Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

rio posted:

Oh good to know - thanks. Had looked it up and all I saw was guides about entering it during the archon quest rather than any alternate so I’ll give that cave a looking for.

There's also a tower with searchlights in the underwater area near Meropide. If you park in a searchlight while the alarm goes off and wait for the countdown to finish you'll be brought inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Glazius posted:

There's also a tower with searchlights in the underwater area near Meropide. If you park in a searchlight while the alarm goes off and wait for the countdown to finish you'll be brought inside.

I'm almost positive that only triggers if you're meant to be inside the fortress, so if you haven't done the quests to get inside (in which case you would've unlocked the teleporters anyway), that won't actually work.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

No, it works at any point. I accidentally kept getting caught before I ever started the archon quest cause i kept putting it off. It pops up with a warning about quests you can and can't complete if you go in early and allows you to basically just back out.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I actually did get caught by those pretty early on (well before I even started the Fontaine archon quests) but it kept prompting me about it opening a really long quest and to quit if I didn’t want to do it. But if it’s ok to go back in there like that and not have the quest triggered then I’ll give that a go tomorrow.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

It's been a while but I think if you decline the quest you can still just run around. I remember having to manually teleport out of there, I didn't just teleport automatically.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I just pulled another Keqing on standard banner. I've got a C2 Keqing and six total five star characters. I understand there's a lot of people that really love Keqing, but I do not and I'm looking forward to losing the 50/50 on Nahida's banner to another Keqing

I might as well triple crown her and get her costume during Lantern Rites if they're giving us a free one. I'm in too deep

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
I hated her until Aggravate and she's pretty good at that. The quick rotations and constant Burst iframes are really neat.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I am not a big fan of her character but Keqing is easily my favorite character to play. Stick her with Fischl, Nahida and your favorite defensive unit (I use Baizhu but Zhongli or someone like Jean is fine) To me it's a super flexible really fun team with no set rotation or anything.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

yeah I'm on my fourth attempt to get her to freindship lvl 10 and I'm using Beidou, Collei, and Yaoyao. I'm sure it'll be a lot more fun if I can pull a Nahida but by that point I'll probably have finished Sumeru and capped her friendship and go back to a Navia overworld for Fontaine

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

You can get by with other dendros, but Fischl is really key for making Keqing's damage pop off. As much as I love Beidou as a character, Keqing is the single best unit to pop Fischl's a4 on the current roster and they drive each others damage to the stratosphere.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Eimi posted:

You can get by with other dendros, but Fischl is really key for making Keqing's damage pop off. As much as I love Beidou as a character, Keqing is the single best unit to pop Fischl's a4 on the current roster and they drive each others damage to the stratosphere.
I'm sure I could easily replace Collei with Fischl and Beidou with Kirara but I'm just playing this team for Sumeru/overworld and not trying to farm bosses or do the abyss. I'm only using Beidou over Fischl to break rocks and I'm not using kirara because she's already at friendship lvl 10

Personally I like rotating characters out once they hit level 10, it breaks up the monotony of combat and I'm sure it's going to lead to a time where I'm running Xinyun or Candace and maybe I'll get a new appreciation for them

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
C6 Keqing haver. Used her with Tighnari when Tighnari was new and it was a fun team up. She’s been back on the shelf ever since for the crime of not having big numbers.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jan 7, 2024

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I would gladly take Keqing constellations (C0) over C5 Mona and C6 Diluc I have and never use -_-

And 100% agree on friendship teams. They're awkward and the furthest thing from optimal but it's fun being forced to make unconventional setups work. Overworld/domains/bosses are easy enough it's never really an issue unless you're running into (rare) elemental invulnerability or specific mechanics (stupid airship balloons) in which case swapping a single party member temporarily is sufficient.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I still think Dendro cube is the biggest bullshit. Need dendro to kill it, but it's immune to dendro damage.

and don't give me this "kill it 3 times and just wait" bullshit.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

There's zero reason to not have a spawn activation thing for overworld bosses. Kiss my rear end with this 3 minute wait every time and they won't even spawn while you're near them.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Garrand posted:

No, it works at any point. I accidentally kept getting caught before I ever started the archon quest cause i kept putting it off. It pops up with a warning about quests you can and can't complete if you go in early and allows you to basically just back out.

Really? I'm pretty sure I tried and it didn't do anything, or at most warped me to the edge of the map. Well, if it works then there's a way in, I guess.

Stare-Out posted:

There's zero reason to not have a spawn activation thing for overworld bosses. Kiss my rear end with this 3 minute wait every time and they won't even spawn while you're near them.

The only thing I like the time limit for is the robots near the opera house. I'm happy to give that guy a few minutes to put his robots back together.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I still think Dendro cube is the biggest bullshit. Need dendro to kill it, but it's immune to dendro damage.

It's been a few months, I think it got a lot easier when I just brought an aggravate team to it. Just 3* electros to actually kill it, and collei's along to shoot things at the end.

*Actually just like keqing and fischl or raiden or whoever, third person's even more irrelevant than the dendro. Probably worked out pretty nicely for whoever I had who needed friendship at the time.

Were the things you needed to collect for the last coin seele event thing also these big glowing whorls? They're a pretty awful design choice for fontaine, considering they look so much like the regular pneuma stuff that's also just sitting out in the world on broken trees and whatever.

e.

silvergoose posted:

I just...have my latest new characters in my friendship team, because I got everyone to 10 long ago.

That said, I had *three* new characters recently, down to one now, wonder how Chevreuse and Freminet will gel (they won't, it'll be idk ayaka zhongli carrying this poo poo)

Yeah, friendship teams become a lot less of a pain when you can slot in a babysitter to actually do stuff. Or if you're in sumeru and leylines and daily quests don't have too many elements that are useless. :v It wasn't until I got mona that I actually saw what the fatui fire gun dudes do when you break their shields.

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jan 8, 2024

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

I just...have my latest new characters in my friendship team, because I got everyone to 10 long ago.

That said, I had *three* new characters recently, down to one now, wonder how Chevreuse and Freminet will gel (they won't, it'll be idk ayaka zhongli carrying this poo poo)

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Keqing was my first 5 star (wait actually Venti was but that doesn’t count because it was a reroll 5 star) and yes I like the fake catgirl thing but I have always loved her gameplay. I lost on the first Childe banner and didn’t really mind - I was a Razor player before that and she felt so strong and fun in comparison. Back then you could build her physical or electro too so there was variety in builds that offered two kinds of gameplay (I wish build variety overall was a thing in genshin). And her teleport was great for low stamina exploration since it gave some extra height.

Dendro just made her absolutely cracked imo. I had invested in her over the years just because she’s fun but now she’s part of a legit strong team. I barely ever use Ayaka so I have Mistsplitter practically glued to her and it looks like her sword too in terms of drip. Whenever I lose a 50/50 I hope it’s Keqing even if her cons aren’t all that great - currently c4. A lot of units benefitted from dendro but she might have benefitted the most, well except maybe for Kuki.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

ninjoatse.cx posted:

All you need is Collei really. Charged shot the three bulbs then electro them down and it's over in one cycle

rio posted:

Keqing was my first 5 star (wait actually Venti was but that doesn’t count because it was a reroll 5 star) and yes I like the fake catgirl thing but I have always loved her gameplay. I lost on the first Childe banner and didn’t really mind - I was a Razor player before that and she felt so strong and fun in comparison. Back then you could build her physical or electro too so there was variety in builds that offered two kinds of gameplay (I wish build variety overall was a thing in genshin). And her teleport was great for low stamina exploration since it gave some extra height.

Dendro just made her absolutely cracked imo. I had invested in her over the years just because she’s fun but now she’s part of a legit strong team. I barely ever use Ayaka so I have Mistsplitter practically glued to her and it looks like her sword too in terms of drip. Whenever I lose a 50/50 I hope it’s Keqing even if her cons aren’t all that great - currently c4. A lot of units benefitted from dendro but she might have benefitted the most, well except maybe for Kuki.
I used Razor at first too and he always felt better to use than Keqing to me, but popping three bursts and Razor ult then plowing through everything was a lot more fun to me than charged attack spam then chasing down a bunch of small enemies

Tampa Bae fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jan 8, 2024

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Zenostein posted:

I'm almost positive that only triggers if you're meant to be inside the fortress, so if you haven't done the quests to get inside (in which case you would've unlocked the teleporters anyway), that won't actually work.

Nope, I got arrested for starfish crimes trying to build neuvilette

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

Whenever I want to build friendship I just swap teams before collecting rewards. It doesn't work for domains or weekly bosses, but it's fine for ley lines and collecting daily commission rewards from the book/Katherine. So the team doesn't really need to be good since they're only out for like a second at a time.

However I do assemble teams based entirely on vibes and my commitment to the bit so most of them are bad anyway. They are optimized for gently caress all. My teams based on who's invited to the cookout versus who's at Dennys at 2am will continue to not thrive and I refuse to change. I'm still deciding which of my bad teams I'm willing to sacrifice to build a team themed around chronic illness.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Everett False posted:

Whenever I want to build friendship I just swap teams before collecting rewards. It doesn't work for domains or weekly bosses, but it's fine for ley lines and collecting daily commission rewards from the book/Katherine. So the team doesn't really need to be good since they're only out for like a second at a time.

However I do assemble teams based entirely on vibes and my commitment to the bit so most of them are bad anyway. They are optimized for gently caress all. My teams based on who's invited to the cookout versus who's at Dennys at 2am will continue to not thrive and I refuse to change. I'm still deciding which of my bad teams I'm willing to sacrifice to build a team themed around chronic illness.

The Wolf you can still switch since he is technically in the overworld, you can do all the overworld stuff like that as it only limits you switching when you are in a Domain of some variety. There is also the random overworld quest trick where you can logout in specific spots to trigger them when you log back in.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Finished the event and, man, they really don't know what to do with Ayato in events. He has funny idle lines and can be kind of a dickhead, he's not as dull as these always make him look!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

He seems dull to me

rio
Mar 20, 2008

He seems boring but he’s actually into some freaky poo poo we just haven’t seen yet. He is an Otto expy after all (I’m coping)

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Justin_Brett posted:

Finished the event and, man, they really don't know what to do with Ayato in events. He has funny idle lines and can be kind of a dickhead, he's not as dull as these always make him look!

It really did feel like he was brought in just because they hadn't used him for anything in forever lol

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

ninjoatse.cx posted:

She’s been back on the shelf ever since for the crime of not having big numbers.

I mean she doesn't have world-ending damage because electro, but I never thought her numbers were bad. Her Q does some decent damage when it hits and her CA has always had a good multiplier. None of that matters because she's the queen of bouncing things out of your reach and misses deal zero damage regardless of multiplier, but the attacks themselves are fine.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
She exists to reload Fischl's bird machinegun. As honorable a task as any.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Justin_Brett posted:

Ayato's just the kind of guy who prefers to work in the background and also invent terrible food variants. He was up and about the Palais Mermonia for a while before evolving into his final form of Guy Reading The Entire Menu At Fonch Starbucks, and I completely buy him noping the gently caress out to get a jump on the "soul-destroying paperwork" portion of international diplomacy.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

rio posted:

He seems boring but he’s actually into some freaky poo poo we just haven’t seen yet. He is an Otto expy after all (I’m coping)

I love Otto and Ayato is just so disappointing. Not even Ishida Akira really carries him, all he has is the boba meme, he's such a nothing character.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I don't think the subtle troll archetype works out so well in a format where they show up a couple times a year at most.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Eimi posted:

I love Otto and Ayato is just so disappointing. Not even Ishida Akira really carries him, all he has is the boba meme, he's such a nothing character.

It really feels like he exists just for Ayaka to have a big brother to worship, but beyond that, they never figured out anything else to do with him

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Everything about Ayato showing up makes sense. His sister is a fench nerd, he is protective of her, and he wants to open relations with Fontaine now that the vision hunt decree is over. This is all logical from a real-world perspective. The focus wasn't on him and that's how he likes it anyways. Do we want more Ayato crumbs? Obviously, but it's not like he's just being shoehorned in here.

Also it's neat seeing 2 national leaders doing national leadership things even for a moment.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I like Ayato because he's voiced by Dimitri Fire Emblem. I liked his story quest too, although I wish they'd gave us opportunities to see him actually being a scheming dick more often.

Oh man, I just realized they missed a chance to have Ayato and Wroithesly meet each other. Claude and Dimitri reunion scene.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jan 8, 2024

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Oh man, I just realized they missed a chance to have Ayato and Wroithesly meet each other. Claude and Dimitri reunion scene.

GOD DAMMIT

Also would love for them to meet Enjou (Patrick Seitz)

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Tara Platt would tempt me to use EN dub not gonna lie....

Kale
May 14, 2010

Justin_Brett posted:

They keep reusing the whole "I feel like I could make a great villain' in-joke with him being voiced by Akira Ishida too now I notice. It is sort of funny how he basically disappeared again even though Chiori stuck around and then it was like "did your negotations go well?" "Yup....." End of Event.

It was obvious from his line count leak a couple months back though that he was mainly there cause Ayaka and Yoimiya were there and on the version banners, since it's not like he's actually on the banner as well, but would have to come with them as the boss of House Kamisato or the Yashiro Commission or whatever you want call it.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I like Ayato because he's voiced by Dimitri Fire Emblem. I liked his story quest too, although I wish they'd gave us opportunities to see him actually being a scheming dick more often.

His story quest was easily the best use of him IMO even though people didn't seem to like the political intrigue aspect of it very much.

Anyway apparently the latest round of Cloud Retainer changes have come out and she got some damage multiplier buffs to her various talents.

Kale fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jan 8, 2024

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Chongyun can do the 100k plunges too, and he's got a burst that actually wants to build for it. But who would have their chongyun built?

Kale
May 14, 2010

No Wave posted:

Chongyun can do the 100k plunges too, and he's got a burst that actually wants to build for it. But who would have their chongyun built?

I can't take the character seriously after Shenhe's trailer. I never had him built by that point and was still reasonably early into having picked the game up for real at the time (I'd only been actively playing it for maybe 7 months at the time), but yeah pretty much killed my ability to take him seriously as a character or ever want to build him much. If it weren't for Yanqing over in HSR he'd probably have the title of saddest sack jobber Miyoho character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

Chongyun is a long forgotten original member of the nationals team, so the answer is anyone who built him back then.