Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

TV Zombie posted:

What’s bwe?

a transphobic “scoopster” on twitter with a private account that all the fed stans currently trust because he gets the run sheets sometimes and makes lots of vague predictions and deletes the ones that don’t come true

he predicted cm punk returning to wwe which they like to point to as him knowing more than SRS and Meltzer

he also predicted that velveteen dream was returning to wwe last year, bray wyatt was in ring shape and “returning imminently” in august, and that WWE would be announcing that Raw is going to WBD this week effectively ending AEW’s tv deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Aww.

https://x.com/MsCharlotteWWE/status/1743099485016707428?s=20

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

pseudodragon posted:

Does he still personally do surgeries? I don't know if I'd want an 80 year old dude working the knife even if he's the undisputed GOAT.

I think he rarely performs it himself these days, if at all, but he generally consults on all of them since it's his practice.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Why the bandage on the ear, Charlotte

I thought it was your knee

Almost as if someone got a recent implant of an alien space slug in their ear 🤔

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

rotinaj posted:

Why the bandage on the ear, Charlotte

I thought it was your knee

Almost as if someone got a recent implant of an alien space slug in their ear 🤔

Surgery is crazy these days, they can get to the knee through the ear to eliminate visible scarring on the knee

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Boring serious answer its probably just covering an ear piercing that’s more hassle than it would be worth to have taken it out

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

I would have just chugged a WOOOOO! energy drink and walked it off so I didn't miss any towns.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

History Comes Inside! posted:

Boring serious answer its probably just covering an ear piercing that’s more hassle than it would be worth to have taken it out

Sure it is, Visser. That definitely makes sense and isn’t you covering your rear end.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

rotinaj posted:

Sure it is, Visser. That definitely makes sense and isn’t you covering your rear end.

Her name is Charlotte. Just Charlotte.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Wasn't HHH supposed to have some huge announcement today?

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

super macho dude posted:

Yesterday. It was SummerSlam in Canada.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
*Money in the Bank

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

super macho dude posted:

his huge announcement is that huge announcements are the next thing he is stealing from tony khan

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Kennel posted:

*Money in the Bank

Having Summerslam in Money in the Bank is kinda weird but at least they're trying stuff!

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Power Windows posted:

Yesterday. It was SummerSlam in Canada.

TNA Impact fans seething

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

This is like the Itchy and Scratchy they made Bart watch in juvie.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Jade Cargill once said on social media that “Right Here (Human Nature mix)” by SWV was the perfect song and she is correct and therefore I will always stan for Jade Cargill

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

quote:

Fightful can confirm that Akam, Rezar and Paul Ellering were to be featured on Smackdown moving forward, as soon as tonight. The trio is planned to start a stable with Karrion Kross and Scarlett.

In addition, we've learned that Gable Steveson is in town, but haven't heard if he'll be used. 

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Now here’s where you all laugh at me

Since catching back up on wrestling I’ve been watching old WWE and I realled like the shield - especially that Dean Ambrose guy. Seemed like. Huge badass.

And then I watched Jon Moxkey wreck everybodies poo poo in the classic and said “hey that guys a huge badass.”

Didn’t even give it a second thought

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

no problem. you stuck to your guns

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Pillowpants posted:

Since catching back up on wrestling I’ve been watching old WWE and I realled like the shield - especially that Dean Ambrose guy. Seemed like. Huge badass.

And then I watched Jon Moxkey wreck everybodies poo poo in the classic and said “hey that guys a huge badass.”

Mox was chatting with Swerve one day and didn’t recognize him as Killshot from Lucha Underground despite marking out. it happens :shrug:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

When I was first starting to get into wrestling I mostly knew about Mick Foley from SvR07 and it took me an embarrassingly long time to realize that Cactus Jack and Mick Foley were not, as I had assumed, tag team partners because they shared the same theme song. And it took until his third Mankind pun in The Hardcore Diaries for me to piece together that he was also the same guy.

:shrug:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

oh, and I’m one of those people who thought Tall Paul’s “No More BS” meant he wasn’t dealing with WWE bullshit anymore. my boyfriend nearly died laughing when he saw the look on my face as it suddenly dawned on me that BS meant Big Show but uh yeah wrestling is fun and silly oops moments like that add to it imo

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Pillowpants posted:

At All In I was sat in front of two dudes who apparently didn’t follow AEW at all and were very excited when Dean Ambrose turned up

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

When I was first starting to get into wrestling I mostly knew about Mick Foley from SvR07 and it took me an embarrassingly long time to realize that Cactus Jack and Mick Foley were not, as I had assumed, tag team partners because they shared the same theme song. And it took until his third Mankind pun in The Hardcore Diaries for me to piece together that he was also the same guy.

https://twitter.com/XeryHighLife/status/1349823742306869258

(Along those lines, at the height of the Attitude Era I remember two dudes in my Boy Scout troop talking about what had happened on Raw the night before. One of them kept saying stuff like "Yeah, so then he hits the ring and lays everybody out, and he grabs the mic and says that next month at the pay-per-view, he's going to destroy Mankind" and I thought "Wait, a wrestler said he's going to kill all of humanity? That seems crazy!")

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jan 5, 2024

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

the escape goat posted:

oh, and I’m one of those people who thought Tall Paul’s “No More BS” meant he wasn’t dealing with WWE bullshit anymore. my boyfriend nearly died laughing when he saw the look on my face as it suddenly dawned on me that BS meant Big Show but uh yeah wrestling is fun and silly oops moments like that add to it imo

It's actually "No More Bartter syndrome". He's been a big proponent of research for the disease.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

the escape goat posted:

While my wife never followed wrestling before meeting me, she was well aware of Paul Bearer for years. Then one day, it suddenly dawns on her and she gets mad at herself.

"His name is a pun! drat it!"

So whenever Paul Bearer comes up somewhere, she would nod and point out that his name is a pun.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I hope you made the same face HHH did when Cactus replaced Mankind in the street fight match

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gavok posted:

While my wife never followed wrestling before meeting me, she was well aware of Paul Bearer for years. Then one day, it suddenly dawns on her and she gets mad at herself.

So whenever Paul Bearer comes up somewhere, she would nod and point out that his name is a pun.

The Paul Bearer gag definitely took until he was with Kane for me to finally twig

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

I never realized King Larry was Scarecrow until I saw that commercial

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Gavok posted:

wait until she finds out about geberal hugh g. rection.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

quote:

Fightful Select has confirmed the long standing rumors that WWE has maintained interest in Stardom standout Giulia, but the claim for months was that nothing imminent was to be announced or determined. We’re told that Giulia has obligations with Stardom up until March that were very important to her that she wanted to prioritize. Those we've spoken to claim that Observer's report that Giulia informed Stardom she wouldn't be signing an extension with them were correct.

We're told that Giulia vs. Mercedes Mone was not a realistic option for the January 13 San Jose since Mercedes' injury, despite rumors.

WWE sources heard that Giulia appeared to not be thrilled that word of WWE interest had leaked, as she was nowhere near being able to sign with the company. We’ve also heard that As of the end of 2023, Giulia didn’t appear to want a representative for contract talks as of yet and was handling the process herself so far. That could always change as the situation progresses.

There were rumors that AEW had no interest in her in the past, but Fightful heard her name brought up in conversations this past spring as it pertained to possible Stardom talent that could appear in the company in some capacity. We haven't heard her spoken of within the company as someone expected to be brought in.

Sources in AEW and WWE both stated that if Giulia were to make a move to the states, she’d likely work heavily with producers and coaches to adjust. WWE sources told Fightful that they viewed Giulia as a potential priority acquisition.

It is widely expected by those within WWE that she would go to NXT and the Performance Center, unless she was prepared on things necessary for the main roster ahead of time. Wrestling Observer noted that she would likely take some time off after finishing up with Stardom to work on her English. WWE sources told us that is something they have resources to aid with as well, in the event that she did come directly over. There was also one WWE source that joked that "Giulia's English is better than the comprehension we've seen out of many native speakers." Amen to that.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

It would be insane for AEW to have zero interest in her

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
It would be quite funny for WWE to be interested in her

She could be Asuka's new tag team partner!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/178954/kevin-dunn-rumor-killer-and-more.html?p=1

quote:

Since PWInsider.com broke word that Kevin Dunn was retiring from World Wrestling Entertainment last Saturday, there's been an assumption that Dunn was retiring altogether. In speaking to a number of sources, we are told that while Dunn is done (no pun intended, I assure you) with WWE by his own choice, he is not seeking to retire from working and is looking into potential film and television projects down the line. I wouldn't expect him to work for any other wrestling companies.

It's also interesting to note that while he was praised on the way out, there continues to be a growing belief that Dunn exited because he felt disrespected and was a "Vince McMahon Guy", as one source stated. Let's be honest - Dunn was THE Vince McMahon Guy.

While everyone is playing up positives publicly, we are told that the relationship between the two sides has gotten more and more frayed in recent weeks with one source describing it as "getting uglier" even after Dunn put his notice in Christmas week.

As we noted Dunn wasn't going to let anyone else dictate how he ran the TV production side after four decades of being in charge and Endeavor was obviously looking to cut costs. More as we confirm Dunn's next move.

I cannot imagine how unwatchable a movie or TV show with Dunn would be.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
He’s looking to continue having access to attractive young women.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Rhonne posted:

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/178954/kevin-dunn-rumor-killer-and-more.html?p=1

I cannot imagine how unwatchable a movie or TV show with Dunn would be.

Kevin Dunn is #AllElite

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Ganso Bomb posted:

It would be insane for AEW to have zero interest in her

What's to like? She's got a great look, she's a tremendous wrestler, has boatloads of charisma, approachibg her athletic prime and has alright English. Need to make room for more Bunny & Penelope Ford (sorry, I have never recovered from giving AEW another chance and every week their was a match from one of that pair while much better wrestlers never appeared. I'll probably still be complaining about The Bunny & Penelope Ford in 2045)

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

quote:

- US Tourney Contender Final: Kevin Owens vs. Santos Escobar

- Lashley and Street Profits promo

- WWE Women's Title: IYO SKY vs. Michin

- Butch & Partner vs. Pretty Deadly (SPOILER BELOW)

- Top Contender Match: LA Knight vs. AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton

Backstage News

- The main event referee is Charles Robinson

- Women's title match ref is Jessika Carr

- Gable Steveson vs. Cedric Alexander is scheduled for a pre-show dark match

- Bayley vs. Chelsea Green is scheduled for a post-show dark match

- Angel Garza & Humberto Carrillo are scheduled for the show

SPOILERS

- The top contender match is scheduled for three segments

- US Title Tourney match is scheduled for three segments

- AOP & Paul Ellering are set to return with Karrion Kross and Scarlett in a segment with Lashley and Street Profits

- Tyler Bate is set to make his Smackdown debut as Butch's partner

- Women's Title match is set for two segments

- Nick Aldis is supposed to be at ringside for the main event

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

big missed opportunity not having pete dunne debut as butch's partner