Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

mik posted:

I wish I could build the Titanic again, but taking it apart would be so tedious.

Taking apart sets in reverse order is very similar to building them. Try it, it's not as tedious as you would think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I hate taking big sets apart so much. I enjoyed building the biggest ones I have (falcon and ISD) but if I ever had to take them apart I'd pay some neighborhood kid to do it or something lol.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Waltzing Along posted:

Taking apart sets in reverse order is very similar to building them. Try it, it's not as tedious as you would think.

I’ve done this a couple times with smaller sets and bagged them up in ziplocs. It does get a little tedious with single stud pieces and would be hell without tools. But yeah it’s nice to do with seasonal sets so you can sit around and rebuild them every year instead of just taking them out of a box or off a shelf.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I packed up about 60% of my collection recently because I was just starting to feel buried with Lego on every available shelf, and when I started, every set was meticulously taken apart down to the stud in labeled bags. Half way through I was just pulling them apart enough that the parts wouldnt get bent when I put them in bags, by the end I was just wrapping sets in bubble wrap.

The biggest set I ever did a full disassembly on was Ninjago City/docks. And it almost made me hate the set despite it being one of best sets Lego has ever made.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

I'm thinking about taking them apart so that other people I know who like Lego but can't afford the huge sets can enjoy building it. Like my friend's 26 year old niece would looove to build the Concorde or Titanic. Maybe my own kid too, if she wants to.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

I packed up about 60% of my collection recently because I was just starting to feel buried with Lego on every available shelf, and when I started, every set was meticulously taken apart down to the stud in labeled bags. Half way through I was just pulling them apart enough that the parts wouldnt get bent when I put them in bags, by the end I was just wrapping sets in bubble wrap.

The biggest set I ever did a full disassembly on was Ninjago City/docks. And it almost made me hate the set despite it being one of best sets Lego has ever made.

Just sell them…. To me!

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

the titanic is siiiiiick. my wife got me a really nice light kit for mine so i've been sort of unbuilding it again to install all the wiring and its really easy to forget how huge it is when it sits on a shelf up high for so long. definitely my favourite set ever but yeah i dread ever having to break it down back into bags for any reason.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

i broke down the statue of liberty about a year ago and the fuckin 1x1 plates stacked on eachother made me want to die lol

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

So my one off Mom Cal Interdictor finally has a scale buddy to hang out with. My first Ali knock off, $23 for a thousand piece set, a yes please. Good build, inventive attachments for the bottom of the plates.
Would 100% buy again

https://imgur.com/a/rwY24Sl

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
It's time for another journey into knock-off Chinese Lego that still looks great. This time, its Transformers Bumblebee Deformation Optimus Mars - €45.00

The bad new up front, he doesn't transform... You either build him in vehicle mode or in robot mode. I immediately rushed to build him in robot mode, and it certainly took a while. Other than some weird step descriptions in the manual, that model turned out amazing.

The colours contrast really nicely to the official Lego, not as washed out as the Cyberpunk cafe set I got before. I also love how tiny he is compared to Optimus.

They also have their own take on Optimus Prime, some random tanks, and Godzilla and MechaGodzilla

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

PowerBeard posted:

They also have their own take on Optimus Prime, some random tanks, and Godzilla and MechaGodzilla

That Optimus looks almost like Ultra Magnus if not for the flames on the truck version being directly from the Bay movies. Cool kits though.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

PowerBeard posted:

What do the Godzilla and MechGodzilla sets look like? Got a link?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Don't talk to me or my son again

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

TK-42-1 posted:

I’ve done this a couple times with smaller sets and bagged them up in ziplocs. It does get a little tedious with single stud pieces and would be hell without tools. But yeah it’s nice to do with seasonal sets so you can sit around and rebuild them every year instead of just taking them out of a box or off a shelf.

The best tool for the job is a nice set of stairs.

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

PriorMarcus posted:

Here are the Godzillas on yourwobb https://www.yourwobb.com/search?q=godzilla

They also have some Kongs https://www.yourwobb.com/search?q=kong

I think the Panlos ones are officially licensed.

Better than the Mega ones https://www.amazon.com/Mega-Godzill...ps%2C316&sr=8-3

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
For new BrickHeadz sets.

I'm kind of surprised it took them this long to make another Spider-Man Brickheadz set. The only other one was some convention exclusive packaged with a Venom that goes for ludicrous amounts of money online now.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

PriorMarcus posted:

I bought Bumblebee from a local Kitchy Electronics store, so I'll take a few pictures and post tomorrow.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Skios posted:

For new BrickHeadz sets.

I'm kind of surprised it took them this long to make another Spider-Man Brickheadz set. The only other one was some convention exclusive packaged with a Venom that goes for ludicrous amounts of money online now.

They are kind of weird with what they will and won't make Brickheadz off. I'd like them to make full teams more often. For example, there's still not an MCU Thor Brickheadz, or an Hawkeye, so you can't complete the original Avengers.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

PowerBeard posted:

It's time for another journey into knock-off Chinese Lego that still looks great. This time, its Transformers Bumblebee Deformation Optimus Mars - €45.00

The bad new up front, he doesn't transform... You either build him in vehicle mode or in robot mode. I immediately rushed to build him in robot mode, and it certainly took a while. Other than some weird step descriptions in the manual, that model turned out amazing.

The colours contrast really nicely to the official Lego, not as washed out as the Cyberpunk cafe set I got before. I also love how tiny he is compared to Optimus.

Do both those models have enough movability to put them into any good sexual positions?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Lego thread 2024: Legos are sexy now

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

Lego thread 2024: Legos are sexy now

We're bricking sexy back

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

PowerBeard posted:

Other than some weird step descriptions in the manual, that model turned out amazing.

The way these are posed is hilarious.

Shadow doesn’t have a gun. Cowards.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

We're bricking sexy back

We're building sexy bricks

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
:yeah:

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
It is not the bricks that are sexy but the positions into which you can pose them.

This sounds better in its original 3 Danish words.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
behold the power of simultaneous four-brick rotation

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Chris Knight posted:

Imagine four bricks at the edge of a table

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Chris Knight posted:

Mega blocks are deadly erroneous.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I'm pleased to report that one of my dumb Ghostbusters MOCs had some insight. Spoiler ahead for a new gadget in the forthcoming movie. An early toy leak revealed a new a ghost trap mounted on a quadcopter. I called it a year and a half ago.:smug: To be clear, I'm not saying they stole the idea from me, just that I was on the same wavelength as the film makers.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Blue Moonlight posted:

My companion said the exact same thing.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Waltzing Along posted:

I've tried this with only middling success, I think it depends on the style of the set. Big Technic sets I've done are much more difficult to get apart (I took apart the bucket wheel excavator in reverse assembly order and that was tedious, when I had to do the same thing for the rough terrain crane i just broke it up into chunks and put the chunks in bags, and the bags in a box), and then there's sets that use Technic pieces/techniques like the Galaxy Explorer that are just SO SOLID when they're together that they're tricky to get apart again.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The worst is when they build a structure around one of those 6x8 technic rectangle brick things. They love making you insert pins on the inside.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

xzzy posted:

The worst is when they build a structure around one of those 6x8 technic rectangle brick things. They love making you insert pins on the inside.

YES. I didn't have anything specifically in mind when I posted but reading this I remember that was a big part of the excavator.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Blue Moonlight posted:

The Shadow the Hedgehog Escape set ALSO does not have a gun. Cowards!!

We still bought it. I'm gonna buy him a gun at the off-label lego store.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I just got the Lion Knight’s Castle and started building it with my kids and it is freaking amazing.

I saw that the Forest Hideout and Majisto’s Magical Workshop came out recently so I picked them up from a seller at a reasonable price to have them because as a lover of the classic castle stuff, I want all this stuff for an eventual display and to just have in my collection. Is there anything else in the same retro castle theme that’s come out lately I should track down as well? Thanks!

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Arguable how close the theme is, but the viking village and longboat work pretty well on scale.

And the pirate sets like eldorado fortress fall into a similar category if you want to get flexible about dating the theme in the other direction.

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jan 3, 2024

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I just got the Lion Knight’s Castle and started building it with my kids and it is freaking amazing.

I saw that the Forest Hideout and Majisto’s Magical Workshop came out recently so I picked them up from a seller at a reasonable price to have them because as a lover of the classic castle stuff, I want all this stuff for an eventual display and to just have in my collection. Is there anything else in the same retro castle theme that’s come out lately I should track down as well? Thanks!

There is a village coming out soon. Other than that, there was the 3 in 1 castle that came out a couple years back. Before that it had been about 10 years.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Yeah I know of the village coming out. I'm excited for that and plan to get it. I really want to get the blacksmith shop as I had been eying that for a long time. The big Lion Knight Castle is what finally pushed me over the edge to get a huge set for myself for the first time, so now I'm just gonna go whole hog. I really hope they continue releasing stuff that themes with it! I'd love a kit that features some of the classic dragons from back in the day!

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

The blacksmith shop does not look right next to the castle, they're both nominally minifig scale I think but the blacksmith is way too big next to it.

stealing an image from reddit:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

The blacksmith shop does not look right next to the castle, they're both nominally minifig scale I think but the blacksmith is way too big next to it.

stealing an image from reddit:

of course not. the blacksmith was constructed by the black falcon knights and the castle is the lion's knights. they went to war because of their disagreements about the scale of buildings