Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Yeah effectively it's one of those weird things where what is technically happening is a break this week (for 12/31) then a chapter (1/7) then another break (1/14) then a chapter (1/21) but what happens for the double issue is that it usually leaks super early so we get spoilers as if the chapter was going to be released this week then an extended break where we catch back up to the actual schedule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
yeah the full digital raws are already out so we're probably getting the chap tomorrow lol

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"Your death is a nuisance" gotta be one of the worst official translations in a while

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It makes more sense when you consider the context of Kuma jokingly talking about how much of a nuisance he's been to the people in his life, Vegapunk is saying that the only thing Kuma has done to hurt the people in his life is leave them, no matter how justified it was

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
https://ragnarokscanlation.com/manga/one-piece-engl/chapter-1103/

the poop scans are out

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
Gonna be a loooong two weeks to see that hit connect.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

KUMA

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
uwoooo

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Saturn is such a piece of poo poo. Can't wait to see him eat some armament flavored payback from Kuma.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Hell yeah.

Also it seems like Saturn has some sort of aura similar to conqueror’s haki but with the additional ability to seal devil fruit abilities. Maybe this is an advanced conqueror’s haki technique but I’m going to guess it has something with the fact that Saturn has this demonic or devil-like form so maybe he can dominate other devils. However my personal speculation is that this demonic thing will be somehow related to why the darkness fruit can seal Devil fruit powers. Demons and devils come out of the darkness or something.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Me every chapter: Boy, Saturn sure is the biggest poo poo in One Piece, I doubt there’s a single thing he could do to make himself look worse.

*New chapter releases*

Ah. Well, nevertheless

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
u guys are all nuts. luffy/strawhats were taken seriously after they beat crocodile (once the word spread and he had the 100m bounty). thats a RAPID rise in notoriety and it's only surpassed by the absurdity of their next big event in attacking the supreme court and declaring explicit war on the world government, but they definitely take him way more seriously after croc imo

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

well that explains Bonney's Devil Fruit... :smith:

Kick his loving rear end Kuma!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
soooo

kizaru is the one who gave Luffy the food, I assume

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
saturn also has the awakened dark fruit powers or something i'd bet. this chapter was unbelievably good. this is one of the best stretches of one piece for as long as i can remember.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

tbp posted:

saturn also has the awakened dark fruit powers or something i'd bet. this chapter was unbelievably good. this is one of the best stretches of one piece for as long as i can remember.

For real, Egghead gonna be in the top 5 arcs by the end of this.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

well that explains Bonney's Devil Fruit... :smith:

Kick his loving rear end Kuma!

yeah it kinda seems like it just took a while to manifest. Maybe it specifically showed up when it did because she started training to set out to sea, kinda like how Luffy’s haki started subconsciously manifesting after he pushed himself to his limit yet again after Thriller Bark.

Also yeah kick his loving rear end Kuma, shove your paw right into his stupid loving face after healing yourself.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

KICK HIS rear end KUMA

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pureauthor posted:

soooo

Also Bonney probably was infused with Luffy's Devil Fruit from the sounds of it. "It hasn't connected yet"

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Also Bonney probably was infused with Luffy's Devil Fruit from the sounds of it. "It hasn't connected yet"

nah I think it’s just the rear end translation, I think Saturn’s just commenting on how Bonney’s image of Nika is still Kuma-esque instead of SSJ Blanco Bonney like it “should” be after seeing Gear Fifth.

Also kinda interesting that Saturn apparently even considers Celestial Dragons to be insects, or at least partial ones.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
Amazing chap

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUvyLnkJfxw

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
So, lots of folks have been speculating about Kuma likely having this experimental personality switch in him. But this chapter (1102) also revealed Kuma has super-hearing.

I bet Shaka suspected Kuma was within nearby when he called Dragon back in ch 1064, and the phone call was actually a way for Vegapunk to brief Kuma on Bonney & Luffy being at Egghead (and the dangers converging on them). He could also have given Kuma's 'repair team' some advice which tricked them into flipping the personality switch a couple of chapters later.

they want shady
May 11, 2013

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
It's insane that Saturn is presumably just the beginning of the backstory for the Gorosei. This is the first peek we've gotten at what they get up to behind the scenes, and we still have four more of them left the cover.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
You know, successfully erasing the personality of the gentle, caring, and kind gigantic murder-cyborg may not have been the best move to make prior to trying to kill his daughter.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm curious, do they go back and redraw chapters for the volumes, or touch up otherwise really rough panels? because as much as I've liked egghead, there have been some INSANELY rough panels the likes OP has never had before. this chapter wasn't too bad for it but there were definitely some sketchy parts that don't look finished.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I'm curious if the story will expand on why Saturn was experimented on Bonney's mom who sounded like a high ranking elite at the time and not someone of a lower class. It might be as simple as he sees all humans as equally worthless but it feels like there's more to it than that.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
I'm not up on the fan translation localization choices. Have we heard the words Balcanian or "Instinct Fragment" before or are they new?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm curious, do they go back and redraw chapters for the volumes, or touch up otherwise really rough panels? because as much as I've liked egghead, there have been some INSANELY rough panels the likes OP has never had before. this chapter wasn't too bad for it but there were definitely some sketchy parts that don't look finished.

Oda’s redrawn stuff in the past, like how Arlong’s sister wasn’t the right age in a flashback to be below 30 and finless, but the rawness has made these chapters largely better so I hope he doesn’t.

Kermit The Grog posted:

I'm not up on the fan translation localization choices. Have we heard the words Balcanian or "Instinct Fragment" before or are they new?

if I had to guess “Balcanian” is a mangled version of Buccaneer. This translation is kinda just rear end though so probably wait for the usual guys.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Pureauthor posted:

soooo

Stocks rising that Kizaru will turncoat given what he's witnessing Saturn do and brag about, and the reminder panels that he's still there.

One thing to begrudgingly accept an assassination mission of old friends, another to hear your boss gloat about how they've been responsible for all the pain and suffering of said friends.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Oh my god

I was wondering who had fed Luffy in this situation.

Guys. It's Caribou

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

BEAT HIS rear end

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
LET'S loving GO

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Adam sandler face turn

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
:pray::pray::pray:please land the punch:pray::pray::pray:

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Eggplant Squire posted:

I'm curious if the story will expand on why Saturn was experimented on Bonney's mom who sounded like a high ranking elite at the time and not someone of a lower class. It might be as simple as he sees all humans as equally worthless but it feels like there's more to it than that.

Yeah, that was wild. Obviously the translation is rough but he called her the 8th lady of the holy land. What the gently caress does that mean. Did she "marry" one of the Gorosei?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

tbp posted:

u guys are all nuts. luffy/strawhats were taken seriously after they beat crocodile (once the word spread and he had the 100m bounty). thats a RAPID rise in notoriety and it's only surpassed by the absurdity of their next big event in attacking the supreme court and declaring explicit war on the world government, but they definitely take him way more seriously after croc imo

But I thought they made a big deal of covering it up so Smoker was forced to take credit for Crocodile going down? Anyway, I think it was after Enies Lobby that the Strawhats became a major threat to the World Government and post-Marineford was when the Strawhats became a household name for regular people/non-Yonkou pirates.

Concerning the newest chapter:

Translation is rear end, but the charm thing Kuma gifted to Bonney has the same circular sun design as in the church he stayed in as a young man. Interesting... I feel like that symbol specifically will come up later when we finally learn about the Void Century.

Also I don't quite understand what Saturn was going on about with regards to a Devil Fruit infusion or whatever. Didn't they say Bonney ate a strange fruit at the church and that's what gave her the ageing powers like how she imitated the looks of Dowager Queen Connie? I guess it'll read more clearly once the TCB scan comes out.

Seconding Kizaru being the guy who fed Luffy and will probably turn on Saturn. Also seconding gently caress HIM UP KUMA!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis posted:

Honestly I could see Borsalino finally going 'oh gently caress this' and either defecting/retiring/getting killed after this Arc too.

its loving happening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Concerning the newest chapter:

Also I don't quite understand what Saturn was going on about with regards to a Devil Fruit infusion or whatever. Didn't they say Bonney ate a strange fruit at the church and that's what gave her the ageing powers like how she imitated the looks of Dowager Queen Connie? I guess it'll read more clearly once the TCB scan comes out.

Looking it up they did not, everyone at the church was just as confused as us and just only assumed she ate a devil fruit cause what other explanation could there be?