Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

I would like to emanate onto the face of the evildoers

No hornyposting about your Dugin fetish plz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

When u emanate but he keeps evildoing

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah it's insane. From -24c yesterday to god drat -3c today. I want proper winter back, god damnit, not this soft southern poo poo.

No -3 is good for me, this drat week used up 350kWh alone. That's a month's usage in spring/summer.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Computer viking posted:

That's just around the point where it's can feel bone-chillingly cold and dreary in October, but like a warm breath of spring in March.

Or like an unseasonably cold day in the middle of the winter if you live somewhere with cacti, I guess.

My apartment doesn't have any sort of furnace or heater :shudder: but also because the cold is mostly a novelty, and in the sun it got up to 18C today

Putin is a piece of poo poo

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

His Divine Shadow posted:

No -3 is good for me, this drat week used up 350kWh alone. That's a month's usage in spring/summer.

Oh yeah, RIP to anyone who has electric heating.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I have heat pumps but still.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

Avirosb posted:

When u emanate but he keeps evildoing

Help me stepbro, i'm stuck and keep evildoing.

Why are you emanating on me? Staaahp...

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

It's 17c at 3am here :smug:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1744645331109703993#m
Or you could just pack up and go back home instead comrade, before you get unlucky

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Vampire Panties posted:

My apartment doesn't have any sort of furnace or heater :shudder: but also because the cold is mostly a novelty, and in the sun it got up to 18C today

Putin is a piece of poo poo

Below 10 in an apartment that's not built for it sounds like it would be a very chilly experience, indeed.

(On the opposite side, my apartment has great insulation and heating, and is nearly unlivable on the rare days when Oslo hits +35C.)

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Tai posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkfJLxEgWF4

Lmao shoot me. He is so high on fascism.
they know they're doing it for money. he is doing it for money and he knows they're doing it for money. everyone knows, who is this charade for anyway, talking about god with Lenin and PRC flag in the background :lol:

edit: relevant thread

quote:

1/ Mobilised Russians are stoically enduring appalling conditions on the front lines in Ukraine, without food or water and with endemic theft of their supplies and equipment by their own side. Meanwhile, many of their wives are afraid to speak up for fear of retaliation.
2/ A report by Radio Free Europe highlights the experiences of mobilised Russians fighting in Ukraine through the accounts of two families, one from north-west Russia and the other from the Sverdlovsk region in the Urals at the far eastern edge of Europe.
3/ Tatyana is the wife of a contract soldier named Sergei, who went to war voluntarily last July. She says that most Russian soldiers are, like her husband, simply looking to earn money to support their families and pay off their mortgages.
4/ "No one is fighting for the Motherland now," she says. "No matter who you ask, everyone goes there to improve the well-being of their family." Sergei is earning 200,000 rubles ($2,210) a month, three times his former civilian salary.
5/ However, much of the initial recruitment bonus was used up buying personal equipment at inflated prices. The soldiers also have to deal with endemic theft of their personal effects by their fellow soldiers, as Tatyana explains.

6/ "One guy had his warm tactical gloves stolen while he was on parade. Another guy's rucksack went missing with a new warm suit while he was on a mission. He came back from combat alive, but the rucksack was gone. He asked where it was, and they told him it had been burnt.
7/ "My husband had the same thing. He went on a mission, and when he came back, it was gone. Everything was stolen. Warm, good, woollen socks. The shaver I gave him. He kept it safe all the time.
8/ "And some people had their phones and money stolen on the trains when they were on their way to their unit. Some of them are still out of touch. You'd think they'd all work together, and then this happens. Their own stealing from their own. How can this be?"
9/ When the men got to the front line they lacked even shovels. "They just dropped them off in an empty field and let them do what they wanted. So my husband slept in a body bag.
10/ "He got into a sleeping bag that he brought from home, climbed into the body bag, zipped himself up, put a tube in his mouth and stuck it out through the slit so that he could breathe.
11/ "They don't get anything out there. No gloves, no warm underwear, no ammunition. They didn't even give them shovels. But they did give them body bags."
12/ Theft and supply problems also affect parcels of 'humanitarian aid' sent from home to the front line. Only two such parcels have reached Sergei since July. The soldiers have to rely on medicines and medical supplies sent from home, as there is nothing at the front line.
13/ "My husband said that it was only there that he understood what bread was," Tatyana says. Bread and water are "worth its weight in gold" and are rationed because of the lack of supplies. "They will be thrown to the front line for two or three weeks, and survive as you will."
14/ A great many don't survive. According to Tatyana, out of 300 men in her husband's unit, all but 18 were killed, injured or went missing in only three months – a 94% casualty rate. The men are not rotated but are kept at the front until they die or are too injured to fight.
15/ Tatyana says: "After the first mission, the survivors were promised rest from two weeks to 45 days, but they were deceived. After just four days, they were sent to the front line for three weeks. And without any technology at all.
16/ "All the equipment [armour] was bombed in the first battle, and they still can't find the crewmen. No body - no case. The family will receive nothing.
17/ "One of my husband’s colleagues has shrapnel in his head, another has torn knee ligaments, someone’s arms are broken, one can't bend his back, and another can't see. And there are also all sorts of related diseases. Prostatitis, hemorrhoids, pneumonia. It's constant pain.
18/ "Some people have incontinence because of prostate inflammation. But they don't even send you to rehab for your wounds. Soldiers write reports, and their superiors just tear them up. They say you're a fuckup, not a report. Commanders want to send them to the front line again.
19/ "I consulted a lawyer, asking what to do? He said just fall down and say that you can't go. But there you can fall down or not fall down. They'd lift you up, throw you in a vehicle and take you to the front line.
20/ "My husband says they take them out like meat. He says that if they are sent on a mission again in such a state, it will definitely be his last trip."
21/ Despite their difficulties, the soldiers are nonetheless determined to continue fighting and believe the propaganda that they are defending Russia. Tatyana says that "nobody's going anywhere. They're all willing to move on. And they will move on. Because they are men."
22/ She says that the soldiers simply need to “exhale”, “heal”, to be ready again to return to the front. "I think it's inherent in every man. They understand their responsibility. They will go on to the end. My husband says, "I'll get better and then go back to my boys."
23/ Their wives share information with each other on chat forums but are afraid of complaining, in case those in authority take revenge on their loved ones.
"Some women believe that all bells should be rung, while others ask not to write anything anywhere.
24/ "Like, suddenly those who complain will be shot by their own commanders and blamed on the war. Or, they say, there is some place called Zaitseve, and they are sent there for punishment.
25/ "It's like a prison. They lock you up, they don't feed you, they beat you up. You know, abuse you. Lord, we live in the 21st century, we're not fascists, how can they abuse us like that?"
26/ Vladimir Lobanov from Karpinsk in the Sverdlovsk region was severely injured in October 2022, less than a month after being mobilised. He spent a week in hospital with shrapnel embedded in his body, but it was not removed and he was returned to his unit.
27/ When Vladimir turned 50 in September 2023, he was entitled to a discharge on the grounds of age. But this didn't happen. His wife Olesya says: "Just before his birthday they offered him a contract. He didn't sign. But they said: if you don't sign a contract, you go to combat.
28/ "And on 21st September, instead of going home, he was transferred to another unit. When he filed a report in the other unit, he was told that the laws did not apply in the zone of the Special Military Operation."
29/ Each combat mission lasts from 8 to 16 days, with a maximum of four days' rest. The fragments in his neck, chest and groin are bothering him, but he doesn't particularly complain because he says "there are guys out there in worse situations."
30/ Olesya has been campaigning for her husband to be released and has written to everyone in authority from Putin downwards. However, she says, the results are always the same: requests are "redirected down the chain of command, where they simply disappear". /end

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Jan 9, 2024

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Apparently, Sweden is moving troops to Latvia as a precursor to joining NATO.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Samovar posted:

Truly this timeline has ran out of ideas. Lets just hope it turns out like Battle of Narva, instead of re-enactment of the Battle of Poltava.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Poltava, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Narva_(1700)

Der Kyhe fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Jan 9, 2024

bratwurst massage
Jan 27, 2018
A Russian Colonel bolsters his troops morale by stepping on a mine

https://www.newsweek.com/top-russian-airborne-officer-killed-ukraine-reports-1858872

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Samovar posted:

Putin announces Latvia has asked Russia to step in to stop the swarthy Swede urged by its (((((HOMONATO)))) CIA handlers from invading. A four-day special operation to follow.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Der Kyhe posted:

Truly this timeline has ran out of ideas. Lets just hope it turns out like Battle of Narva, instead of re-enactment of the Battle of Poltava.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Poltava, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Narva_(1700)

Is it time for hakkapeliittas to hak again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psH6TQL1u7A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9ss203h32I

E:

och för våra vänner i Sverige, originell versionen med lyriker på Svenska.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EkiFMy5R4w

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jan 9, 2024

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Dwesa posted:

they know they're doing it for money. he is doing it for money and he knows they're doing it for money. everyone knows, who is this charade for anyway, talking about god with Lenin and PRC flag in the background :lol:

Lol and every single person who wasn't paid each month, had intermittent monthly payments, didn't get injury compensation or families that didn't get a big payout (fish blocks) are still run through the books as paid to fluff the economic data.

There are some officials/officers who are making insane bank as well with all this. I wonder how many payouts were actually meant to happen but swapped it out for a sack of potatoes. I wonder where the missing gear went to if it even existed.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Dwesa posted:

What docile, perfect, stupid little soldiers. :dumb:

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023

newsweek posted:

Paratroopers from the Airborne Forces, also known as VDV, are often described as some of Moscow's most fearsome fighters. However, they have also purportedly suffered unusually high casualty rates since the war in Ukraine began almost two years ago.

Must be a bitch to fight actual forces instead of villagers heh

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

zone posted:

What docile, perfect, stupid little soldiers. :dumb:

They even practice how they will one day lie in body bags :dumb:

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
New Putin table just dropped.

I guess it’s a meme now. Every new summit they add another table to the table.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Oscar Wilde Bunch posted:

At lunchtime they fill the space between tables with ravioli.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Tai posted:

Anyone watched youtuber Kraut? Does a wide range of topics including UA. Seems pretty good and digging right down into stuff.

I remember the name as being part of the anti-SJW/Skeptic community years ago when that was at it's peak, did he go the way of Thunderf00t and distance himself from all that?

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

One weird trick to make body double recognition more challenging in a very obvious way.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Looks like it was artistically spray painted with blood tbh. :stare:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1744648612695433384#m
:qqsay:

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
Can never get over how miscast Peskov is. Dude should have been manager of a second division Scottish football team in 1991.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Dwesa posted:

One weird trick to make body double recognition more challenging in a very obvious way.

Body double?

No!

Double table!

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Clerical Terrors posted:

I remember the name as being part of the anti-SJW/Skeptic community years ago when that was at it's peak, did he go the way of Thunderf00t and distance himself from all that?

No idea about the SJW stuff. Only watched a handful of his stuff and he doesn't give off any whiffs of it at all. But this is his stuff in the last few years. Maybe someone different?

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Disco Pope posted:

Can never get over how miscast Peskov is. Dude should have been manager of a second division Scottish football team in 1991.

Hah, he actually does look like a guy, who should be constantly chewing nicotine gum and throwing clipboards at refs in KHL, NHL or international hockey games while bellowing instructions to players.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Is that out of the Russian or Republican playbook? Claim the opposite of the truth with a smile and no sense or irony?

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

redshirt posted:

Is that out of the Russian or Republican playbook? Claim the opposite of the truth with a smile and no sense or irony?

It's the same book

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023

Room generally feels like that one torment doom texture

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Big always means powerful in non homo russia

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
lol how did I miss this.

Governor of Russias central bank has warned that russia is short 5m workers and this was backed up by Institute of Economics at the Russian Academy of Science. She said russia needs to badly expand it's GDP if it wants to continue throwing large amounts of money at wages. The knock on effect of this sudden influx of wage cash has caused inflation to rocket. To combat this, interests are high to slow it but this also has caused companies to stagnate or not start up due to insane borrowing costs. She said unless the GDP grows and the worker gap is plugged then the economy may collapse as wage growth is unsustainable.

Well loving played putin. Well played you bald genius. You are on route to even loving up keynesian

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Tai posted:

lol how did I miss this.

Governor of Russias central bank has warned that russia is short 5m workers and this was backed up by Institute of Economics at the Russian Academy of Science. She said russia needs to badly expand it's GDP if it wants to continue throwing large amounts of money at wages. The knock on effect of this sudden influx of wage cash has caused inflation to rocket. To combat this, interests are high to slow it but this also has caused companies to stagnate or not start up due to insane borrowing costs. She said unless the GDP grows and the worker gap is plugged then the economy may collapse as wage growth is unsustainable.

Well loving played putin. Well played you bald genius. You are on route to even loving up keynesian

5 million?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Yup, 91% of all Russian companies are reporting a shortfall of workers.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Clerical Terrors posted:

Huh, did Thunderf00t get better? I was put off by the anti-SJW screeching but also by him sounding like he's talking with just an impossible amount of spit in his mouth. I probably still can't deal with the latter but it's good if he gave up the first.

I vaguely recall what you're talking about wrt Kraut but I've seen his last-few-years-recent output and that seems to be on the level, and he often has interesting things to say about subjects I didn't already have knowledge regarding.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Tai posted:

Yup, 91% of all Russian companies are reporting a shortfall of workers.

I also wonder how much of the typical Russian education is now focused on lovely history revisionism and propaganda about Why Ukraine Must Fall And How You Can Help By Joining The Army, as opposed to teaching useful and especially relevant stuff like "how can you efficiently get cargo from point A to point B given the circumstances" and "the chemistry of corrosion-resisting paint and how to produce it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

tiaz posted:

I vaguely recall what you're talking about wrt Kraut but I've seen his last-few-years-recent output and that seems to be on the level, and he often has interesting things to say about subjects I didn't already have knowledge regarding.

Finding out putin admires Ivan 'turbo fascist' Ilyin was fun.