Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I hope Bryan coups him so we get both good aew and also fully unleashed tony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

lolling at aew having an anti-posting disciplinary committee for the wrestlers when the boss is like this

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Tony Khan’s tweets that ether carnies like Bischoff and Cornette: good

Tony Khan’s tweets that throw shade at what a scumbag Vince McMahon is: great (until he hired Flair…)

Tony Khan’s tweets that complain about the hypocrisy of dumb wrestling fans for pointing out liking something in WWE then not liking it in AEW and inadvertently burying a wrestler who did nothing to him: dumb and sad and stupid

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

fart blood posted:

Tony Khan’s tweets that ether carnies like Bischoff and Cornette: good

Tony Khan’s tweets that throw shade at what a scumbag Vince McMahon is: great (until he hired Flair…)

Tony Khan’s tweets that complain about the hypocrisy of dumb wrestling fans for pointing out liking something in WWE then not liking it in AEW and inadvertently burying a wrestler who did nothing to him: dumb and sad and stupid

alright thanks I’m glad we got that sorted

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

equating the wrestlers tweeting about w/e bullshit in the locker room drama to the boss making fun of fed fans. thinking the tweets were burying jinder. say it aint so

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

everyone in the world for 10 years: jinder mahal is awful, he's a complete loving joke
the big man tony khan: jinder hasn't won any matches in a year
Where is the decorum???

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Nobody cares about decorum, if TK wants to appear like he's extremely Gotten At by fed stans, that's his business

I mean, it makes him (and by extension AEW) look rather bush league and second rate, but apparently that's what people want, so who am I to judge :shrug:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

yea ok posted:

everyone in the world for 10 years: jinder mahal is awful, he's a complete loving joke
the big man tony khan: jinder hasn't won any matches in a year
Where is the decorum???

lol that's a good point. We were all happy to talk our poo poo about Jinder for a decade on here and on twitter. But Tony's not allowed?

I'll be honest I like Tony because he doesn't act like a professional billionaire. I like him because he's a poster with the money and work ethic to run a national wrestling league.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

he can do whatever he wants it's just not that smart to be picking fights with the twitter account of a tv network for no reason

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Shard posted:

I'll be honest I like Tony because he doesn't act like a professional billionaire. I like him because he's a poster with the money and work ethic to run a national wrestling league.

Given how some of the wealthiest and most powerful men tend to act on social media these days, I submit that TK is in fact just like a professional billionaire in that regard. It doesn't make it any less embarrassing for him, of course

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

why

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Thanks all for standing up for wwe

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Actually it's pretty smart, you're pretty dumb for thinking it isn't

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

it's really embarrassing to tweet 4 times, because ... ur rich? lol

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Tony going to have to go all hat in hand to the USA Network execs for a timeslot, after Zaslav shivs AEW and replaces it on his networks with WWE programming

yea ok posted:

it's really embarrassing to tweet 4 times, because ... ur rich? lol

It's embarrassing to tweet 4 times when you're poor; tweeting 4 times instead of following the flights of your wildest imaginings should cause someone to just keel right over from shame

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jan 10, 2024

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Dude.. You run a freaking company. Lmfao

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Tony going to have to go all hat in hand to the USA Network execs for a timeslot, after Zaslav shivs AEW and replaces it on his networks with WWE programming

I predict that AEW gets renewed and stays on turner networks.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

USA Exec who for sure knows what their social media intern rat is doing: Tony bro, we were gonna give you a show on our failing network. But you tweeted at our twitter and that is just a bridge too far. The last guy we had ran a sex ring and whored women out to his executive pals, and presided over a workplace of rape and violence. Could you knock off the tweets? It's just not SMART!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

hindering jinder gets every tv deal cancelled. It's why Friends isn't on anymore

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

yea ok posted:

USA Exec who for sure knows what their social media intern rat is doing: Tony bro, we were gonna give you a show on our failing network. But you tweeted at our twitter and that is just a bridge too far. The last guy we had ran a sex ring and whored women out to his executive pals, and presided over a workplace of rape and violence. Could you knock off the tweets? It's just not SMART!

You sure don't like people making fun of a nerdy billionaire :thunk:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

🤪

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Shard posted:

lol that's a good point. We were all happy to talk our poo poo about Jinder for a decade on here and on twitter. But Tony's not allowed?

being the billionaire owner of a company in that field means he probably shouldn't be publicly talking poo poo about wrestlers, so maybe not "not allowed" but more "loving lovely"

of course he didn't really talk poo poo about Jinder so seems like he understands the rules p well

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

if its funny then who cares

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

if its funny then who cares

probably the actual human beings involved

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

His biggest crime is getting Jinder over and also being the cool sleek train compared to all of you, the lovely broken down trains

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Sydney Bottocks posted:

You sure don't like people making fun of a nerdy billionaire :thunk:

is that what you see happening here

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
This is all mega cringe lads and not in the fun Peep Show or Michael Scott way.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
The only problem with Tony's tweeting is I wish his bastard man posting energy was reflected more in the shows which, while often having great wrestling, have the vibe and edginess of warm milk.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i demand blood again

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

what is this bullshit bloodless fighting let mox open himself up

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Jonathan Coachman on Bubba Ray's podcast EVISCERATES Tony, REMOVES his tv slots:

da coach posted:

It's funny. We also used to get amused at fans who counted wins like wrestlers “earned” them. Hell if Vince wanted I could have been world champion. But the storyline didn’t support it. It’s about the story clearly not wins in a predetermined space. Thought a boss would understand that.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Shadow realm combo breaker by bubba

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

not like they couldent have lost more millions of views in this time period

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Tony should start booking long promo time to read his posts on air like a real booker

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

yea ok posted:

Dude.. You run a freaking company. Lmfao

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

is that what you see happening here

No, I see a lot of good-natured ribbing and playful tweaking of noses among posting pals :)

Also how do these rose-colored glasses look on me

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

Jonathan Coachman on Bubba Ray's podcast EVISCERATES Tony, REMOVES his tv slots:

lol sure coach - because every time someone with a ton of losses and who has been booked as a loser is made champ, business just goes through the roof

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sydney Bottocks posted:

No, I see a lot of good-natured ribbing and playful tweaking of noses among posting pals :)

Also how do these rose-colored glasses look on me

like poo poo. *is wearing poo poo colored glasses*

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
I'm not mad, you're mad :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Tony tweeting is funny, either because he owns some idiot or because he makes himself look like a doofus. or both!

Tony cannot embarrass me because he does not represent me in any way, hes not my son, why the hell would i feel embarrassed??