Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
There any good Nextdoor posts about Kissinger dying?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
some sort of space train?

egg_dog
Nov 12, 2005

nͬ͒̂̓̂ͪoͨ́
Fun Shoe
This is good. I wonder why the Irish people were starving in the first place?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Non Compos Mentis posted:

some sort of space train?

Starlight Express is real

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

Zero One posted:

I had a personal Nextdoor experience this weekend.

I was at a friend's community pool with a group and a couple of their kids (11-12 yo). It's not a sunny day so the pool is pretty empty but the kids are having fun and we're all tossing balls around in the water and playing.

There are two pools in my rather large apartment complex. I have a group of friends that are mostly service industry and work weird hours (bartenders, chefs, performers, stage hands, etc) and we were having a great weird monday being day drunk in the pool. Some old lady showed up with a bunch of kids, and kept yelling at us to turn our music down and poo poo. When she went to leave, we realized she was walking towards the gate towards the nearby townhouses. One of the guys yelled out to her, "Wait, do you even live here?" And she yelled back something along the lines of "No, but I know someone that does".

Bitch you don't even live here gently caress off and let us have our day off.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

ChairmanMauzer posted:

There any good Nextdoor posts about Kissinger dying?

this post was legit how i found out about this joyous early christmas present, so thanks for that, nextdoor thread

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

egg_dog posted:

I wanted to talk about this act of kindness, not what precipitated the act. Gosh you guys are a bunch of jerks!

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Cyrano4747 posted:

What the gently caress is with Nextdoor: It’s basic Karen’ing.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
FENT UGH NOLL DOLL URR BILLS !!!!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I think my favorite thing on Nextdoor is people sharing a Ring video of a seconds-long event, but they share a full 1:30 video and you have no idea where in that time the event occurs.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I would simply not watch the 1.5m video of a stoop

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Soul Dentist posted:

I would simply not watch the 1.5m video of a stoop

You have no idea the visual wonders you might be missing out on!!!

(probably a small cat that brief ran across someone porch that they mistook for a coyote.)

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Alright I finally joined next door about a month ago because I thought I would sell some stuff on it.

It's pretty loving hilarious because I'm in a rich area so it is half people trying to scam and begging for poo poo from the other half which is super-rich suburban women.

I think I'm smart and I won't fall for anything
WRONG

somebody posted asking for xmas gifts for their 6th grade daughter because they're barely making ends meet, blah blah really struggling

They posted an Amazon wish list and there were some art supplies so I answered and said I had some markers....

I go through my stuff and pick out 25

I finally go to the house and it's in a really nice area and coincidentally same exact time a Uber eats type delivery driver shows up to the door with 2 brown paper bags full.

I ask the guy are you a food delivery guy he's like yeah (no poo poo)

I have personally never had food delivered from one of those places, The money that bitch spent on that 1 order could have bought her daughter so many art supplies at Ross.
I should have turned around and took my pens back home but I just said oh my gently caress and left it at the door
:downsgun:

Spinz fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Dec 9, 2023

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
What I keep doing is going in threads where people are obviously politically conservative and they're bitching and I sweetly say how grateful I am to be in California, how wonderful our health insurance is, The care for my terminal brother for example

There are total nazis right in my area, I can't believe how bad it is.

Someone shoplifted and people were actually saying that we should be like Saudi Arabia and cut off hands

SAUDI ARABIA

I'm in a liberal part of So Cal
:aaaaa:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

that sounds like libs to me :shrug:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Sounds like you're not actually in a liberal part of So Cal

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Cactus Ghost posted:

that sounds like nextdoor to me :shrug:

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
I like how, when people start saying that poo poo in my neighborhood Nextdoor, they get dog piled by a bunch of very polite people saying, "dehumanizing people isn't nice." It's the most, "Firstname Middlename Lastname, I am VERY disappointed in you," energy.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

egg_dog posted:

I thought it was just because of the potato uprising killing everyone.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I thought it was just because of the potato uprising killing everyone.

Mr Potato Head was no angel.

Benoit
Jun 26, 2006

FLY NAVY
Looks like i may have the next Uillillia near me. This book they are promoting looks about as good as “Legend of the 10 Elemental Masters.”

Here’s the book’s link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0CPVKZJ29/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1702421406&sr=8-2

The description reads: “ This imaginative tale takes readers on an exciting journey through Bean Land, where humans and stuffed animals coexist. The story introduces and follows two brothers, Wougu and Zeb, as they face the villainous Bean Bo, who steals the treasures of their village while disappearing into a time portal. You'll encounter new biomes at each page turn, meet unique characters, and experience thrilling battles and plot twists.
With several stunning illustrations scattered throughout and a fast-paced storyline filled with action, humor, and heart. This book is sure to delight readers of all ages!
Prepare to be transported to Bean Land and join the travelers on their thrilling quest in time!

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I legit bought Ulilia’s book

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Frank Frank posted:

I legit bought Ulilia’s book

Me too. If you're talking about elemental masters then, well, that book is completely unreadable but I knew it would be and bought it anyways.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Tarkus posted:

Me too. If you're talking about elemental masters then, well, that book is completely unreadable but I knew it would be and bought it anyways.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

snagging some hot deals

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I remember using the same TDK tapes in the late 90s :lol:

That’s 25+ years ago! :corsair:

Buddy_Cthulhu
Jun 10, 2005

The tapes are dumb but the retro gaming scene has been a fairly hot market for working CRT TVs.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

still I don't know if it's worth $60

when I was trying to get rid of mine years ago you couldn't give them away and goodwill and other thrift stores wouldn't even take em

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
Blank VHS tapes are actually pretty hard to find these days

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

you broke my grill posted:

still I don't know if it's worth $60

when I was trying to get rid of mine years ago you couldn't give them away and goodwill and other thrift stores wouldn't even take em

It's one of those whole things where they've been treated as trash to be disposed of for long enough they've actually become somewhat scarce.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
That CRT is a EDTV that has component video, so it probably is worth half a drat to a retro gamer or Smash player.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

There’s also a massive CRT disposal problem. They’re just gently caress awful nasty as far as leaded glasses etc goes and properly getting rid of them isn’t simile.

There was a major cluster gently caress a few years ago where it came out that a handful of big CRT disposal companies - think the people who hauled away the stuff you dropped off at Best Buy for recycling - were actually just stockpiling and improperly disposing while betting on future tech making it cheaper to recycle them. Here’s one article but googling I found like four companies running the same scam lol. https://resource-recycling.com/e-scrap/2023/01/19/timeline-the-collapse-of-a-colossal-crt-downstream/

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

Benoit posted:

Looks like i may have the next Uillillia near me. This book they are promoting looks about as good as “Legend of the 10 Elemental Masters.”

Here’s the book’s link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0CPVKZJ29/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1702421406&sr=8-2

The description reads: “ This imaginative tale takes readers on an exciting journey through Bean Land, where humans and stuffed animals coexist. The story introduces and follows two brothers, Wougu and Zeb, as they face the villainous Bean Bo, who steals the treasures of their village while disappearing into a time portal. You'll encounter new biomes at each page turn, meet unique characters, and experience thrilling battles and plot twists.
With several stunning illustrations scattered throughout and a fast-paced storyline filled with action, humor, and heart. This book is sure to delight readers of all ages!
Prepare to be transported to Bean Land and join the travelers on their thrilling quest in time!

Why is Travellers Squish Kingdom In Time set in Bean Land? Immersion ruined.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

all of my neighbors put their trash and recycle bins right next to each other on the curb. the city says to leave 4 feet between them. you can see the truck come and reach out with the arm to grab the bins. putting them next to each other makes it harder. it's obvious.

savages! idiots!

savages

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
What you need to do is go out under the cover of darkness and paint some markers where the bins should go on the street

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Make sure to use masonry paint. Get a professional stencil for it too, so it looks like the city did it.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Sentient Data posted:

What you need to do is go out under the cover of darkness and paint some markers where the bins should go on the street

There was a kind of similar problem in the road just outside my parents' street. The road starts out wide, and gets much narrower as it goes on, so cars that park nose in to the pavement are fine at the wider part, and slowly block half the road as they get to the narrow part.
My mother's solution was to sneak out at dead of night and paint 3 or 4 boxes indicating parallel parking only when it got to the narrow bit.

When time came for the council to renew the official street paint, they gave mammy's guerilla parking spaces official approval lol.
A neighbour, who is a former government minister heard what she'd done and thought it was hilarious.

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

Reminds me of the GOAT of guerilla public sign painting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Clgl63CWOkM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

We had snow and, more importantly, below freezing temperatures the last few days. That means a lot of schools were delayed or cancelled outright. My local school district did a 2 hour delay today, which they called at about 10 pm last night. This caused a variety of reactions. Most people did the usual complaining about having to make accommodations for their kids being home, complaining that other school districts called it early. But we got a few nuggets of gold:

Person Whose Child Can't Handle 2 Days Without School posted:

I wish they would not cancel it. My daughter is having a hard time with no school. She loves school.

Insane Person posted:

Lazy over paid teachers. Remember the COVID farce?

Old Person posted:

When I was a student (1968-1980) we'd be lucky to get a delay after 6 inches of snow.

Another Old Person posted:

1963-1975... VERY FEW DELAYS...

A Third Old Person posted:

truth!