Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Gonzo McFee posted:

If you can sell the tickets then why not, if you could get one person to pay a million for a ticket then sell that ticket for a million.

the saudi ple strategy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

mooseinfants posted:

They should have just had Omos squash Ricochet and kill two birds with one stone

Wait, Ricochet has bad matches now? I thought cool moves were the one thing his bland bootlicking rear end still had going for him.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Grendels Dad posted:

Wait, Ricochet has bad matches now? I thought cool moves were the one thing his bland bootlicking rear end still had going for him.

Only Logan Paul is allowed to do the sick moves now.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Lid posted:

Punk was a good wrestler in AEW too.

Until he took an elbow to the weewee.

He was good after that too. The match with Samoa Joe at Wembley kicked rear end

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Duke Pukem posted:

He was motivated after to trying murder Jungle Boy backstage. A motivated Punk equals good matches but it also means he's going somehow sabotage everything backstage

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The only part of the match I remember was him crashing and burning while Joe walked away from the dive

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Cena and Hogan spots were fun.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

cody and punk are the alliance to end tonymania

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

History Comes Inside! posted:

The only part of the match I remember was him crashing and burning while Joe walked away from the dive

If only his nuts could have walked away from Kojima's elbow

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Conrad_Birdie posted:

unfortunately, I must admit it was a lot of fun and everyone in the fam had a great time.

Nothing weird about that, live wrestling is great. I've never not had a great time even when seeing Finnish indie mud shows.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I want Vince to grow a beard next. Just not sure what kind.

same one as beepie

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Get the Sharpie.

bartok
May 10, 2006

super macho dude posted:

He was motivated after to trying murder Jungle Boy backstage. A motivated Punk equals good matches but it also means he's going somehow sabotage everything backstage

Was it that or was it being motivated by a pissed off Samoa Joe?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

beepie and jade are the alliance to end tonymania

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Conrad_Birdie posted:

I have been an AEW guy for four years now, but my dad’s gf knows someone who works for The Fed and she hooked us up with great tickets for the Garden show tonight and, unfortunately, I must admit it was a lot of fun and everyone in the fam had a great time. The quality of actual wrestling is much higher in AEW, and I think televised WWE shows are worse, but it was a light, fast-moving house show with most of their over stars and big personalities - thank you to Triple H for entertaining me I guess!!

Punk probably was the worst match of the night though, and it’s a show that had both an Omos AND a Ricochet squash match.

It’s crazy to do a squash match on a house show. Like who’s that for. Tv I can understand a squash match. But this is a house show. Just let them have a match.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Duke Pukem posted:

Punk is a good wrestler the match was mainly bad because Dom is not a good wrestler. At a house show, he was the only wrestler to do MULTIPLE rest hold spots during his match!!!

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Did Dom give punk the iggy

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

That's really the only good part of the match, everything else like his return was absolutely forgettable. Joe, as usual, made that poo poo Wembley worthy.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Seams posted:

Did Dom give punk the iggy

I think they call it the office

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Jiro posted:

That's really the only good part of the match, everything else like his return was absolutely forgettable. Joe, as usual, made that poo poo Wembley worthy.

PDS in its purest form

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Alan_Shore posted:

PDS in its purest form

The match wasn’t bad,but this idea I keep seeing get spread that it was some underrated sleeper match on the card is silly. It was a pretty good standard match with 2 memorable spots.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

it was a really good match

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

The_Rob posted:

The match wasn’t bad,but this idea I keep seeing get spread that it was some underrated sleeper match on the card is silly. It was a pretty good standard match with 2 memorable spots.

It was probably the "everything else like his return was absolutely forgettable" part of that post that prompted the PDS diagnosis

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Sydney Bottocks posted:

It was probably the "everything else like his return was absolutely forgettable" part of that post that prompted the PDS diagnosis

Should I have clarified his return post "Brawl Out"? Cause his first return felt like nothing I can accurately describe watching it happen on TV. That whole year of AEW programming was absolutely insane with the topper being Danielson walking down the ramp at All Out talking about wanting to be a wrestler and kicking people's heads in.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Dec 27, 2023

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

PDS is when you think he's good 🤣🤣🤣

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Jiro posted:

Should I have clarified his return post "Brawl Out"?

Well yeah, he's had like a bunch of returns within the last few years

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
What is PDS? Is it like SLOM?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

What is PDS? Is it like SLOM?

Punk derangement syndrome.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The_Rob posted:

It’s crazy to do a squash match on a house show. Like who’s that for. Tv I can understand a squash match. But this is a house show. Just let them have a match.

It's so you get to see the star (well 'star' in Ricochet's case) do their signature spots and pose etc.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Gaz-L posted:

It's so you get to see the star (well 'star' in Ricochet's case) do their signature spots and pose etc.

But why not just have an actual match. It’s a house show. The guy is already over.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I don't think most people at the WWE house show need to see an actual match. Why bother going out of their way to put on a match and potentially injure themselves for a crowd that already paid to get in who will clap just as hard at seeing a squash match as they would a 30 minute epic? As you said, the guy is already over, so why do any more than the absolute minimum required from them for that night and save the good stuff for TV?

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
Time & popularity. Toss in squashes match where Ricochet can do a couple of sick spots and the people can say “wow that was cool” and Omos can just be 7’3” and destroy someone in 45 seconds and people can say “drat that guy is a monster.” WWE knows that the majority of people in the arena came to see their most popular stars vs people stuck in mid card hell. Also they need to hurry up so people can spend 3 minutes singing along with the Cody Rhodes entrance music.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

explosivo posted:

I don't think most people at the WWE house show need to see an actual match. Why bother going out of their way to put on a match and potentially injure themselves for a crowd that already paid to get in who will clap just as hard at seeing a squash match as they would a 30 minute epic? As you said, the guy is already over, so why do any more than the absolute minimum required from them for that night and save the good stuff for TV?

Because shits boring and I would want to see cool matches. I’m not saying they need to be having a 30 minute epic either, but why can’t they just run a little 5 to 7 minute match.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

The_Rob posted:

Because shits boring and I would want to see cool matches. I’m not saying they need to be having a 30 minute epic either, but why can’t they just run a little 5 to 7 minute match.

If you want to see cool matches, don't watch WWE

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Shoulda talked to Vince. He retained Ceman for nine years.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Lmao, phenomenal.

And if you're thinking "it can't be literal, that would be stupid, you must be explaining it wrong", the fine folks at the FPlus took a tour of the community and discovered it's even dumber than you expected: https://thefpl.us/episode/373

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

explosivo posted:

Wait the TV is their good stuff?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Lets have omos work chinlocks for 16 minutes. That will be "good".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

projecthalaxy posted:

Lets have omos work chinlocks for 16 minutes. That will be "good".

I was talking more the ricochet match. I don’t think Omos even needs to be on the card.