Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Palladium posted:

how weird next to nobody knows who they are despite their weekly 326 million viewers

that's because until the smith-mundt modernization act of 2012, it was illegal for them to allow americans inside the us to access their materials
thanks obama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

that's because they're all dead, murdered by the barbaric... hold on, i'm reading here they died in houses collapsing due to being shelled by tanks, hamas has tanks now, red alert red alert

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Lol survivors, in Hannibal directive land, that's a good one nyt

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Truga posted:

that's because they're all dead, murdered by the barbaric... hold on, i'm reading here they died in houses collapsing due to being shelled by tanks, hamas has tanks now, red alert red alert

Some of them were shot dead on sight while waving white flags and begging to live in Hebrew just to make sure

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/RVAwonk/status/1740634302461677904?t=9lVkDFRt8WwwbN1V8PWAaA&s=19

Bueno makes a perfectly fair point here that for all the allegations the NYT levels, there isn't a lot of evidence for it

And what does she get?

https://twitter.com/CarlyPildis/status/1740839812989632847?t=DePF4ESzsGri8zO6IChFlg&s=19

Former Obama staffer calling her a lizard person

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/RVAwonk/status/1740634302461677904?t=9lVkDFRt8WwwbN1V8PWAaA&s=19

Bueno makes a perfectly fair point here that for all the allegations the NYT levels, there isn't a lot of evidence for it

And what does she get?

https://twitter.com/CarlyPildis/status/1740839812989632847?t=DePF4ESzsGri8zO6IChFlg&s=19

oops someone touched the third rail in D&D and found out how the moderation actually works

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
its cool how "believe women" now means "believe the officials of the genocidal apartheid state when they make allegations against their victims"

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

And what does she get?

probably friends with that guy who yelled at the Halal Cart guys

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Cerebral Bore posted:

its cool how "believe women" now means "believe the officials of the genocidal apartheid state when they make allegations against their victims"

believe women died right alongside metoo

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

lol at the reader context if this is something you feel like you need to clarify because people dont already believe it youve already big league lost the argument

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Radio war nerd had a recent episode that touched on the lack of verifiable evidence of sex crimes by Hamas.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Some Guy TT posted:

lol at the reader context if this is something you feel like you need to clarify because people dont already believe it youve already big league lost the argument

SF players: todd you motherfucker you didn't said your 1000 planets are boring rear end loading screen simulators

todd added context: actually there are 1054 planets 50 more than i promised

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Some Guy TT posted:

Has anyone else realized that Trump saying "bigly" was just him saying "big league" and not that he was inventing some new expression because he's dumb or something

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Yes

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

no

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

gradenko_2000 posted:

Has anyone else realized that Trump saying "bigly" was just him saying "big league" and not that he was inventing some new expression because he's dumb or something

gently caress you!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
no

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

gradenko_2000 posted:

bigly if true

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Cerebral Bore posted:

"Believe women, which means believe Israel"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

big league women

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

gradenko_2000 posted:

We love our phrases don't we folks. Say so much with so little. "Apple a day," "horse apiece," we don't say em anymore! So many people coming up to me crying, saying "sir, we can't even say 'its not the heat it's the humidity" and why?! Because someone may not know what humidity is! I've got two words for those people: big league phrases! Say it! Go on you know you want to!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Benagain posted:

We love our phrases don't we folks. Say so much with so little. "Apple a day," "horse apiece," we don't say em anymore! So many people coming up to me crying, saying "sir, we can't even say 'its not the heat it's the humidity" and why?! Because someone may not know what humidity is! I've got two words for those people: big league phrases! Say it! Go on you know you want to!
I thought you were making up "horse apiece" and instead when I googled it I got a fascinating discussion on midwestern microgeography because it is just in very specific parts of Wisconsin and the UP in Michigan but not neigboring parts of Minnesota despite literally being like, five minutes drive away

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/johnpilger/status/1741419322449215716?t=dZVMEiCn2BkmZI1LvQJxtw&s=19

:(

One of the best journalists ever. RIP.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I was wondering where people were posting about that. rip John.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
it was always supposed to mean "believe victims" but libs quickly realized the weaponizing potential of "believe women"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
and then when the victim became inconvenient to the narrative now its just a meaningless phrase use to imply that if you dont believe the idf you love rape

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

It's probably just my imagination but it always seems like a ton of people always die in the last few days of the year. it's weird.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

1glitch0 posted:

It's probably just my imagination but it always seems like a ton of people always die in the last few days of the year. it's weird.

What's the deadliest month of the year?

www.livescience.com - Mon, 31 Oct 2022 posted:

People die daily from causes ranging from common ailments, such as heart disease, to rare occurrences, such as getting hit by lightning. But during which month do the most deaths happen in the United States?

The deadliest month in the U.S. is the one that heralds the New Year: January. An average of 251,699 people in the U.S. died in January every year between 2010 and 2020, according to a Live Science analysis of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Wonder database, which tracks how and when people die. In comparison, the averages for the other months for this time period range from 218,102 (August) to 242,475 (December), Live Science found.

Other analyses also find that January is the deadliest month in the U.S. According to an analysis of the CDC Wonder database by The Washington Post, there were 40,000 to 60,000 more fatalities during January than August or September from 1999 to 2014.

Why is January so dangerous? According to the World Health Organization (WHO), the culprit could be the world's most prolific killer: heart disease, a 1999 study in the journal Circulation found, noting that heart conditions were more fatal during the winter months, especially January and February. More body heat is lost during the cold months, so the heart has to work harder, which creates extra stress for people with existing heart conditions, the British Heart Foundation reported.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

1glitch0 posted:

their families gave them covid for xmas

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
a lump of covid in my lung stocking

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

So more people die in January but I guess celebrities get preferential treatment as usual and get to die a month earlier.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

1glitch0 posted:

So more people die in January but I guess celebrities get preferential treatment as usual and get to die a month earlier.
They actually die during the holidays, but it only gets reported in January.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Same with births. The most common month to be born is September, followed by October and August. Winter means people get busy loving and dying

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/zei_squirrel/status/1741243342568980580

just the bbc being bbc

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

I have heard this lie, yes

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Happy New York Times Year!

Once Sharon pulled Israel out of Gaza, Palestinians were left, for the first time ever, with total control over a piece of land. Yes, it was an impoverished slice of sand and coastal seawater, with some agricultural areas. And it was not the ancestral home of most of its residents. But it was theirs to build anything they wanted.

Had Hamas embraced Oslo and chosen to build its own Dubai, not only would the world have lined up to aid and invest in it; it would have been the most powerful springboard conceivable for a Palestinian state in the West Bank, in the heart of the Palestinian ancestral homeland. Palestinians would have proved to themselves, to Israelis and to the world what they could do when they had their own territory.

But Hamas decided instead to make Gaza a springboard for destroying Israel. To put it another way, Hamas had a choice: to replicate Dubai in 2023 or replicate Hanoi in 1968. It chose to replicate Hanoi, whose Củ Chi tunnel network served as the launchpad for the ’68 Tet offensive.

(You can probably guess who wrote this but there are several options)

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Precambrian Video Games posted:

(You can probably guess who wrote this but there are several options)

you did

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i wrote it

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Hanoi is a lot more successful than Dubai so Hamas chose wisely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

did dubai ever get a sewage system?