Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I got the Jazz Quartet and have started building it and so far it is fascinating. I did the trumpeter and it was an interesting build. I'm excited to build the rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Guys I’m gonna do the repetitive punishing avengers tower build because I am a slave to fandom

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Dogen posted:

Guys I’m gonna do the repetitive punishing avengers tower build because I am a slave to fandom

It's not that bad.

I like clicking the windows in, and took the time to make sure each one had the die tooling mark oriented in the same direction (bottom, facing inward) :unsmigghh:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

I got the Jazz Quartet and have started building it and so far it is fascinating. I did the trumpeter and it was an interesting build. I'm excited to build the rest.

one of my favorite builds so far, every musician you put together is so different and it looks great on display

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Aye Doc posted:

one of my favorite builds so far, every musician you put together is so different and it looks great on display

Just finished the bassist. The bass was an interesting build, too.

So far, this is low key one of the best sets of the year.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
I asked Santa for Tales of the Space Age and the Light My Bricks kit to go with it. It was a good little build.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

SadisTech posted:

I asked Santa for Tales of the Space Age and the Light My Bricks kit to go with it. It was a good little build.

Oh no, that’s gorgeous

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Very 90s laser tag arena

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Reminds me of the "Space Tunnel" at my local planetarium

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Friend of mine just gave me a cardboard box holding his blacktron renegade, his mom had found it.

It's entirely grey from 30 years of dust but drat that's a nice gift

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/VIKAB8O.mp4

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Wife showed me this one, told her it’d be divorce if she pulled that on me haha

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Ok, hypothetically if a movie was released on March 29th, 2024 at what point would Lego announce any forthcoming set or sets?

a sexual elk posted:

Wife showed me this one, told her it’d be divorce if she pulled that on me haha
:sever:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Meh

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

deoju posted:

Ok, hypothetically if a movie was released on March 29th, 2024 at what point would Lego announce any forthcoming set or sets?

:sever:

Probably want to announce them Feb for March 1st release at the latest.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Look the Lancia vs Audi movie comes out next week and I’m still holding out hope for an 037 to go with my Quattro. Even if the current Quattro isn’t the right year per se. cmon Lego, you cowards!

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
I like to build/collect the licensed car sets. I just realized that Optimus prime is technically a car….i might buy that. Any other sets like this that I wouldn’t normally think of as primarily a car set?

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Sunk Dunk posted:

I like to build/collect the licensed car sets. I just realized that Optimus prime is technically a car….i might buy that. Any other sets like this that I wouldn’t normally think of as primarily a car set?
While they are "trucks" on the outside, the Monster Jam sets all come with alternate builds for different types of cars as well. The Megaldon has a formula car build with the teeth being the bars for the cockpit, and the Dragon has a drag racer.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/deralego/status/1741276228274037140

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Finally finished the peacock I started from 11033, been working on this since before I started the hummingbird!

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-168596/mattking4/11033-peacock/#details

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

Im feeling extremely loving miffed at the moment. Finally building the Concorde I got myself for Christmas, and I got to bag 10 only to realize I’m missing the wheel gear. I looked everywhere, I tore my room apart because maybe I misplaced it? Nope, it was never there. I sent a thing to Lego about it a few days ago but last time this sort of thing happened it was a few weeks before I ever saw the piece in my mailbox. Just… I dunno man! I’ve been wanting to build this forever and it sucks to have to wait because of an issue like this.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Jesus, apparently the D&D Lego is going to be massive, from some rumors. 3745 pieces, for $359.99.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Sounds like it'd still be massively scaled down from the original submission.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
2.5 hours to go. Still no idea what, if any, GWP there will be.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Waltzing Along posted:

None in Australia (on either store).

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
After finishing the Jazz Quartet, I have to say, it is my set of the year.

Build of the year is the drug trip that is the Solus.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Sunk Dunk posted:

Harry Potter train is a type of car.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Almost all trains have cars. Are locomotives a car? I guess all of them would then.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Waltzing Along posted:

I got the food truck for my European order. It did not include the Natural History Museum.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
Did someone say cars?

I have light kits for most of the stuff in the cabinet and a couple of the cars that I haven't installed yet. Also multiple USB extension cables and a hub to connect them all up. It's going to be siiiiiiick

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's funny looking at the Tallneck next to Optimus Prime knowing that Optimus costs $100 more. Lego pricing is insane.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

I wasn’t expecting much after the last few full character model sets but that looks pretty good. Looks like printed pieces for the eyes?

EDIT: Okay the hands and feet are a bit wonky

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
My niece isn't big into Lego. I got her a few small Frozen sets when they came out, and they sit on a shelf in her bedroom. I 100% know she's going to want that one when it comes out though. Good to know her birthday present for this year has been sorted early.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
From today, it's now legal to buy the bootleg 40659 sets.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

The first dog on the moon!

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Лайка! :ussr:

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Forgot to update when I got the Concorde finished. Very satisfying build, and it looks incredible up close. The droop snoot and landing gear are both really cleverly designed.

Building is thirsty work.

The orange leftover parts are temporary pieces that aid in building it, including two gussets that keep the wings from tipping over as you build them vertically. Really nicely thought out.

That leads us to Christmas. My 86 year old dad decided he wanted to buy everyone something expensive this year. My daughter dropped the knowledge that I wanted the Titanic so he got it for me. My daughter made it home from college this weekend and a bunch of my friends are sick, so party plans got cancelled. We had nothing else going on so we decided to ring in the new year drinking and building Lego.

The Titanic is loving epic. I spent about three hours just to get this far:

Check out how they hang the anchors:

There is some seriously tedious poo poo going on but the detail is worth it.

I worked on this while she continued the Ecto 1 build that she started on Halloween.

First section finished at about 1AM:

Got started on the next section but burned out at about a quarter to three.

This represents about 9 solid hours of building. The booze did not slow me down, in fact the building distracted me so I wasn't as tipsy as I wanted to be when the ball dropped. My pictures suck but there is a shitload of detail in there with dozens of teeny pieces which is what makes it take so long. Just in these two sections it has about 75 portholes on each side of the black areas and each porthole pair is a little 5-6 piece assembly. You can see some in the anchor picture with flash.

I've been dying to spend more time with my kid anyway so I could hardly think of a better way to spend the evening.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Got up early after working New Year’s Eve to get the wall parrots. Line was longer than I anticipated but managed to get the set and give it to my wife as a late Christmas present.

Bonus sighting of an IRL Comic Book Guy grabbing the last x-men jet off the shelf before a dad could get it for his kid. Not in a rude way, fair and square, but…cmon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh
I wish I could build the Titanic again, but taking it apart would be so tedious.