Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

Man, seeing Denji in color really reminds me of how loving painful Chainsaw Man mode must be, it’s something I kinda gloss over in black and white a lot of the times

Yep. Denji casually mentions it a time or two. He feels chainsaws cutting through his flesh just like his targets do whenever he transforms.

Considering one of Denji's first big victories was Eternity choosing to die rather than deal with that pain, I'm going to say that Denji's pain threshold is insane. Then again, everything about him's usually insane.

He let that slide for a bit lately trying to live an ordinary life, but from the end of the last chapter, it looks like he's back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Looks like it's time for denji...to let'er rip!

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Captain Invictus posted:

Looks like it's time for denji...to let'er rip!

IHOPEYOULIKEGUITARSHREDDING

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

chiasaur11 posted:

Yep. Denji casually mentions it a time or two. He feels chainsaws cutting through his flesh just like his targets do whenever he transforms.

Considering one of Denji's first big victories was Eternity choosing to die rather than deal with that pain, I'm going to say that Denji's pain threshold is insane. Then again, everything about him's usually insane.

He let that slide for a bit lately trying to live an ordinary life, but from the end of the last chapter, it looks like he's back.

Denji is a dude who fought devils while dying of plot cancer after selling his eye, kidney and ball. He must have bene in like shockingly constant pain even before he became Chainsaw Man.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Denji is a poor blonde kid who dies over and over again, I strongly suspect his creation was partially inspired by Kenny from South Park the same way Fujimoto has mentioned Power's personality is based on Cartman's.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Denji is a poor blonde kid who dies over and over again, I strongly suspect his creation was partially inspired by Kenny from South Park the same way Fujimoto has mentioned Power's personality is based on Cartman's.

Mumbling is shuffled off onto Pochita Chainsawman

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

does this mean that Aki is Stan and Kyle fused together

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Whirling posted:

does this mean that Aki is Stan and Kyle fused together

AKI: Kick the baby!
TAIYO: Don't kick the baby!
*Aki kicks his brother directly into the Gun Devil's line of fire.*

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
AKI: Oh my god, they killed Denji!
ALSO AKI: You bastards!
POWER: *Eats all the skin off the fried chicken while everyone else fights*

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ImpAtom posted:

TAIYO: Don't kick the baby!
*Aki kicks his brother directly into the Gun Devil's line of fire.*

:allears:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Das Boo posted:

AKI: Oh my god, they killed Denji!
ALSO AKI: You bastards!
POWER: *Eats all the skin off the fried chicken while everyone else fights*

Power would absolutely eat the skin off all the chicken and then call you a fool for being upset

Honestly how did that never actually happen in the manga?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Happy Landfill posted:

Power would absolutely eat the skin off all the chicken and then call you a fool for being upset

Honestly how did that never actually happen in the manga?

It probably happened off camera. We saw enough of her stealing blood and point cards to get the gist.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Also chicken served in various Japanese stores I'm aware of doesn't come with skin except KFC. So that would be a very special Chainsawman Christmas which Power ruins.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Chainsaw Man: Power Ruins Christmas :allears:

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Eventually Power gets them permanently banned because she keeps demanding a duel with the Colonel for his 11 herbs and spices.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

"Give up your secrets, old man! You are no match for the great and terrible Power, ruler of humans!!"

"Power, that's just a statue, that's not actually colonel sanders"

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Happy Landfill posted:

"Give up your secrets, old man! You are no match for the great and terrible Power, ruler of humans!!"

"Power, that's just an actor, he’s not actually colonel sanders"

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Ranzear posted:

Anyway, on discussions of Horsemen and how Death is missing so far: What is the thing that kills concepts in this world? Chainsaw Man. We saw War as a cute little bird thing. What if we've already seen Death as a cute little doggo.

Before the next chapter I'm tripling down on Pochita being or at least being related to or merged with Death in some way. Pochita first shows up when Denji is afraid of death as as child. Pochita brings Denji back from his first death. Pochita foretells the deaths relating to doors. I think it adds up to more than what Makima(?) said about chainsaw man fighting death and other identity stuff.

Or maybe Death has something in common with all the weapon people. We don't know if they have/had cute critter companions too.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ranzear posted:

Before the next chapter I'm tripling down on Pochita being or at least being related to or merged with Death in some way. Pochita first shows up when Denji is afraid of death as as child. Pochita brings Denji back from his first death. Pochita foretells the deaths relating to doors. I think it adds up to more than what Makima(?) said about chainsaw man fighting death and other identity stuff.

Or maybe Death has something in common with all the weapon people. We don't know if they have/had cute critter companions too.

Well even if this doesn't pan out I'm imagining Death with a chainsaw instead of a scythe now and it's pretty sick

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chainsaw-man-chapter-152/chapter/41025?action=read

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1019825

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Well. That escalated quickly

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
o fuk

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It feels real obvious in hindsight now that we should have been worrying more about Denji going off the deep end then Nayuta

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
antagonists trying to revive Chainsaw Man by ruining his life: haha yes this rules

antagonists being literally devoured by Chainsaw Man after destroying most of the tethers he had to a normal life he didn’t want: well this sucks. What the gently caress

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

What in the gently caress did they think was gonna happen. Lol. Lmao even.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Theme song for this chapter

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:smith:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i really like the chapter titles that dont make any sense until the end of the chapter

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
:ohdear:

I’m just realizing that this group of antagonists just did to Denji essentially the opposite thing that Makima did. He had a taste of a normal life except he didn’t really enjoy it because it was filled with responsibilities, then almost everything that was grounding Denji was taken away. Hopefully Nayuta can reach out to Denji and bring him back from this psychotic break.

I also feel like this happened partly because Denji never had an opportunity to deal with his trauma in part one. Immediately after dealing with the loss of pretty much everyone he cared about he was thrust into a parental role and told to be normal and stop being chainsaw man. He was absolutely not living his dream.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

PringleCreamEgg posted:

He had a taste of a normal life except he didn’t really enjoy it because it was filled with responsibilities

I'm actually not really convinced that Denji didn't enjoy his normal life at the start of Part 2. Granted we saw him through Asa's viewpoint and thus may not have seen the whole picture, but he seemed mostly content taking care of Nayuta and going to school while Chainsaw Manning in his free time. It wasn't really until he was forbidden from transforming that we really saw him start to spiral. I think being able to hunt devils as Chainsaw Man is something Denji just really sincerely enjoys and finds fulfilling to do, and taking that away from him really hosed with him. He was basically forbidden from doing his favorite (and probably only) hobby. He's obviously not handling the loss of that hobby very well, but I think it's okay to cut the poor kid some slack considering his life up til now.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Robviously posted:

Best case scenario is he falls into despair and ruins away with Nayuta, worst case scenario is what we're seeing now. This did not turn out like they planned.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
drat denji you scarin the children

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
The art was a little hard to parse for me, and while I don't think it was intended, it really helps sell how hosed up Denji's psyche probably is :smith:

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I don't think Denji hated his normal life, it's that it came at the complete and utter sacrifice of the other half of who he is. He clearly loves Nayuta, Meowy and the dogs and derives genuine joy from providing for them, but also... my boy's gotta chainsaw.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Robviously posted:

Every hybrid in the employ of Chainsawman church seems to have basically no idea about what is really happening, or what are the consequences (both to them and to everyone else) of what they are being ordered to do, outside of perhaps Flamethrower Man. It's the big irony with them - despite being freed from Makima's control, they are still just a bunch of unknowing disposable pawns for someone else.

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jan 9, 2024

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Curious to see Nayuta's reaction to all this. I think she was under the impression she was still running the show.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Shinjobi posted:

Curious to see Nayuta's reaction to all this. I think she was under the impression she was still running the show.

Even if she wasn't the Control Devil, she's still a kid, of course she thought she was in control.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
The way Denji fights is insane. He has no regard for his own body or personal safety; he's literally slicing himself in two to take down his opponents. The hybrids are starting to realize they're in way over their heads, this dude is completely nuts. Kishibe was spot on in his analysis

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

yum posted:

The way Denji fights is insane. He has no regard for his own body or personal safety; he's literally slicing himself in two to take down his opponents. The hybrids are starting to realize they're in way over their heads, this dude is completely nuts. Kishibe was spot on in his analysis

Quanxi showed us that the fights from here on out are going to be crazy

as for the overall direction. I think the hybrids are being thrown out as fodder to power up Denji. we haven't chatted with Fami in a while

I R SMART LIKE ROCK fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jan 9, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

antagonists trying to revive Chainsaw Man by ruining his life: haha yes this rules

antagonists being literally devoured by Chainsaw Man after destroying most of the tethers he had to a normal life he didn’t want: well this sucks. What the gently caress

"Oh noes, how could we possibly have anticipated that this would be the consequences of our actions?"