head chopped off at Loguetown and ignited the Neo New Age of Piracy

They're going to get to Laugh Tale and it's going to turn out Luffy is the one with I'll Die If I Go On That Island Disease

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I hope Luffy lives a long and eventful life