Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Waltzing Along posted:

Clicked. Closed window 1 second into the vid.

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Sorry in advance
Edit: Nevermind.

deoju fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Dec 27, 2023

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Sorry in advance

Why would you post a fuckwit in lego form when you can post cool poo poo?

Lego doesn't have a cathedral, so I made one

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

holy poo poo

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
That's wild

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
The amount of tonality you're getting with just light grey is nuts. Awesome build

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Sagrada Familia when

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Dogen posted:

Sagrada Familia when

When it’s finished.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Infinitum posted:

Why would you post a fuckwit in lego form when you can post cool poo poo?

Lego doesn't have a cathedral, so I made one

Notre drat

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Waltzing Along posted:

Clicked. Closed window 1 second into the vid.

I wish I'd done that... I stuck it out for a few more seconds waiting for some sort of humor or twist, but nope, it was just awful in every way possible.

That's amazing! Nice parts usage on all the details, especially the tiny trophy statues in the alcoves!

If you wanted to make the cathedral's exterior a bit more like the real thing, you could add a biblically accurate goatse:

:nws:
https://today.rtl.lu/life/people/a/1329854.html

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Infinitum is just quoting the original designer from reddit, they didn't build it themselves

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Theres a lot of neat stuff going on in that cathedral build but my favorite little detail is the underside of large plates being used for the background on the stained glass windows.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Lizard Combatant posted:

The amount of tonality you're getting with just light grey is nuts. Awesome build

Yeah, that’s the only part I wonder about. If it’s really all light grey, then the lighting is going to be critical to whether it looks good in reality.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
Every time I see someone’s creation in here I’m just like oh??? You think you’re better than me????

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Sunk Dunk posted:

Every time I see carbs’s creation in here I’m just like oh??? You’re better than me.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Sunk Dunk posted:

Every time I see carb's creations in here I’m just like oh!!! You’re better than me!!!

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

lmbo

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Hahaha

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I saw some of the new Creator 3in1s at Walmart just now, the hamster wheel and watering can sets both look fun!

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
https://twitter.com/hausofdecline/status/1739815045389779015

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
:hmmyes:

tactical_grace
Oct 18, 2004

General Contact Unit
(Escarpment Class)

Vintersorg posted:

My FIL gave my wife $100 to get me a gift so I choose this and goddamn that was fun. Although my eyes were sick of the endless grey by the end but it was needed.

Trying to work out if the circular 1-stud pieces towards the front are supposed to represent the bounty hunters that Vader hires in The Empire Strikes Back?

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Bosk is a stud

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

tactical_grace posted:

Trying to work out if the circular 1-stud pieces towards the front are supposed to represent the bounty hunters that Vader hires in The Empire Strikes Back?

I think that’s accurate. I have a hazy memory of reading that somewhere.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Dogen posted:

Sagrada Familia when

The_Doctor posted:

When it’s finished.

A friend of mine was nerding out about architecture to me recently, so now I can appreciate this.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

tactical_grace posted:

They are. And the one that's standing over all of them is meant to be Vader.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

tactical_grace posted:

Yup this is a common theme in all of their midi scale ships recently. I just built the death star 2 which was a gwp from whichever big set I bought in the last year and it has a tiny Luke Darth and Emperor scene inside.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Just finished the Nightmare Shark Ship that I got for Christmas. It owns. The build wasn't top tier fun, but I still enjoyed it. The finished model is rad as heck. I would change a few things though. If the 'ribs' were white it would look better imo. The play feature knobs behind the shark head are hard to twist when the wings are on. I also had to put boat plates on the bottom, which is an easy fix, but really should have been included.

Oh, btw, the instructions came in a thin cardboard envelope, a nice addition imo. It kept the instructions unfolded or bent and in good condition.

deoju fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Dec 27, 2023

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Oh, I forgot to say those little gremlin figures are lame and I'd rather have regular minifigs.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Oh yeah, I got the Jurassic Park T-Rex breakout set for Christmas, built it in like three hours time. Very nice set, the way the flipped over car is done is really neat. And the Rex himself is kind of adorable in a way.
I did manage to put on a pair of stickers incorrectly on the fence wall, something I definitely should've paid more attention to, but it was reversible with a minimum of fuss.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Our local toy store is completely wiped out except for the Wonder Women 1984 set.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I didn't know that set and it's a big satalite dish on a mountain thinggy which actually looks real cool, but all the mini figs are WW84

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I wonder if that weird box art is why it's still on the shelf.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Wasn’t it supposed to be some con exclusive that ended up getting released broadly because of the pandemic?

Saithir
Jul 10, 2022
Super late Winter Village update:

I've done a cobblestone road/sidewalk thingy, but ran out of 2x2 tiles. Not a fan of the sides and the gaps between the tiles, but there's not really anything to fill them with good as the triangle tiles don't fit this way, so there are little gaps here and there. Just a little annoyance though, I like it overall.

Also had to use the road plates for part of it just like I thought - just not enough tiles. Since it's occupied by the Santa's sled anyway it's not that bad I think. The right side has those big rear end wedge plates which is also okay because there's the carriage on top of it so they're not that visible. The backs of the buildings on the left are still waiting for the arrival of extra pieces from bricklink, so they'll be looking right hopefully tomorrow.

I also found some cheap unused led light chain with warm white leds, so I've integrated it into the buildings.

I also managed to have a small heart attack when I moved the connected baseplates and everything on top back to the smaller coffee table and loving dropped the whole drat thing - fortunately most of it stayed connected with the jumpers it sits on, so I didn't have to rebuild much.

I like the lights. Even without a proper light kit and just with regular cheapo leds it adds a lot of ambience.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

HootTheOwl posted:

I didn't know that set and it's a big satalite dish on a mountain thinggy which actually looks real cool, but all the mini figs are WW84

This MOC of it looks pretty sweet, though. https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-165709/Fantasts/control-center/#details

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Looks like a StarCraft or Command and Conquer building. Wait I bet there are a bunch of those MOCs out there.. uh oh, shiiiit, I don't got the money for this.

moparacker
May 8, 2007

mutata posted:

Looks like a StarCraft or Command and Conquer building. Wait I bet there are a bunch of those MOCs out there.. uh oh, shiiiit, I don't got the money for this.

Maybe don't look up function SC siege tank. 😄

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

I bought the new Galaxy Explorer from a goon like a year ago but it took a Christmas break + being sick to really have the time to sit down with it. What a cool set! I always thought it looked clunky and lame in the photos but it looks way better in person, the build was clever with lots of ah-hah! moments, and covering up the subframe with plates was probably the most gratifying moment I've had with Lego in a long time.