Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

insane anime posted:

When silent bone speaks 0_O

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

insane anime posted:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Rewatching Howl's Moving Castle which I really didn't like first time I watched. I'm enjoying it but I still loving hate Howl lol, in the book he's just a massive weirdo and in the film he's an epic cool shonen guy voiced by Christian Bale (please do not mock me for subs not dubs I literally can't see out of 1.5 eyes ATM)

Speaking of not being able to see I'm posting in the right thread now so leave me alone. I can't see

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

insane anime posted:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

insane anime posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Rewatching Howl's Moving Castle which I really didn't like first time I watched. I'm enjoying it but I still loving hate Howl lol, in the book he's just a massive weirdo and in the film he's an epic cool shonen guy voiced by Christian Bale (please do not mock me for subs not dubs I literally can't see out of 1.5 eyes ATM)

Speaking of not being able to see I'm posting in the right thread now so leave me alone. I can't see

This is the N64 thread bro.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

euroshopper posted:

its loving awesome how i can post extremely banal poo poo on the anime forum and because you're an IK you lose it. almost like there's an exclusionary culture for posters who haven't joined two decades ago

guys will be like "oh ur just seeking negative attention" but will not stop screaming like toddlers whenever i loving make a post that aren't even jokes half of the time. sa is epic

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

euroshopper posted:

its loving awesome how i can post extremely banal poo poo on the anime forum and because you're an IK you lose it. almost like there's an exclusionary culture for posters who haven't joined two decades ago

guys will be like "oh ur just seeking negative attention" but will not stop screaming like toddlers whenever i loving make a post that aren't even jokes half of the time. sa is epic

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

oh man lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

glad your eyes are getting better

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Bicyclops posted:

hey! ...lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Bicyclops posted:

lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I never got the impression he's an epic cool guy though, he's self absorbed and vain and pretty much ignores calcifer's warning about transforming too often

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

book howl>>>>>>>>>>>>>

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

que sera sera posted:

book howl>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Got bit by a werebook

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

herculon posted:

Got bit by a werebook

Lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
going to watch dollman tonight... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y0WzayKjk8

----------------

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

badass...

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
full moon features and their direct to blockbuster video rear end movies ftw

----------------

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fargield posted:

Attn berserkheads: The 1997 series is finally coming to blu ray in march
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Berserk-The-Complete-1997-TV-Series-Blu-ray/205990/

berserk 97 is peak, its about time that its anywhere besides parked on youtube lol

----------------

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

it's crazy it was out of print for so long, it's not like an unknown series or anything and they're in the middle of putting out those awesome deluxe books

Still holding out hope discotek gets the two other seasons of ippo and gives Monster a proper release, it's completely loving shameful how viz botched that when they put it out

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
90's anime ftw

----------------

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

speaking of non-miyazaki ghibli films, when marnie was there is a great one about traveling through time to have a lesbian relationship with your grandma

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Social Media posted:

speaking of non-miyazaki ghibli films, when marnie was there is a great one about traveling through time to have a lesbian relationship with your grandma

oh word?

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Social Media posted:

It’s my second favorite Ghibli after Totoro. However I would describe it differently,

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

uhhhh that's not how I interpreted it

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol

----------------

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jan 13, 2024

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

bees x1000 posted:

uhhhh that's not how I interpreted it

well you've got the wrong read on marnie then pal

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Social Media posted:

have you ever read the book op

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
put in my bluray for dollman and it opens to charles band begging me to subscribe to the fullmoon streaming service, he's standing next to a stripper, he says the stripper is there so people will pay attention to him

----------------

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

full moon ftw

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
watched pluto on netflix. didnt love it. the story was like a dumber watchmen with even more and worse social commentary and the only good characters were gesicht and dr tenma. probably a lot better if youre even slightly familiar with astroboy. animation was really good though

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

watched totoro for the first time last night. brutally and insanely cute movie. ghibli ftw

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Arch Nemesis posted:

watched totoro for the first time last night. brutally and insanely cute movie. ghibli ftw

My daughters had a sleepover this weekend and the kids made me hook up the dust covered blu ray player so they could watch this. Perfect movie.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Arch Nemesis posted:

brutally and insanely cute
lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

My daughter loves totoro and Kiki's Delivery Service. Sometimes she has me pick her up as she rides a small toy broom and wants me to carry and spin her around "like kiki"

Kids movies that are actually good and don't make me want to die ftw

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Totoro was one of the last Ghibli movies I watched because from all the pop culture exposure I had to it I’d gotten the impression that it was like a big sweeping adventure with wacky animal friends like a Disney movie or something and it didn’t appeal to me despite being their most famous movie and loving every other movie I’ve seen of theirs. But when I finally bit the bullet and watched it and it turned out to be just this small, cute little movie focused around the two sisters and only occasionally intersecting with the spirits it ended up being my favorite Ghibli, and one of my favorite movies period. One of those movies I’d love to remove from my brain and watch for the first time again.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I watched it again last year in a theater and it was delightful to revisit. Listened to the soundtrack for like a month after ftw.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

It may well be the greatest movie of all time

I watched Night of the Hunter last night. Extremely cool and kind of bizarre movie from the 50s, beautifully shot. Great villain role for Robert Mitchum

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Good soup! posted:

My daughter loves totoro and Kiki's Delivery Service. Sometimes she has me pick her up as she rides a small toy broom and wants me to carry and spin her around "like kiki"

Kids movies that are actually good and don't make me want to die ftw

usually my daughter will watch a show or movie exclusively for two weeks and then not talk about it ever again but kiki was the opposite, where we watched it twice a few years apart but she brings it up all the time

we tried to watch howl's after that but the whole conceit of sophie getting really old freaked her out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

P-Mack posted:

My daughters had a sleepover this weekend and the kids made me hook up the dust covered blu ray player so they could watch this. Perfect movie.

It has a name: The Playstation 5.