Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Oxxidation posted:

the new anime opening is loving incredible but i wonder why that one-second shot of Morgans goes so hard, it's the kind of shot you'd give to the sinister mastermind behind the entire story

not to say my boy doesn't deserve it

Morgans is going to have a huge part to play going forward. Imu specifically pointed out that they want Vivi, Wapol witnessed the murder and Morgans already beat the poo poo out of a Cipher Pol agent. I'm excited to see who else gets with that group.

RuBisCO posted:

Off the top of my head, probably could have cut out anything with the Numbers. The ice Oni stuff did give Chopper his singular moment in Wano (which was good) but I think could have been truncated a bit because it felt like forever. The loving... Enemy group of ninja whatever they were called were all a waste of space (even if the final fight between Raizo and Big Forehead was good). Hawkins, Apoo, and Drake all kinda felt just there to check them off a worst generation involvement list.

I've been watching through the anime while I work and have noticed that all of Big Mom's extra children and the Wano ninjas were put there to have more scenes to pad out the episodes. (I honestly enjoyed having them all in the anime to mix it up more).

Chopper actually gets two big moments to cure Queen's diseases. There is the weird mummy disease at the prison when Queen leaves with Big Mom as well.

I also love all these Arrested Development memes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I love the reveal Morgans can throwdown if push comes to shove.

And the shot of him in the OP does indeed go hard. The pose he's doing while deftly covering up Vivi and Wapol is sick.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

Electric Phantasm posted:

I love the reveal Morgans can throwdown if push comes to shove.

And the shot of him in the OP does indeed go hard. The pose he's doing while deftly covering up Vivi and Wapol is sick.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

:hai:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i wonder why the faulty smile fruit eaters werent cured. seems very deliberate. marco, law and chopper were there. probably not narratively important, but maybe thematically…..maybe implying the laughing condition by nature isn’t very disruptive under momo’s rule? doesnt quite fit though

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

i wonder why the faulty smile fruit eaters werent cured. seems very deliberate. marco, law and chopper were there. probably not narratively important, but maybe thematically…..maybe implying the laughing condition by nature isn’t very disruptive under momo’s rule? doesnt quite fit though
It’s a land that’s still badly scarred from Kaido’s rule and the last chunk of Momo’s story is probably gonna centre on how he leads them to a new future. Recovering from the Smile epidemic is a big part of that. Also curing an incurable illness would be a great way for Chopper to prove he’s a doctor with a medicine that can cure anything.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Yeah the SMILE fruit cure is epilogue poo poo, imo. Chopper is gonna cure them and the gigantified druggie children

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

imo you can think of smile side effects less as a symptom of disease, more as the power of a really crappy devil fruit. To cure them, Marco, Law, and Chopper would need to be able to remove devil fruit powers from people, and that's something only Blackbeard can do (and only after killing them so that's not gonna help smile victims either)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

how much cocaine is big news morgan on

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yes

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

Augus posted:

how much cocaine is big news morgan on

Cocaine is just distilled Morgan. He ate the coke coke fruit

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

i love how i edited this image like 6 years ago or something and i still see it all the fuckin time

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

I want a Small News Morgans, for when there's breaking news but not like, super breaking news.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Small News Morgans is what happens when he leaves Third Gear.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Human-Interest Morgans

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Listicle Morgans

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

All of these Arrested D. Velopment posts are top notch. Each one made me sensibly chuckle.

Jimbone Tallshanks fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Jan 12, 2024

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

:captainpop:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

jesus christ lol

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

One Piece Manga Thread:

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Arrested D. Velopment

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Bisse posted:

One Piece Manga Thread:

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Arrested D. Velopment

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Now this is some quality break posting.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

the best one yet

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I hope morgans is like, extremely strong. Like King or Katakuri level at least. Dude leads his own independent faction, technically, so he's gotta be able to protect his people from things stronger than random Cipher Pol goons

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
He seems to protect himself by being careful. Even the WG seemed to think of him as net an asset until recently. Though it looks like theres a lot going on with him in general.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jan 12, 2024

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

I mean, I assume if a character is in were-albatross form at all times that they may be in some way concealing their human form. not that it's going to be plot relevant, just that I always thought the "always part-bird" detail suggested someone who didn't want to be identified for some (likely piracy-related) reason.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Valentin posted:

I mean, I assume if a character is in were-albatross form at all times that they may be in some way concealing their human form. not that it's going to be plot relevant, just that I always thought the "always part-bird" detail suggested someone who didn't want to be identified for some (likely piracy-related) reason.

i think hes a bird. his employees who deliver newspapers are also birds

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
chapter

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

i wanna see that punch land so badly

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

jsoh posted:

i think hes a bird. his employees who deliver newspapers are also birds

No, he's just a regular newspaper magnate who ate the bird bird fruit, model: albatross. Apparently this was confirmed in an official youtube video about zoan fruits: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU20VTVo8ak

I assumed it was an SBS... this does feel like something that could get walked back later.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

i wish chopper used horn point more instead of kung-fu and monster point. it's such a fun design and it popped up, what, one time?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Valentin posted:

IIRC the Kuma flashback established he's been around since God Valley which took out a lot of those theories

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
i think he just stays as a bird because it's good for the brand

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Imu, or...

Emu??? :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

Scholtz posted:

Imu, or...

Emu??? :tinfoil:

Sizable if verifiable :tinfoil:
Maybe the real void century coverup was Australia losing the emu war??

I can't remember how the schedule works out with weird holiday intermissions, is this the week where we might get a scan but no official release?