Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
no it's a Pokémon show. why would they do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Pain & Gain is amazing

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

indigi posted:

to please me

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

indigi posted:

what if pickachu had imposter syndrome

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I wish they'd make a Pokemon Concierge game that was like Hotel Tycoon except with Pokemon, or maybe like Stardew Valley except with Pokemon. I think both those games would be good.

also this would never happen but if I got to wish one game into existence they would let the Disco Elysium guys make the next Detective Pikachu

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

because capitalism has irreparably broken you and made you utterly dependent on parasocial relationships with pokemon

Grimnarsson
Sep 4, 2018

indigi posted:

Pain and Gain is great. I also think Bad Boys is phenomenal, Bad Boys II is awesome in a completely different way

but The Rock is an unambiguously perfect movie. every choice made by each cast and crew member who worked on it could not have been improved upon in any way

Bad Boys hell yeah I loved that movie! About The Rock, I think you're right. Like that Iraqi turncoat who gave intelligence to the US about Saddam's wmd's must have thought so too since he just described the glass beads filled with VX (whatever that is) from the movie.

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Nichael posted:

because capitalism has irreparably broken you and made you utterly dependent on parasocial relationships with pokemon

speak for yourself, i would kill for psyduck

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Whirling posted:

i would kill for psyduck

empty quote

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

pokemon version of Arli$$

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Whirling posted:

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

aww dang he was such a great actor who expanded on occasionally small roles. really great in michael clayton and in the bedroom

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Whirling posted:

Son of Psyduck

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Ridiculous. Pokemon shouldn't be in resorts. They should be fighting in the octagon for humanity's collective amusement!

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

indigi posted:

but The Rock is an unambiguously perfect movie. every choice made by each cast and crew member who worked on it could not have been improved upon in any way

“dude … you just hosed up your Ferrari” / “… it’s not mine” is one of my favorite exchanges in cinema ever. the looks, the inflection, everything is just hardwired into my brain

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Substandard posted:

I finally got a Snyology NAS so I'm going to try to move all my plex stuff of my very janky collection of external hard drives and whatnot. Wish me luck!
should be pretty straight forward. i've been using a syn nas for like 7+ years so if you need any help lmk

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
oof, hope that's fake or editted. she looked fine before

Grimnarsson
Sep 4, 2018
Martha Stewart?

Grimnarsson
Sep 4, 2018

Popy posted:

Pain & Gain is amazing

More like Maim & Gain.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Substandard posted:

I finally got a Snyology NAS so I'm going to try to move all my plex stuff of my very janky collection of external hard drives and whatnot. Wish me luck!

Use sonarr and radarr and redownload everything

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

netizen posted:

It's a good movie. China hacks the deer and nukes the United States
and they also use sonic mindblasting devices.

not china, north korea because they wanted to show the film in china

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Fried Watermelon posted:

Use sonarr and radarr and redownload everything

honestly, yeah. if you're like me coming from a zillion of xvid.divx.cl0wn .avi files scattered all over from over the years. it's better to just setup the library of titles in radarr, let it properly number/name the folder and file structures, and then do a download of everything. especially these days h265 is more space efficient than old divx poo poo or 264, more likely to have proper 5.1/7.1 audio tracks, HDR (if your tv has it), more consistent subtitles, etc

i started my media NAS that way at first trying to move all things into folders, etc but ended up just re-downloading everything

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
can anyone recommend me the best soundbar out there in 2023 for like improving dialog and stuff? i have this old vizio sb5350-something but it sucks and there was always an visual-audio lag/desync over hdmi-ac so i have to use it over optical but then loses volume control, and honestly its just buggy and not very good

ive already embraced perma-subtitle lyfe but still it'd be nice to hear people talking easier, and i think a good soundbar would help

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

crossposting from Epstein thread about Leave the Eorld Behind, since I’ve read the novel:

Pretzel Rod Serling posted:

yeah it’s not about that poo poo at all. it’s like a mid-apocalypse domestic thriller-lite but you don’t get anything but hints from the (omniscient) narrator about what is actually going on, it’s just this family of AirBnB renters stuck out in the Long Island sticks with the home’s owners and the sense that something unknowably dreadful has happened.

I found it really affecting honestly because so much of it is internal dialogue.

ultimately I think its politics are generically liberal, as there’s a little bit of race and class tension between both parties but no judgment passed on whatever happened (except “it’s sad people are dying somewhere and they don’t know why”); anything spooky is probably what Obama et al brought to it

anyway, Pokémon Concierge is wonderful and made me cry lol.

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

Pokemon snap was cool

veepfake has issued a correction as of 01:22 on Dec 31, 2023

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

crossposting from Epstein thread about Leave the Eorld Behind, since I’ve read the novel:

anyway, Pokémon Concierge is wonderful and made me cry lol.

I didn't know Epstein wrote a book about Eorl the Young. but I guess it makes sense

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

i probably liked it less than you but this sounds about right. its definitely for nyt liberals terrified that bad state actors are gonna use misinformation to tear apart the fabric of society, but its also not terribly interested in that and just wants to be a disorienting moody thriller. low bar but i thought roberts was better than she'd ever been

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

i probably liked it less than you but this sounds about right. its definitely for nyt liberals terrified that bad state actors are gonna use misinformation to tear apart the fabric of society, but its also not terribly interested in that and just wants to be a disorienting moody thriller. low bar but i thought roberts was better than she'd ever been

I actually haven’t seen the movie, just read the novel. no real interest in what sounds like an even more liberal and generally worse thing lol

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

I actually haven’t seen the movie, just read the novel. no real interest in what sounds like an even more liberal and generally worse thing lol

oh gotcha. thats why i didnt remember the narrator lol. but that paragraph sums up what the film was going for afaict. the why is very very stupid but also completely unimportant.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I am personally excited to see Tom Hardy continue giving 110% as Eddie Brock

Lmao at loving Twisters

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
decided to go with a bose soundbar, hope it doesn't suck like my last one and maybe i can actually hear some talking

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
whats a good new years movie?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Justin Tyme posted:

Bad news, Alien Romulus is a standalone movie between Alien and Aliens

gently caress, hype rescinded.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
independence day

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Xaris posted:

decided to go with a bose soundbar, hope it doesn't suck like my last one and maybe i can actually hear some talking

I don’t think a sound bar is gonna fix the last few decades of lovely sound mixing

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
skill issue

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I forget which streaming service it is but I saw "dialogue boost" on one and I tried it out and it seemed alright but the show I was watching had musical numbers that it didn't recognize as dialogue so all of those parts were nearly inaudible

I guess I just need to buy a center channel speaker but hey, gently caress that

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Xaris posted:

whats a good new years movie?

Depends what you're looking for.

The Holdovers is streaming now, and that's set during New Year.

And there are some New Years themed slashers on Hulu that I'm planning on rewatching this year. Some of the only non-poo poo titles under Blumhouse's Into The Dark label (though that series being a complete grabbag is kind of half the fun).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Nichael posted:

Wait, is it actually like this?

it absolutely 100% looks like what i described. the tone, plot, VA, etc is completely different though. but yeah what i want is psyduck to murder an animal in front of his son tbh