Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

ragnarokette posted:

Inside of you there are two wolves:

One just wants Oda to have a healthy work/life balance because destroying your health to make a weekly comic is bonkers

The other is chapter dotte jpg

Theres no conflict here. You can slam your fork and knife on the table all you want. Nothing we say here is going to influence anyones work schedule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

ONE PUNCH
PUNCH PIECE

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Meme Emulator posted:

Theres no conflict here. You can slam your fork and knife on the table all you want. Nothing we say here is going to influence anyones work schedule.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Why doesn't Kuma simply push the evil out of Saturn

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

Gologle posted:

Because it’s all he’s got. He’s immune.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Gologle posted:

Because then Evil Saturn would eat Good Saturn and transform into Super Saturn

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Why doesn't Kuma simply eat Saturn.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/ccarrollbeard/status/1747419305505939746

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Thank you for this, didn’t realize what a pro follow she was:
https://twitter.com/ccarrollbeard/status/1747119781289878001

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Urdnot Fire posted:

Thank you for this, didn’t realize what a pro follow she was:
https://twitter.com/ccarrollbeard/status/1747119781289878001

Fun fact, apparently doing Luffy's voice for so many years has permanently lowered the register of Colleen's voice.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

what if instead, 1 panel decapitation by punch

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Kuma does that thing like Luffy punching Kaido so hard his face got stretched out in the shape of Luffy's fist.... but Saturn's face isn't rubber and it doesn't so much stretch as it explodes.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

Fun fact, apparently doing Luffy's voice for so many years has permanently lowered the register of Colleen's voice.

Worth it. She's a good Luffy.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Oda and Murata teaming up to turn the entire next issue of Jump into a flip book of Kuma punching Saturn.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

One Piece Man

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

What if they kiss tho

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

DizzyBum posted:

Worth it. She's a good Luffy.
I’ve been playing a lot of FighterZ recently, and her kid Goku/Gohan isn’t bad either.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
Wapol falls from Morgans' airship and crashes into Saturn, knocking him out before Kuma's punch connects. Morgans cackles and makes it front page news.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Kuma fist stopping just before Saturn face and then they both laugh and go ”mwuhahaha just according to keikaku”

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Saturn was Bon Clay the whole time , the fight was a farce and it's page after page of uniting and partying

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Colleen's Jet Gatling has always been super impressive to me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NmtmA-Qoas

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
what do yall think the importance of sapphire scale is, if anything? i don't quite think its Generic Anime Bad Disease. it feels too coincidental that we had a whole arc about a man with blue dragon scales against luffy and then we learn about saturn infecting people with that disease for "research".

have we seen the gorosei in sunlight? are the CD helmets potentially to ward off something similar?

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
My guess is imperfect artificial versions of all the Devil Fruit types each have a different ailment associated with them - uncontrollable smiling and laughing for Zoans, Sapphire Scale for Paramythia and something else for Logias. Vegapunk implied there was some reason they hadn't done an artificial Logia yet so there's probably some really nasty side-effects associated with that one.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
My theory is Imu and the Elders have it, to varying degrees. Obviously Imu would be the most severe case, but they're immortal so it's a stalemate situation.

We've never seen any of them in direct sunlight, except for Saturn, who may have a way to gain temporary sun protection (SPF 10000). Or perhaps he just has strong natural resistance to it.

I really hope Bonney's sapphire necklace ends up weakening Saturn and/or causing the disease to accelerate rapidly so Luffy can take him down.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I have to wonder if there's a connection between Amber Lead and Sapphire Scales, and if there's other similarly themed diseases. And if there's some connection with Devil Fruits, with all the weird artificial things you can do with drugs and science and medicine (Chopper's Rumble Balls, Queen's Ice Oni plague, Caesar's gigantification experiments and SAD/SMILE production, etc).

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

jassa posted:

My theory is Imu and the Elders have it, to varying degrees. Obviously Imu would be the most severe case, but they're immortal so it's a stalemate situation.

We've never seen any of them in direct sunlight, except for Saturn, who may have a way to gain temporary sun protection (SPF 10000). Or perhaps he just has strong natural resistance to it.

I really hope Bonney's sapphire necklace ends up weakening Saturn and/or causing the disease to accelerate rapidly so Luffy can take him down.

Eh, I don't think so. Vegapunk said it was very expensive to treat, but it was not a) unknown to him or b) some gigantic undertaking to figure out a treatment. Seems more likely that it's related to the experiments in extracting and transferring devil fruit powers.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

My guess is imperfect artificial versions of all the Devil Fruit types each have a different ailment associated with them - uncontrollable smiling and laughing for Zoans, Sapphire Scale for Paramythia and something else for Logias. Vegapunk implied there was some reason they hadn't done an artificial Logia yet so there's probably some really nasty side-effects associated with that one.

presumably anyone who eats one immediately collapses into whatever their form was supposed to be with no way of transforming back like the smile fruits

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Is it too much to ask for Kuma to punch Saturn and send him flying to the moon with this sound effect playing?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TP0abZdRXg

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the moon people don't deserve to have to put up with Saturn. I want a Saturn-sized crater in the earth

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

CharlestonJew posted:

the moon people don't deserve to have to put up with Saturn. I want a Saturn-sized crater in the earth

Enel might.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

I initially caught up right when the manga went on break for the timeskip but this break feels even longer. Give us the PUNCH

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i wonder if this is a "last gasp" for kuma or if he has like, potential to keep "living" after this. i don't even know if he's really "alive" right now but the whole things just so bizarre

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

If Kuma doesn't live to see Bonnie and (almost as importantly) Gear 5 Luffy, I'm gonna riot.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
we still have the ancient robot activating as a background plot hook. what does it really want??

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Cola

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Begemot posted:

Eh, I don't think so. Vegapunk said it was very expensive to treat, but it was not a) unknown to him or b) some gigantic undertaking to figure out a treatment. Seems more likely that it's related to the experiments in extracting and transferring devil fruit powers.

True, but he also said "You've done well to limit them for so long. She'll survive."

I read that as there being a point where it's no longer treatable. If Imu is truly immortal, then I could see them having an advanced case of it, suffering from constant pain & discomfort but being unable to die from it.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.
The thing I wonder about Blackbeard pirates being there is if they’ll steal Kuma’s fruit power somehow if Kuma is on his last breath.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I am so, so, so hoping this will be it. The moment I realized we were getting Vegapunk in this arc I was have been desperate to see him interacting with/being impressed by Frankie.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Kind of hope that the resolution to the Kuma arc is S-Bear getting all Kuma's memories and him and Bonney going on cover arc adventures. PX-0 is gone, maybe Vivi gets the fruit and returns the crew, and nobody is looking for the Bonney Pirates while they have fun.

Real question though, is Saturn such a monster that he doesn't even get excited when the ancient robot shows up? Like neither star eyes or deadpan look, just truly inhuman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

I would accept this but I want a gattai