Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

You too? Yeah I've watched a bunch, usually starring either John Saxon, Henry Silva, or Maurizio Merli.

Maurizio Merli is THE MAN when it comes to Italian crime drama movies, as far as I'm concerned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

You too? Yeah I've watched a bunch, usually starring either John Saxon, Henry Silva, or Maurizio Merli.

Have you seen the Eurocrime! documentary? It’s pretty good (not nearly as good as the Cannon documentary, but what could be?), but you learn about the 1970s Italian film industry. You may have even suggested it earlier in the thread

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Have you seen the Eurocrime! documentary? It’s pretty good (not nearly as good as the Cannon documentary, but what could be?), but you learn about the 1970s Italian film industry. You may have even suggested it earlier in the thread

I know I've definitely recommended it, if you have even a passing interest in mainstream Italian movies (regardless of genre) from the 1950s to the 1980s, it's well worth a watch.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That's funny, I was just watching this Bad Movie Bible video essay on eurospy (well everywhere spy)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9ELJS9emDg

Looooots of MST3K movies show up on these lists

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

Dawgstar posted:

Warrior of the Lost World!

There's about eight different movies being shot here!

That's not how you spell 'perimeter.'

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

So apparently "Yipes Stripes" is a reference to the mascot for Fruit Stripe gum? It went out of production today.

https://twitter.com/people/status/1745183774055260380?t=8cGLx6vsgPKGd5zmKN-8hA&s=19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udC_X3aaLDc

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That song is about how vertical stripes make you look skinnier

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Fruit Stripe was always that kind of cheap gum that had a decent taste but said taste lasts like 10 seconds after you start chewing it

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

zoux posted:

That song is about how vertical stripes make you look skinnier

IIRC, there's a verse about "crook" who's a "schnook", that ends with "What's he wearin' now", before they start shouting about "yipe stripes" again (which I'm guessing "yipe stripes" are basically prison stripes)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sydney Bottocks posted:

IIRC, there's a verse about "crook" who's a "schnook", that ends with "What's he wearin' now", before they start shouting about "yipe stripes" again (which I'm guessing "yipe stripes" are basically prison stripes)

Oh, Mama told me not to come!

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
it's the ONLY song!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The minor key leitmotif lol

*gravely* “Yipes Stripes”

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Would you give me my diaphragm?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Hey, hand out my shovies please!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

zoux posted:

The minor key leitmotif lol

*gravely* “Yipes Stripes”

Tequila

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

It wasn't me who was murdered, was it? :ohdear:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I wanna chicken salad sandwich and I want to eat in peace!

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Now is this a teenager who strangles, or a person who strangles teenagers?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
...Did America really need to be sold on the automotive industry at this point?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The Sinister Urge is an underrated gem, and I have no idea what MSTies in general think of it.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
why did you hire me if you hate me so???

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

'God is dead?' GOOD!!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Creeper Creeper Creeper YOU GIVE ME THE CREEPS!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

The Sinister Urge is an underrated gem, and I have no idea what MSTies in general think of it.

Several years ago, after I showed a friend Space Mutiny to get him into the show, I then fired up The Sinister Urge. Despite him being someone who doesn't like black and white movies for the most part, he was cracking up at most of the riffs like he did during Space Mutiny.

"So they put her in more clothes than she's ever had on in her life!" :argh:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

One of my favorites.

The ducks were in on it

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I'm just gonna ask. IS THIS A JUNIPER BUSH?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

The detective guy was actually correct when he said that the smut picture racket was connected to many of the major crimes in the city because they were using it as a way to take down the loving mob, except he never actually says it.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Edward CDplayerhand.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

"Look, just because that mine went off in your helmet..."

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!
A perverted world where the spaz's make fun of the cool guys.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

SolarFire2 posted:

A perverted world where the spaz's make fun of the cool guys.

"The Microsoft board meeting goes horribly wrong!"

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

I’m gonna drink the hell out of this Coke.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

"That's probably someone who did something, let's git 'im!"

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

He’s Deezening!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

That sequence where Laserblast guy blows up Eddie and Froggy is still some of the best stuff MST3K have done. Just pure gold riffs throughout.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Perfectly good arm remover

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Laserblast demands a prequel.

How did the Laserblaster get to Earth? What is the turtle aliens relationship to it? What was Project Sanddust? What is the deal with Tan Man with Wallet? Who were the guys in the Cessna?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sash! posted:

How did the Laserblaster get to Earth? What is the turtle aliens relationship to it? What was Project Sanddust? What is the deal with Tan Man with Wallet? Who were the guys in the Cessna?

Were they ready for some football?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Sash! posted:

gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

It's just a sign that says "Star Wars"