Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

this is the face of a man trying to figure out if he just poo poo his pants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

I'm taking so much psychic damage

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Freaquency posted:

Jason Whitlock is the piece of poo poo who went all-in on far-right BS, correct?

If so :lol::sickos:

it's WAY more than that.

Jason Whitlock was Trump before Trump. He calls out black athletes for looking "hood" and other horrifying poo poo like blasting BLM or lambasting Simone Biles and Gabby Douglas for made up poo poo all to grift fat white racists in the midwest.

He went to Fox and they couldn't even handle how flagrant he was so they kicked him off the lot and then he went rogue ala Trump and Truth Social to continue to say Uncle Tom poo poo to get redneck clicks.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

It floors me that everyone is shocked a 72 year old man is retiring from a job. Like, he didn't work a menial office job where he can't afford to retire. How is this shocking?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Braksgirl posted:

It floors me that everyone is shocked a 72 year old man is retiring from a job. Like, he didn't work a menial office job where he can't afford to retire. How is this shocking?

but 'ave yall considered ROLLL TIDE???

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
We expected Pete to have to be carried off the field stone dead to be his retirement plan

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

kiimo posted:

but 'ave yall considered ROLLL TIDE???

I have considered the option but must disrespectfully decline as it is very stupid. Hard pass.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Alabama announces new head coach Brian Ferentz

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Bama should hire Lane Kiffin

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Bama hasn’t had a coaching search in the modern social media environment so this has potential to get really hilarious, really quickly.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

LeeMajors posted:

Bama hasn’t had a coaching search in the modern social media environment so this has potential to get really hilarious, really quickly.

Ooohhh, was plane tracking even a thing when Saban got hired? I feel like he just squeaked in before that became main stream.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

Ooohhh, was plane tracking even a thing when Saban got hired? I feel like he just squeaked in before that became main stream.

It was, but rudimentary and limited to homer message boards.

Now that I’ve mentioned it though, there will be a drama-free successor named.

But I’m hoping it gets appropriately buckwild

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Saban should have had the decency to coach until a massive coaching scandal hit Bama and he could just die before he faced any consequences.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Saban will take the Michigan job that Jim Harbaugh vacates in his pursuit to coach the New England Patriots Los Angeles Chargers Washington Commanders Atlanta FalconsTennessee Titans.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Stephen A absolutely went off on Jason Whitlock. Not like in his usual bombastic showman way. I mean in a deeply serious not one ounce of humor way. It’s something. He’s also 100% right.

https://twitter.com/shannonsharpeee/status/1745263135643357688

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'll watch the entire video tomorrow at work as my MacBook Air is in the shop for a data migration to my new MacBook Pro.

At 2x speed tho.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

How long should I deep fry boneless chicken thighs for?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Stephen A absolutely went off on Jason Whitlock. Not like in his usual bombastic showman way. I mean in a deeply serious not one ounce of humor way. It’s something. He’s also 100% right.

https://twitter.com/shannonsharpeee/status/1745263135643357688

I thought he'd at least get into specifics of why Whitlock is a piece of poo poo.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Air Skwirl posted:

I thought he'd at least get into specifics of why Whitlock is a piece of poo poo.

I mean, he talks about being a sellout Uncle Tom who panders to white people in an effort to sell out the black community and ran “Black Grantland” into the ground, runs off a list of media figures both on air and off who despise Whitlock and won’t work for him, calls out Whitlock for first trying to hire him and then trashing him in the press, and that’s just the little bit I sat through, seemed pretty detailed to me! But also he smoothly incorporates a plug for his book without missing a beat or lowering his volume, it’s quite a show.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Thaddius the Large posted:

I mean, he talks about being a sellout Uncle Tom who panders to white people in an effort to sell out the black community and ran “Black Grantland” into the ground, runs off a list of media figures both on air and off who despise Whitlock and won’t work for him, calls out Whitlock for first trying to hire him and then trashing him in the press, and that’s just the little bit I sat through, seemed pretty detailed to me! But also he smoothly incorporates a plug for his book without missing a beat or lowering his volume, it’s quite a show.

I meant in the three minute thing, is there a link to the full piece? because I want to hear it.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Air Skwirl posted:

I meant in the three minute thing, is there a link to the full piece? because I want to hear it.

https://twitter.com/stephenasmith/status/1745249154224324641?t=fEPqCZdPeoldWUqasT-DxA&s=19

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Oh my god, it's a loving hour, I thought it'd be 20 minutes or so.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Air Skwirl posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CZuNuchnqk
e:f,b… mainly because I was trying to look up an answer to this:

a neat cape posted:

IIRC if your oil is at 375°F it shouldn't take more than 5 minutes. A probe/instant read thermometer should verify.

Android Apocalypse fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jan 11, 2024

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

I watched it.

He gets specific, but doesn't get stuck on details he doesn't have. He has names dates places and he does not find this funny.

It's not really worth your time if you already know Whitlock's a piece of poo poo.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Forrest on Fire posted:

I watched it.

He gets specific, but doesn't get stuck on details he doesn't have. He has names dates places and he does not find this funny.

It's not really worth your time if you already know Whitlock's a piece of poo poo.

I don't know much about him except for the poo poo talking in this thread itself and a quick google. And from that google I can't quite tell if Whitlock accused Smith of lying in his memoir or accused him of using a ghost writer and lying about that or both? Either is enough to get pissed about. SAS has been a professional writer for long enough it's easy to believe he wrote his own memoir and would acknowledge a co-writer at least if he did use a ghost writer, and he's been a journalist or journalist adjacent long enough that he knows how much poo poo would rain down on him if something he claims in his memoir was proven to be false.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Whitlock lies all the time, said Stephen A is an industry plant who didn't write his autobiography on someone else's podcast.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Forrest on Fire posted:

Whitlock lies all the time, said Stephen A is an industry plant who didn't write his autobiography on someone else's podcast.

Got to the part where he's talking about Whitlock (first 15 minutes were about the Aaron Rodgers/Jimmy Kimmel thing) and seems like Whitlock both accused him of lying in the memoir and lying about writing it himself. Again, both are insane accusations to make without proof against someone who has been professional journalist/commentator for literal decades.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Whitlock is slime and it was nice to hear both of the SASes say so at length.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

a neat cape posted:

5 mins or so depending on thickness.

I have an ink bird instant read that takes the guess work out. Worth the investment tbh. Makes cooking other more delicate things like chicken titty and pork chops etc easier too.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

a neat cape posted:

You should broil them for 6 minutes on each side, but if that isn't possible then 5ish minutes if the oil is the right temp the entire time.

e: Beaten like the eggwash you're dipping them in for frying

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Air Skwirl posted:

I don't know much about him except for the poo poo talking in this thread itself and a quick google.

I know more about Whitlock than I want to and he wasn't always insane. Off, but funny and you could sit with his bullshit. But he sure as hell went full grifter at some point.

Darkly amusingly to his detriment because he could be writing his bullshit for Fox or whoever if he just toned it down a little bit, at least he'd still be getting paid then. Now he's writing for 'who?'

e: I didn't watch the SAS thing but I feel like I've been Whitlocked out. I've done my time briefly enjoying his barber roasting Tim Tebow and then watching everything that came after that.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jan 11, 2024

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

I know more about Whitlock than I want to and he wasn't always insane. Off, but funny and you could sit with his bullshit. But he sure as hell went full grifter at some point.

Darkly amusingly to his detriment because he could be writing his bullshit for Fox or whoever if he just toned it down a little bit, at least he'd still be getting paid then. Now he's writing for 'who?'

He's on Blaze, like I think Fox Sports isn't as right wing as Fox News, but they aren't some sort of SJW blue haired sports network. I think I've heard of Blaze before, but I have no idea how you watch it.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Whitlock is slime and it was nice to hear both of the SASes say so at length.

Didn't know the Special Air Service has beef with Whitlock

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The Blaze is Glenn Beck's network

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Last night The Dark Knight was on TV & tonight it's Mad Max: Fury Road.

Remembering seeing these in the theater and being all :aaa:.

Speaking if Mad Max, I'm cautiously optimistic for Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga later this year around Memorial Day weekend.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

Speaking if Mad Max, I'm cautiously optimistic for Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga later this year around Memorial Day weekend.

Has George Miller made a bad movie? Like, probably the worst is Thunderdome and even that is just 'Not as good as Road Warrior' which is a test a lot of good movies fail.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Three Thousand Years of Longing was panned but I haven't seen it.

Weirdly enough I saw Babe in the theaters but completely missed Babe: Pig in the City.

I should rectify that.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Perils of piracy, I wanted to download the Disney+ show Echo about the deaf ninja and accidently downloaded a show called Echoes about a woman who's identical twin disappears suddenly and she pretends to be the twin to try and figure out what happened. The first episode isn't bad if that concept is intriguing to you, but I kept wondering when the deaf ninja was going to show up.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Three Thousand Years of Longing was panned but I haven't seen it.

Weirdly enough I saw Babe in the theaters but completely missed Babe: Pig in the City.

I should rectify that.

I loving loved TTYoL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

i still remember when i watched mad max fury road with my gf at the time. It was amazing. TDK I saw 8 times. Imax was the best way to see it