Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
You would think Neo Rayleigh is going to be Zoro, but actually, it's Chopper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Just had two thoughts regarding Kuma sending the Strawhats away on Sabaody:

1. Do you think he was aware that Hancock was a former slave? Did he send Luffy to Amazon Lily knowing that his personality would lead to her allying with him?
2. It's funny to think that Kuma sent Luffy away to protect him from the New World's power level not knowing he would break into Impel Down and nearly die in the process.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
do you think there will be gear 6

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Runa posted:

Vergil has had sex and his son had to get a prosthetic hand before he could even start to forgive him for it. Dante has definitely heard of sex but if you ask him to describe the logistics of the act beyond the vaguest terms he would Royal Guard the question and steal your pizza in an elaborate motorcycle dine and dash.
I can vividly imagine Usopp having a wild take when Dante turns around to show a hundred swords and spears stuck in his back.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Farg posted:

no, just fun new utilizations of gear 5 a la snakeman

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

anime was right posted:

if the strawhats ever become a thing after the series ends then yeah its gonna be usopp/nami and franky/robin

Nah, Usopp/Nami have chemistry but as friends and nothing more. And Robin is way more into Jinbei than she would ever be into Franky, back in Fishman Island she said Jinbei was handsome or attractive if something similar.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Can Of Worms posted:

Just had two thoughts regarding Kuma sending the Strawhats away on Sabaody:

1. Do you think he was aware that Hancock was a former slave? Did he send Luffy to Amazon Lily knowing that his personality would lead to her allying with him?
2. It's funny to think that Kuma sent Luffy away to protect him from the New World's power level not knowing he would break into Impel Down and nearly die in the process.

Knowing what we do, yeah it seems pretty likely that Kuma somehow found out Hancock and her sisters were slaves and sent Luffy to Amazon Lily to learn how to use haki* becuase it’s an island in Paradise full of haki users.

*said plan got usurped by Rayleigh going “drat this kid is cool, I wanna put him on a horrible death trap island so he can learn how to fight good”

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Farg posted:

Yes

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Gologle posted:

In order to complete the successor to Roger thing it's going to be revealed at the end that Luffy has a terminal illness and is going to die soon so he disbands the crew and gets his head chopped off at Loguetown and ignited the Neo New Age of Piracy

choppers gonna cure it

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence

anime was right posted:

choppers gonna cure it

And Luffy's gonna die without accepting the treatment because three weeks of solid bed-rest would, in fact, kill him anyway. But he'll brag about how much his doctor rules until his lungs grow dense enough to absorb and crush his skeleton through gravity.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

It’s going to be the final battle with cartoon Luffy and gear 6, and when Imu says if that’s all he can give Luffy turns the 6 upside down to a 9

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Farg posted:

Gear 6 is de-fruit-powered Luffy unlocking Conqueror's Haki 2.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Farg posted:

Ultra Gear-stinct

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Gear 6 is when he gets all devil fruit powers at the same time

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Farg posted:

I think there might be "Final Gear" or something

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
He's gonna yell gear 6 while winding up a super exaggerated haymaker before just doing a fakeout kick to Blackbeard's balls.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Gear Six paths of Pain

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Gear Xrd

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.
Gear 6 is just Luffy becoming a character in Read or Die.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
We haven't had Reverse Gear yet.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

GodFish posted:

We haven't had Reverse Gear yet.

This, but Luffy

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Farg posted:

Luffy himself said this is my peak

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Julias posted:

Luffy himself said this is my peak

Oda reading this: oh yeah?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Gear 6 is when he gets all devil fruit powers at the same time

i speculate that gear 5 kind of already does this in an abstract way

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
When did the Straw Hats start being taken seriously by the normal/pirate world? I remember in the beginning everyone kept laughing at Luffy whenever he declared his ambition to become the Pirate King, but I think it was after the Enies Lobby raid that people started taking the Straw Hats/Luffy seriously, especially by the timeskip and return to Sabaody.

Granted, the Yonkou still dismissed them and the other members of the Worst Generation as upstarts, but we all know how that turned out in the end.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

He unlocks Meta Gear Solid and calls up Odacon for advice on how to win the fight.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

When did the Straw Hats start being taken seriously by the normal/pirate world? I remember in the beginning everyone kept laughing at Luffy whenever he declared his ambition to become the Pirate King, but I think it was after the Enies Lobby raid that people started taking the Straw Hats/Luffy seriously, especially by the timeskip and return to Sabaody.

Granted, the Yonkou still dismissed them and the other members of the Worst Generation as upstarts, but we all know how that turned out in the end.

Probably post time-skip? Even post Enies Lobby you had Moria not take him seriously and tbh even Dofy saying he'd take him seriously didn't really take him seriously

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
A lot of the villains have an issue where they think they are the hottest poo poo and don't really take anyone seriously.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

sabaody 1, celestial dragon punch

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Enies Lobby had him be silently on the WG’s radar, Sabaody immediately into Marineford was an absolute rocket for his presence on the world stage.

He was sharing the spotlight with Whitebeard and three marine admirals were trying to make him a corpse in front of thousands, it’s honestly crazy his bounty wasn’t higher after that.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Beating Crocodile definitely is the point where the WG has him on a "keep on eye on" list.

TheKingofSprings posted:

He was sharing the spotlight with Whitebeard and three marine admirals were trying to make him a corpse in front of thousands, it’s honestly crazy his bounty wasn’t higher after that.

He did fall off the face of the planet for two years afterwards.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Sabaody had Kidd do a little speech about how up to them everyone laughed(and then was brutally killed) when he said he'd be King. Which made him realize that after that point everybody was going to be serious trying to get the One Piece

So The New World is probably about when people stop laughing and start replying "same, but it's gonna be me".

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Gyges posted:

Sabaody had Kidd do a little speech about how up to them everyone laughed(and then was brutally killed) when he said he'd be King. Which made him realize that after that point everybody was going to be serious trying to get the One Piece

So The New World is probably about when people stop laughing and start replying "same, but it's gonna be me".

yeah this is the reason i think its the sabaody celestial dragon punch

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Marineford was definitely a turning point considering that he started the arc with everyone expecting him to die instantly and ended the arc as the guy that the entire war was being fought over because of how terrified the Navy was of his potential.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I feel like Luffy "beating" Garp at Marineford should be a big deal and raised Luffy's notoriety, especially now that we've seen what he can do when he's not throwing a fight.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

socialsecurity posted:

I feel like Luffy "beating" Garp at Marineford should be a big deal and raised Luffy's notoriety, especially now that we've seen what he can do when he's not throwing a fight.

It wasn't a big deal because it was extremely obvious that Garp was throwing the fight. I don't think many people were fooled.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Weird time of year when the spoilers drop a couple weeks before the chapter does. Scant details on 1103 are floating around out there.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
IIRC, someone mentioned a page or two ago that we would get a drop this week since the next chapter was already in the can but we're still going to be stuck with a multi-week break after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

I also feel like the leaks always drop super early during the long holiday break