Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Furnaceface posted:

Calgary kind of sucks huh?

It's really impressive that they got even worse post firing of Sutter.

rex rabidorum vires fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jan 7, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
This game should convince Conroy to sell.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

The Black Stones posted:

This game should convince Conroy to sell.

No no, they should trade for more Canucks/ex-Canucks

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

:cripes:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I like how the Pens barely celebrated that PPG. I think they were surprised to score a goal like that lol

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
:siren: Trocheck!

Good passing there

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I hope Vinnie gets sent to the All star game. Hes been unbelievable this year.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Stars gonna lose :getin:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Hell yeah EK

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Rangers have been mediocre to lovely for the last 2 weeks.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

The Lotto line thing might just be good.

Szechwan
Jun 10, 2023
Rags made a big push and had some great chances in the second half of that period, then two dominant shifts from Van and it's 3-1

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Not a fan of the Wild but they'll pull this off

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
A Chad Ruhwedel goal? It takes all kinds

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

PETEY

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Canucks superskills competition is taking place at MSG apparently

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
The Canucks are fun again.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
christ that was a nice goal hog

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Canucks' strategy seems to be to play about 5 minutes out of every period and see if that works.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

IDK wtf is going on with the Rangers defense but outside of the Tampa game they’ve been loving terrible over the last month.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

heehee posted:

christ that was a nice goal hog

It took a couple of seasons but Hoglander's been great so far.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Incredibly arbitrary, but that’s gotta be up there for prettiest two goals in a two minute period.

Petey had more stick touches in a play than most 4th liners have in a game, and then Hoggy outdoes him.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
DoC back with Geno pays dividends :getin:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

rex rabidorum vires posted:

DoC back with Geno pays dividends :getin:

DOC is really starting to develop his offensive instincts lately. I thought he had more offense in him than he's shown and it looks like the Pens' patience with him is paying off .

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

DOC is really starting to develop his offensive instincts lately. I thought he had more offense in him than he's shown and it looks like the Pens' patience with him is paying off .

They just need to figure out what to do with Rust/Smith. Move Rust to the 3rd line imo though he's been ok on the 2nd tonight. Rust/Malkin/Smith was extremely bad. Smith on the 3rd line has been ok'ish but still a bit ugly.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

They just need to figure out what to do with Rust/Smith. Move Rust to the 3rd line imo though he's been ok on the 2nd tonight. Rust/Malkin/Smith was extremely bad. Smith on the 3rd line has been ok'ish but still a bit ugly.

Rust doesn't look like he's back to full speed yet. Either out of shape or still hurt.

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

Now this is a Pens Flyers game

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Matt Zerella posted:

IDK wtf is going on with the Rangers defense but outside of the Tampa game they’ve been loving terrible over the last month.

You mean exactly like what happened with Peter Laviolette in Philly?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

You mean exactly like what happened with Peter Laviolette in Philly?

I have no idea what this means.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
luv da nucks baby

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1D1l7mdgU8

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

About as complete a performance by the Pens this season as you could ask for.

Matt Zerella posted:

I have no idea what this means.

Lavy's time in Philly was punctuated mostly by huge defensive/system breakdowns that were never fixed and ultimately led to his firing. Well that and the Flyers generally being managed as a tire fire. And I haven't watched much of any Rangers this year, but Lavy has had his struggles keeping his team(s) organized.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

About as complete a performance by the Pens this season as you could ask for.

Ned has been somehow one of the biggest moves that Dubas made this past off season. Been great. It's nice to see Malkin's line start to gel again. Need that.

Kinda rough schedule this week with Vancouver and Carolina next. I hope they win the Vancouver game because Carolina on the road is always a tall ask

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Lavy's time in Philly was punctuated mostly by huge defensive/system breakdowns that were never fixed and ultimately led to his firing. Well that and the Flyers generally being a managed as a tire fire. And I haven't watched much of any Rangers this year, but Lavy has had his struggles keeping his team(s) organized.
Good to know thanks. I'm not worried long term and Peca is apparently in charge of this but they've been pretty mediocre for a month. I'm not panicking but tonight and Saturday's Montreal were pretty pathetic defensively.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Wait what how was that not a goal?

e: They gave it to him

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
lmao, too many too many mens

coincidental bench minors because both bruins and avs called for too much mans

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Wait what how was that not a goal?

e: They gave it to him

im glad of it

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

fermun posted:

lmao, too many too many mens

coincidental bench minors because both bruins and avs called for too much mans

this kicked rear end

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

it's pretty cool that seguin is going to be a 1.6 ppg a game player forever again, and nothing will stop him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Good win