Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Sub-Actuality)

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Is there a "proper" way to fight loving wheel gator because I just spent the entire fight clinging to the top corner and then shooting him with the chain. He comes out so quickly and feels like there's no tell

that is the proper way sadly, its just a tedious crawl of a fight because you hit him with the chain then he immediately has those invincibility frames before submerging

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
All I remember from X2 is the ostrich's illegal boss room.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

welcome posted:

All I remember from X2 is the ostrich's illegal boss room.

that rooms cool

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

OFFICIAL X2 BOSS TIER LIST

overdrive ostrich - b
flame stag - b
serges 2 - b
bubble crab - c
morph moth - c
sigma - c
agile - c
violen - c
violen 2 - c
sigma 2 - c
crystal snail - d
wire sponge - d
magna centipede - f
agile 2 - f
wheel gator - f
serges - pigshit

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
if your boss fight makes me wait like 10 seconds to shoot once you get an F (including you crystal snail when i gently caress up my magnet mine shots)

turn off signatures

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

violen 1 is the worst boss

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

is there a trick to serges 2 that makes him not a total fucker to hit. i know his cannons get destroyed with only a couple of magnet mines and the slicer is his weakness but its still a pain

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Joey McChrist posted:

is there a trick to serges 2 that makes him not a total fucker to hit. i know his cannons get destroyed with only a couple of magnet mines and the slicer is his weakness but its still a pain

charge the slicer and fire from under him after the cannons are dead, it'll pierce his lovely little cockpit. there's a sweet spot at the very edge of the standable part of the robot under him where his bullets don't hit you after they explode.

turn off signatures

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Joey McChrist posted:

Use the charged slicer and face away from him, it'll hit pretty much every time

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

awesome, thanks guys. i think i tried the charged shot once and didn't hit so i thought it was a bust

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

: Obtain all Heart Tanks and Sub Tanks

: Find all armor parts

: Find all of Zero's parts

Decent game so far but no MMX. Let's see how the Sigma stages are

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Is there a "proper" way to fight loving wheel gator because I just spent the entire fight clinging to the top corner and then shooting him with the chain. He comes out so quickly and feels like there's no tell

He's even worse when you hit him with his weakness because with the buster you can get one or two charged shots off when he resurfaces but with the chain he just repeats the underwater saw attack and jump after every hit.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

]

Megaman X2 was a lot of fun. Felt a bit easier than X but I think that's because everything felt a bit tighter. There were times in X where I was struggling to get an upgrade because a jump had to be done at an exact pixel which I didn't encounter here. A+ pick for the first game of the year.

: Beat the game
: Shoryuken! (PLATINUM)

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Joey McChrist posted:

Silk shot is good for the cannons but for the man himself it was x buster and sub tanks

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

super sweet best pal posted:

He's even worse when you hit him with his weakness because with the buster you can get one or two charged shots off when he resurfaces but with the chain he just repeats the underwater saw attack and jump after every hit.

If you’re really quick with the timing you can hit him twice with the chain before he ducks under but I did it like twice total between both fights with him.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Okay wtf am I missing here, the Shoryuken isn't there lol

Edit : oh you just have to be at full health lol

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jan 3, 2024

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Joey McChrist posted:

the crusher / desperation attack thing that you get from the armor upgrade will kill all 4 cannons at once and save one of the platforms, which gives you a bit more room to maneuver around and do this

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Use the charged slicer and face away from him, it'll hit pretty much every time

it's the only time in the game i ever use the armor upgrade's ability/weapon

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

they're markedly worse

Tonesy
Apr 15, 2004

QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE

American McGay posted:

Twas a joke sadly but you’re welcome to join us on Lone Wolf (hoarde of course).

Guess I'm just glad I only bought a month sub to see if I vibed with it. May or may not keep playing. So far having fun but classic def needs some QOL improvement.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

yeah uhhhh i dont think i like this game lol. its just fuckin annoying

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

This was... fine. It's just a worse version of X with extremely irritating collectibles and they clearly ran out of time at the end and just repeated a random stage for the final level.

It's still Mega Man so it's still fun, but I don't think I'd ever replay it when I can just replay X.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Except for MM2 I liked every Mega Men a little bit less than the one right before it, which was dire when I skipped 6-8 and went straight to 9.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

welcome posted:

Except for MM2 I liked every Mega Men a little bit less than the one right before it, which was dire when I skipped 6-8 and went straight to 9.

I prefer 3 to 2 because the slide is a great addition but otherwise yeah

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

MM3 is god tier and easily the best classic MM game.

better soundtrack, better stages, better boss fights than MM2. the slide and rush were nice additions. the only dumb thing is that you have to use Top Man's weapon on the final boss lol

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
MM3 freaking kicks rear end but MM2 is a masterpiece, imo.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

welcome posted:

MM3 freaking kicks rear end but MM2 is a masterpiece, imo.

this. mm2 supremacy

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I played MM3 more as a kid but MM2 holds a special place in my heart from when I visited my cousins in Ireland when I was 7 and we stayed up all night beating the game and making up lyrics to the Wily stage music

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Being 7 and singing "I love cold meat, it tastes so neat, it is a treat" to this ftw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgY2Sf5vitQ

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

also i guess the slowdown in MM3 gets pretty ridiculous sometimes, especially whenever there are the enemies that drop a hive of bees on you

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Being 7 and singing "I love cold meat, it tastes so neat, it is a treat" to this ftw

lmao

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lmao

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Probably not going to finish it as I don't have the patience for fighting the x-hunters rn.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Okkusenman: Origins

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao i just noticed the mario signature on this years cards

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MM8, 9, 10 & 11 are awesome. I gave up on the X series after 3, they get so bad so fast. I didn't even really like X3 from what I remember.

Zero 2 is great so far. But i need to pick it back up and probably admit I should just use the cheater save points from teh remaster again. It's definitely more feasible than Zero 1, but I'm still too bad at MM to try to grind out my skills.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

x1 kicks rear end, x2 and 3 are mid, idr 4 at all, everythin after sucks eggs through a fence

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

In Training posted:

Zero 2 is great so far. But i need to pick it back up and probably admit I should just use the cheater save points from teh remaster again. It's definitely more feasible than Zero 1, but I'm still too bad at MM to try to grind out my skills.

the intro stage to zero 2 is still one of the best intro stages (complete with busted-up pause screen from zero 1)

turn off signatures

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
makes sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmao