Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Dogen posted:

Reading the original question is it “is the airport referred to by its code?” or like the whole city/area whatever

I know a lot of airports referred to by their codes but I don’t know of any places that go by airport code. Area codes, sure

The city. You don't say you're going to Vancouver, you say you're going to YVR. It vexes me. If you type it, I dislike you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

$50 bucks for just under 600 pick a part pieces (Greebling) as a Christmas present to my self. No room for full sets but gonna revisit what I do have displayed and refine em

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Nighthand posted:

Tbh I'm barely even a Lego guy and I only used the numbers for space in the meme and to make people look up what random crap I picked from what years, I just sometimes get possessed by the spirit of shitpost and need to put an intrusive thought into the world.

i appreciated the effort and enjoyed the joke

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

Naw. No one in LA calls LA LAX. No one in SF calls SF SFO. But people in Bangkok do call the city BKK.

False. SFO, or “outta Oakland” for me.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Borsche69 posted:

i think my big thing with the lego numbers is that there doesn't seem to be any loving rhyme or reason to them. if all the castle sets were like 6-something, or they all ended in 6 or somethign that made it easy to differentiate from other sets. with other numbers to differentiate on the size of the set and if minifigures are in it and the year its released and so on.

there might have been some method to the madness at some point and now it just feels like madness with no method

The only obvious one is that 3-in-1 sets start with 31.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I was travelling to visit family yesterday. Really wish I had known that the small toy store next to a train station where I had a transfer just put all the 2024 stuff on the shelves already. Picked up the T-rex skull and Sora's Elemental Tech Mech, since that's pretty much all I had room for in my bags. Skull was a blast to build.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

Habibi posted:

This, and also, all of the several people I know from Toronto refer to Pearson airport as YYZ (or, more accurately, "YYZed").

We only do this because of Rush.

Happy Christmas Lego thread! I enjoy looking at your pictures of sets I can’t justify buying!

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Waltzing Along posted:

Naw. No one in LA calls LA LAX. No one in SF calls SF SFO. But people in Bangkok do call the city BKK.

I'm assuming they interpreted "place" to mean airport name, not city. Meaning people in LA don't call LAX, uh whatever dumb official name it has, and instead just LAX. Whereas most people call the Chicago airports O'Hare and Midway.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I don't call Heathrow "LHR" but I do tell people "don't fly through LAX"

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
I'm building the Bowser/Kamek airship for my kid via knockoff importer and basically had to one pile it. Which wouldn't be too bad but wow, I am not enjoying this build. It's half fiddly technic stuff, half giant pieces, with very little interesting in the building itself.

Makes me really appreciate building the galaxy explorer last year

Edit; whew, finished it. I do appreciate how it levers/pulls apart but it really just doesn't "work". I have high hopes for Bowser castle now

trevorreznik fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Dec 26, 2023

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
In Austin we call our dumb airport ABIA (the code is AUS) and some people call the town ATX

Too many initials

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Lego Bookshop sold out everywhere. Too late I guess. :smith:

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

I just finished the midi-scale Executor that I gifted to myself. I can’t wait for more ships in this size. It’s such a perfect balance of large enough to have some good detail, but small enough that I can keep it on display.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

TheMadMilkman posted:

I just finished the midi-scale Executor that I gifted to myself. I can’t wait for more ships in this size. It’s such a perfect balance of large enough to have some good detail, but small enough that I can keep it on display.

I want the Nebulon so bad, but it’s so drat expensive from third party.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

VaultAggie posted:

I want the Nebulon so bad, but it’s so drat expensive from third party.

Ya, I was looking at it today. I’ll probably give in at some point, but that’s going to hurt.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I bought a nebulon b off amazon and they sent me an entire case.

E: yes I got rid of the extras already sorry that post sounded misleading lol

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

TheMadMilkman posted:

Yeah, I'm waiting for a refresh of the ISD. They did a midi-sized one a few years back (8099) but nothing since, and I've a feeling they could do a better job now.

There's a rumor of an updated midi-sized Falcon coming soonish, but I haven't heard of any others.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Dec 26, 2023

Lavender Spliffs
Nov 12, 2023

Merry christmas lego thread!
I got my partner the piranha plant. I thought that would be a suprise because it was supposed to be backordered until next year but shipped early.

She got me the creator expert santa's workshop from 2014, new in box.
She wins christmas this year.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Pick a part is soooo much better than the last time I used it a couple years back, night and day. My question is if delivery got any better. Last time I had ordered it was loving DHL out of Poland, I had quicker delivery times buying random crap from Ali express.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Happy Lego Holidays everyone! I got the Sonic Green Hill Zone set, gently caress these stickers though.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
the count of huge sets I have to build is up to 4 (concorde, ucs gunship, bugle, avengers tower)

normally I have no backlog but this is intimidating

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

PowerBeard posted:

gently caress these stickers though.

New thread title

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Get your Catgirl on
https://twitter.com/legodoumoko/status/1739621613099008250

"Finally, the three sacred treasures (cat ears, cat gloves, and cat tail) are available!"

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Piranha plant looks even better in person than in the product shots.

Set of the year?? It's got my vote.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

xzzy posted:

Piranha plant looks even better in person than in the product shots.

Set of the year?? It's got my vote.

My friend showed me his built version and I thought it was bordering on too frail. The head is so, so heavy on that small support. I think it's great for an adult set, but I'd be petrified of letting my kid near it.

Speaking of which, I believe he's currently smashing the bowser airship apart with Mario. For all my complaints about that line, they did do a good job of knowing their target audience and building for them.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Piranha plant set looks good but yeah it’s hard to pose the way you want. Currently building the coruscant guard gunship with my son and i think I underestimated how large it is.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I can wait to built the plant and drop an unacceptable amount of money on the fireflower companion (I forget who built it, but Carbs posted it)

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Someone gave my kids a Speed Champions Ferrari so I built that today. Fairly fun build! Some interesting connections.

PowerBeard posted:

gently caress these stickers though.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

TheMadMilkman posted:

My FIL gave my wife $100 to get me a gift so I choose this and goddamn that was fun. Although my eyes were sick of the endless grey by the end but it was needed.

I used to listen to the movie soundtracks on spotify - seems they got rid of the albums with the entire score and now just a basic 45-50minute run through of the movies. :(

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
One day they're going to fix ssd panel gaps and sell the set for eleventy thousand dollars

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

It would mean more gray, but the set honestly looks better with only one side completed. Like the ship is under construction.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

What if the interior structure really is that garish on the actual ships, you just never see it behind bulkheads.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
My Companion got me Tales of the Space Age for Christmas, so I’m looking forward to building some a e s t h e t i c Lego scenes.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Do a DS2 in this scale. :aaa:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

HootTheOwl posted:

One day they're going to fix ssd panel gaps and sell the set for eleventy thousand dollars

On the SSD I'm sure it would be too small, but I feel like on the UCS ISD the gap could have probably been fixed via brackets and cheese wedges.

It's only really that noticeable from a top down view though and probably not from the way anyone would display it. I only really notice on mine if I move it.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Looks like they are doing all the ninjago city sets as mini builds. I bet they'll look rad together. I might bricklink all the pieces. [Video link is timestamped.]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4OTkj1pPmM&t=116s

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Sorry in advance

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Clicked. Closed window 1 second into the vid.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Brawnfire posted:

What if the interior structure really is that garish on the actual ships, you just never see it behind bulkheads.

Probably, no doubt for the same reason Lego builds are that way. Ease of construction and keeping certain parts in certain colors readily available for Vader’s personal projects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Chris Knight posted:

Get your Catgirl on
https://twitter.com/legodoumoko/status/1739621613099008250

"Finally, the three sacred treasures (cat ears, cat gloves, and cat tail) are available!"

Ah hell yeah, Darkstalkers cmf's!!!