Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

Elias_Maluco posted:

voting is always on sundays and its a national holiday

Until recently here voting was always on Thursdays as a way to disenfranchise college students - the idea was that they wouldn't have enough time to travel home after college to vote and then come back to the cities for the next day of study.

The last few referendums were on Fridays because those times the government wanted the student vote (gay marriage and then abortion legalisation).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Elias_Maluco posted:

Here in Brazil we have a dedicated ID card (the RG), that everyone has, even the poorest

Before we also had a voting document that was required for voting but now it aint necessary anymore, we can use the RG or other valid document (only government docs, like a drivers license)

Theres no voting by mail or stuff like that (I dont think it would work here, because theres no way to guarantee the secrecy of the vote), but voting is always on sundays and its a national holiday

Yeah we'd have a free national ID card here in the US too, except every time it gets proposed all our dumbass evangelicals throw a shitfit about how it's THE MARK OF THE BEEEEAASSST :byodood:

We have to have our identification tied to a commercial transaction with built-in poll tax like God intended

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

yup.

"we must have voting ID!"
"ok, here's a first step, real ID! You have to sign up for it and jump through some hoops, but we're trying to integrate our national ID systems"
"gently caress you liberal jews, you'll never track this patriot. Never take me alive neither"
"ah, I see."

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
In the UK it's the policy that won't flush. It's been rejected multiple times. Rather than lizard/nwo/satan based objections I think most people see it as the last shred of privacy getting ripped away.

The UK being the CCTV Capital of the world already, they even have an automated system of cameras tracking the national highways through number plate and face recognition.

The simple fact is though. It really doesn't matter for securing UK elections. Sure it's very easy to do One Voter Fraud, but the nature of the ballots means that doing 10 frauds is 10x harder and takes 10x longer, you would need hundreds working in a conspiracy. At a certain point it's so labour intensive to try and swing one county vote that it would be discovered easily.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

ReelBigLizard posted:

The simple fact is though. It really doesn't matter for securing UK elections. Sure it's very easy to do One Voter Fraud, but the nature of the ballots means that doing 10 frauds is 10x harder and takes 10x longer, you would need hundreds working in a conspiracy. At a certain point it's so labour intensive to try and swing one county vote that it would be discovered easily.

Exactly. That's why it's usually isolated to the occasional idiot in isolation deciding to have a vote for their dead grandparent or something, and if you keep the electoral rolls up to date even that won't work.

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.

The Grimace posted:

Elon Musk is a gormless grimeless motherfucker

Goddamn :bang:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
im not reading all of those but im guessing he kept going nuts all night long with right wing conspiracy poo poo right?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

lol what the gently caress

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023

elon posted:

elon posted:

Salad but true - Elon
This is so true !! - Elon

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

all those classes sound fine?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I mean he's riffing on the guy's name

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Data Graham posted:

I mean he's riffing on the guy's name

Yeah but the thing he's commenting on isn't even a little bit true.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Data Graham posted:

lol what the gently caress

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah but the thing he's commenting on isn't even a little bit true.

I'm ... aware of that

e: is it not weird that he would do the name thing, particularly on someone he's ostensibly agreeing with. I thought that was weird

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

I certainly wish everyone in these tweets would DIE.

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

here's a link to the new your book review of the elon book

https://pastebin.com/FzvuqXyY

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

archive.is link

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Twitter sure is doing a good job of driving up racial tensions and red pilling people. Well done musk you genius.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Musk ain't reading any books these days. Who's got time for that, what with all the right wing shitposting on the daily agenda.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
I take it that DEI is the new CRT because they got bored of the last initialism and milked all the propaganda value out of it?

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

"can't see how that's different than how you normally act"

:lmao:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Parkingtigers posted:

I take it that DEI is the new CRT because they got bored of the last initialism and milked all the propaganda value out of it?

A bunch of Ivy League Presidents got completely outmaneuvered by Elise loving Stefanik about it so now the right is out for blood

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

kazil posted:

A bunch of Ivy League Presidents got completely outmaneuvered by Elise loving Stefanik about it so now the right is out for blood

What?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
All billionaires suck, but Cuban managed to get Yahoo to pay $5 billion for a streaming radio service that they shut down 3 years later…so at least he came by his money honestly (grifting from people with even more money).

Also if Musk hates DEI so much then why does Tesla push it? He should show some backbone and cancel all DEI efforts at Tesla.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

She kept asking the same dumb question to bunch of Ivy league presidents akin to ''do you condone killing jews'' over and over. I'm guessing the right dog piled the presidents into resigning after this but I could be wrong.

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

Circle Nine posted:

im not reading all of those but im guessing he kept going nuts all night long with right wing conspiracy poo poo right?

Most notable thing is he was so not mad at Mark Cuban that he replied to a 10 year old tweet from Donald Trump dunking on Cuban.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

haha The Benefactor got canceled that Cuban is a real loser…Shark Tank what’s that?

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Well I've reviewed this thread and come to the conclusion that Elon Musk is still an idiot

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

A bunch of leftie accounts just got banned because free speech is real

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Well you could say that twitter.com is a substitute for x.com lol

But anyway

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

oh sorry, it made me post it as private because of naughty words

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I hope the trucks panel gaps let a ton of snow in so meltfreeze cycles can gently caress it up more.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

The Saddest Rhino posted:

A bunch of leftie accounts just got banned because free speech is real

Who were some of the folks who just got banned?

Unrelated - I think it was yesterday that Musk retweeted or replied to a bunch of posts about the media taking a shot at X because it's a major threat to them, and holy poo poo, that could not be the case at all. Between monetization and incentivizing dickheads to post whatever gets them the most engagement, and complete and utter lack of moderation, it feels like the part of Twitter that made it a good news source is fundamentally and irrevocably broken. It's just a misinformation-factory at this point, and it's only going to get better before it gets any worse.

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jan 9, 2024

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Who were some of the folks who just got banned?

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

OTA fix incoming

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Free* speech wins again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
The self licking ice cream cone has an inside scoop