Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

my half understanding is that he basically cut a dimension higher than infinity. Like you have an infinitly long 2d line, you cannot cut it in the 2d space. but you can bisect it if you transplant it to 3d and cut it in that dimension, or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Yeah, sukuna is literally cutting the space where gojo's body happens to be, since his slashes aren't trying to approach gojo infinity doesn't activate. Takako (the naked lady yuta fought) has a cursed technique that lets her interact with space too, creating an equally confusing technique lol. It was a cool foreshadowing of jujutsu letting you warp the fabric of reality.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

He simply cut the page gojo was on, both in-universe but also in our own reality.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

If you imagine a sheet of paper as the place where all fights happen in JJK then to attack Gojo you need to draw a line on the paper from yourself to him. His technique would then Zeno's Paradox the attack so that it never actually reaches him. Meanwhile what Sukuna's adapted Dismantle achieved was basically just tearing apart the sheet of paper itself.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

this is the easiest thing to understand in the world. gojo is hexproof. you can't kill him with swords to plowshares but you can with wrath of god.

rkd_
Aug 25, 2022

Infected posted:

If you imagine a sheet of paper as the place where all fights happen in JJK then to attack Gojo you need to draw a line on the paper from yourself to him. His technique would then Zeno's Paradox the attack so that it never actually reaches him. Meanwhile what Sukuna's adapted Dismantle achieved was basically just tearing apart the sheet of paper itself.

Oh right, I see. So basically Gojo is able to manipulate space, but the adapted Dismantle just tore a hole in space itself. I wonder if that has any further implications seems that seems like a pretty big deal.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Someone on the brainrot subreddit made an image if it helps:

https://www.reddit.com/gallery/17pwuq7

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It's just calvinball, Gojo lost because he was too tired regenerating his brain that he couldn't say "I have stored infinity inside infinity an infinite amount of times!" to protect himself.

Eventually anyone can run out of BS.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Pierson posted:

Someone on the brainrot subreddit made an image if it helps:

https://www.reddit.com/gallery/17pwuq7

The slide that shows Sukuna pulling the old "Look a distraction" on Gojo and then slicing him sure helped me understand that moment.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ChaseSP posted:

He simply cut the page gojo was on, both in-universe but also in our own reality.

Imagine turning to that page and getting a paper cut

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

rkd_ posted:

(which I still don't understand how you can bypass 'infinity'.)

Remember when Yuki smacked Kenny so hard he got ejected from Tengen's barrier - an imaginary space that looped back on itself and was thus theoretically endless? While in practice sorcerers have to navigate around the effects of hostile techniques, or cancel each other out through Domain Amplification/Expansion clashes, fundamentally CTs are neither absolute nor equal; a more potent or refined concept can break through the rules being imposed by another.

Limitless worked by creating an endless imaginary gap between Gojo and potential harm, so Makora refined Sukuna's slash into something that cuts past imaginary space, and everything else.

Conspiratiorist fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Dec 30, 2023

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

You know maybe Gojo shouldn't have let Itadori eat all of those fingers

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

my half understanding is that he basically cut a dimension higher than infinity. Like you have an infinitly long 2d line, you cannot cut it in the 2d space. but you can bisect it if you transplant it to 3d and cut it in that dimension, or something

ChaseSP posted:

When the volume of JJK with Sukuna's dimensional cut thing is published, there will be razor blades embedded into the page where Sukuna uses the ability, for extra realism.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
It would be cool if that page were printed on a different type of paper.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
that whole volume should have a big gash where the panel is.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
At this point if I was involved in this fight I would not want anybody saying I was as talented as Gojo

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

You know maybe Gojo shouldn't have let Itadori eat all of those fingers

In his defence, he honestly had no way of knowing what would happen, and most of them were force-fed to the kid + 1 that Sukuna managed to snag with the old mouth-hands trick.

Char
Jan 5, 2013

rkd_ posted:

I mean, wasn’t he being portrayed as the last hope, being the one remaining sorcerer that could defeat Sukuna with his technique?

According to Kenjaku, the three that had any kind of chance against Sukuna were Hakari, Yuta and Maki. Higuruma is a new card in the deck.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

rkd_ posted:

I mean, wasn’t he being portrayed as the last hope, being the one remaining sorcerer that could defeat Sukuna with his technique?

No he's just the current plan because it might also let them save their friend Megumi. Hakari Maki and Yuta were all called out by the other antagonist as people that might also have a chance against him.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
NGL, when Maki gets her shot at Sukuna, if she just dies, no matter how reasonable it is that she would considering he's the strongest, I'm going to chuckle, close the webpage, and then just stop loving reading this kusoge manga.

rkd_
Aug 25, 2022

Char posted:

According to Kenjaku, the three that had any kind of chance against Sukuna were Hakari, Yuta and Maki. Higuruma is a new card in the deck.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

No he's just the current plan because it might also let them save their friend Megumi. Hakari Maki and Yuta were all called out by the other antagonist as people that might also have a chance against him.

Ah yeah, I guess he isn’t the only one then. I was thinking back to chapter 244 in which the entire group discusses Higuruma and how there’s a sure way to get Sukuna the death penalty. While these others were mentioned, but Higuruma is the one that is put into action (and set up as being the solution) immediately after Gojo’s death. I wonder if we’ll just go down the list and have all of them fail? That could stretch it another year until we finally reach the conclusion.

Also, as a side note, the fact he’s able to face off against Sukuna (somewhat) only 2 months after awakening to his technique makes him a seriously impressive sorcerer. Not sure if I like that or not.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Char posted:

I recall Kenjaku thought anything of Hakari.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Gologle posted:

NGL, when Maki gets her shot at Sukuna, if she just dies, no matter how reasonable it is that she would considering he's the strongest, I'm going to chuckle, close the webpage, and then just stop loving reading this kusoge manga.

Maki will be fine. There are no male characters that will fall into despair if she dies.

rkd_ posted:

Also, as a side note, the fact he’s able to face off against Sukuna (somewhat) only 2 months after awakening to his technique makes him a seriously impressive sorcerer. Not sure if I like that or not.

Traditional sorcerers are a bunch of heavily inbred fine pedigree assholes. It's not surprising for regular dudes to outshine them.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Dec 31, 2023

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

trucutru posted:

Maki will be fine. There are no male characters that will fall into despair if she dies.

yuta??

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

trucutru posted:

I think Yuta would be a bit miffed.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress, she dead. Bonus points if the powerup Yuta gets from her death finally exorcizes Rika

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Rika is exorcised. The Rika Yuta has now is just his technique imitating her curse.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, Rika the Queen of Curses is basically just Yuta's cursed technique built around the idea of the previous Rika who got to actually die. It is just that Yuta's kind of hosed up so his curse technique ends up just being identical to Rika as she existed despite her being a hollow shell.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Blockhouse posted:

Rika is exorcised. The Rika Yuta has now is just his technique imitating her curse.

So you're saying that she may kinda get to die *three* times if he loses his technique?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I thought Yuta was the only sorcerer who uses positive energy, the power of love, and Rika was just a spirit who is really clingy

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

trucutru posted:

So you're saying that she may kinda get to die *three* times if he loses his technique?
No wonder Yuta is so powerful

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

it would be incredibly silly if Yuta killed Kenjaku then teleported over and killed Sukuna, but he's Gege's OC Don't Steal so it would fit the empty fulfillment of this finale

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I mean, all the characters are

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Why does yuta even exist? What was the point of geto dying and having his body stolen when kenjaku is basically the same character

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Why did Maki have to stop wearing glasses

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think the glasses were just a thing to help her see cursed spirits and after Mai died and Maki got woke she doesn't need to rely on them anymore.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Jerkface posted:

it would be incredibly silly if Yuta killed Kenjaku then teleported over and killed Sukuna, but he's Gege's OC Don't Steal so it would fit the empty fulfillment of this finale

I think somehow with people forgetting text and others imagining the maiming and death of women that hasn't happened to get mad at this might be the dumbest weirdest take in the thread recently.

Stairmaster posted:

Why did Maki have to stop wearing glasses

She doesn't need them any more. That was the whole deal with her and her sister's last gift to each other. Also Kenjaku and Geto, besides looking the same, are entirely different characters with different goals and personalities and the point was to set this up as the villain stealing this cool power because Gojo's sentimentality hosed everyone up on this. Which kind of is what holds him back at every step of this narrative and leads to so many many problems.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jan 1, 2024

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

Why does yuta even exist? What was the point of geto dying and having his body stolen when kenjaku is basically the same character

Kenjaku and Geto are only similar in that they use the same powers. Geto was an utter failure at everything he did but Kenjaku actually gets results.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

Yuta and Geto were from the first volume of the manga. Yuji and Kenjaku are the knockoffs made to fill the same spot in the full series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I mean, all the characters are

No way !!! I meant it derogatorily because he's the super op character from the prequel one shot that was absent for the entire front half of the manga who shows up to be super OP and stuff. I can't imagine anyone having any attachment to him whatsoever and I find his shtick of being OP to be boring just like Gojo and Sukuna

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I think somehow with people forgetting text and others imagining the maiming and death of women that hasn't happened to get mad at this might be the dumbest weirdest take in the thread recently.

No its actually a great take