Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Fabricated posted:

The thing about about Takaba is that he could accidentally will himself dead that way.

Yeah, but then he just has to weekend at Bernie's for a bit and he'll be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Ytlaya posted:

The one thing I can say about this debate about the fight against Mahito is this - I would have won the fight if it were me instead of Nobara. This doesn't mean Nobara is weak, though - I am just very skilled and powerful.

Can’t manipulate my soul if I don’t have one

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
We are the exception

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Fabricated posted:

The thing about about Takaba is that he could accidentally will himself dead that way.

Yeah but he'd be back when it was funny to come back.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Takaba would think it'd be funny to derail all the buddhist esotericism the story is built around by becoming a christ allegory and shoehorning in a bunch of mixmatched tropes

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I do hope that for the upcoming JJK game, there's really awkward dialogue if Nobara and Mahito are put on the same team.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

https://i.imgur.com/F9ND57m.mp4

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

This scene makes me cringe because it would hurt a whole lot to slap the stump of your just-cut-off hand.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Gologle posted:

As the King of Solomon fought the poster Asuron, he began to open his domain. Asuron shrunk back in fear "stand proud, you are Something Awful"

Throughout GBS and ADTRW , I alone am the honored goon

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Starving for a new chapter, ain't you all?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Char posted:

Starving for a new chapter, ain't you all?

Yeah it's gonna be cool

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Yeah we're all gonna hate it

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Nah I'd win

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
"Nah, I'd win" is going to probably be the thing that keeps this manga in the popular conscious forever, lol

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Add it to the list with "The Heart" and "Oh, My rubber Nen" as a quote that will live on rent free in anime forever.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Gologle posted:

As the King of Solomon fought the poster Asuron, he began to open his domain. Asuron shrunk back in fear "stand proud, you are Something Awful"

What was that domain called again - Well of Piss?

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

This scene makes me cringe because it would hurt a whole lot to slap the stump of your just-cut-off hand.

That's what makes it such a good feint/bluff. My man is totally committed, and I think you can read that scene as if he still thought he could do it based on the clear disappointment he shows when it didn't go off.

A sorcerer is only as good as the lies they can tell, and Todo was top tier until the end.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

if anyone is insane enough to slap a stump of a cut-off hand, it's a jujutsu sorcerer.

it's a really fun world-building thing that all sorcerers are insane in their own way. A bit like most Hunters being lunatics too

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Demon Hunter Hashira, too. There really seems to be something in the current cultural zeitgeist about that. The whole Gaze Into the Abyss thing and whatnot.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Chainsaw Man gas Kishibe saying that only the crazy demon hunters last long, too.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Demon Hunter Hashira, too. There really seems to be something in the current cultural zeitgeist about that. The whole Gaze Into the Abyss thing and whatnot.

I mean I'm not so much it's a current cultural zeitgeist thing as just how things have been for a while. "The only people who genuinely enjoy fighting are probably kind of hosed up in some fashion" has been a party of anime and manga for ages, be it Dragonball Z style "Goku is a fight elemental who does stupid poo poo in the interests of cool fights" or Getter Robo "You probably need to be a psychopath to survive this."

If you decide to analyze a shonen fightworld past a certain point you sort of have to end up with the insane folks being the ones to rise to the top because you need an absolutely crazy level of dedication and willingness to wreck yourself to even begin to keep up. It's why Kuwabara is the smartest shonen character ever because when his friends were all ready to go fight in another dimension he decided he'd rather go and get an education and was happier for it.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Yeah but most of the time that's subtext or fan interpretation, and not necessarily an original theme or intent of the creator. For all the fan in-jokes about Goku, I guarantee most fans are just in it for the punchin', not for meditations on the futility and self-destruction of violence.

You're right though that's it's not so much 'something in the air' but rather creators deliberately taking that fan-interpreted subtext and making it text. The consciousness of it, and the willingness to take it further, is what makes it seem somewhat new, and it just seems more prevalent.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I saw someone saying that the latest volume release of JJK has a retcon where Geto adds a new Culling Game rule. Anyone know if that is accurate

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Do you know what it is?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I saw someone saying that the latest volume release of JJK has a retcon where Geto adds a new Culling Game rule. Anyone know if that is accurate

I can't believe geto is back from the dead

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ImpAtom posted:

This thing?

https://twitter.com/JordanSenpaii/status/1742596552298791097

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
My brain can't parse the significance of that rule anyways. But I bet it will piss people off.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

It's essentially just Gege realizing after first publication that it didn't make sense for Uraume not to be included.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, that looks right.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
it's actually more in character for kenjaku to leave uraume out

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I just now realized that stipulation calls for Geto and not Kenjaku.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Actually they have the choice of letting the culling game spread or breaking down tengens barriers.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I can’t wait to see the thread get mad at the new chapter. Some buzz about it being shocking or whatever on various social medias, but my theory is that Yuji succeeds, sort of, but it’s doesn’t matter because Megumis soul was consumed after the Gojo fight to morph sukuna. If sukuna does survive it’s because one finger missing. I’m literally never right because I post in this thread though

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

TheHan posted:

it's actually more in character for kenjaku to leave uraume out

Probably, but it's easier to get the merger to succeed if he dies and Sukuna's still killing a bunch of people, since Sukuna would probably keep Uraume around to cook.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
the most shocking thing would be if Yuji even manages to graze Sukuna with that sword, let alone it having any effect at all

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Electric Phantasm posted:

I just now realized that stipulation calls for Geto and not Kenjaku.

The culling game - that is, Tengen's "cursed energy optimization" barrier - identifies reincarnated sorcerers and Kenjaku as their host bodies.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
i can't see any mention of spoilers for the next chapter yet idk

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

It was an interview with the editor where they say that the next 5 chapters are going to be pretty shocking but nothing actually was mentioned on their content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Here's the shock:

That person? Dead, and sukuna will laugh at them

Then the other person? Dead, and sukuna will laugh at them

Someone will come in from off screen and say something shocking, everyone will be blown away except sukuna who doesn't care

Yuji continues to be sad