Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Sub-Actuality)

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Ditocoaf posted:

You can do it! The sneaky thing with the boss rush is that the bosses mostly only get more chaotic as they go. So if you can get good at taking the Misery fight super carefully and the first Doctor fight carefully enough, you can rush down the mad doc with missiles and muddle through the core.

Core fight tips imo: take down Sue first, then Misery, clearing the adds for hearts as you go. Misery is almost more of a help than a threat if you're good at fighting crowds, but when you get the core by itself suddenly all the chaos is gone and the fight isn't too bad. Without the distractions its tells are obvious enough even for me.

Note that I am bad at videogames, so take my advice with a grain of salt, but the point stands.

Yeah, I am kinda losing track of things and also gotta get more missiles. Thanks, will give it more tries tomorrow.
Spur is doing the work, mostly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
Don’t think I’ll have time after work to finish the game I got bodied so many times by the labyrinth mech boss thingy. It’s me, I’m the one with the skill issue

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
i have not had a lot of time the past two weeks to play games :sigh: hopefully i will be able to finish up devil summoner 2 at least since that is what i have dumped most of my free time into lately with progress.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

qnqnx posted:

Yeah, I am kinda losing track of things and also gotta get more missiles. Thanks, will give it more tries tomorrow.
Spur is doing the work, mostly

Using the spur to destroy a lot of the minions was what got me through undead core. Be aware as well that after fighting the doctor you can talk to the rabbits twice and they’ll give you some hearts.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Namtab posted:

Using the spur to destroy a lot of the minions was what got me through undead core. Be aware as well that after fighting the doctor you can talk to the rabbits twice and they’ll give you some hearts.

Me having just played the game yesterday: they're not rabbits idiot, they're called mig- mamig- magimas(???)

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

I only got the bad ending, but I've never finished cave story so I'm going to continue playing even after the deadline. Incredibly good game

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Leadthumb posted:

Me having just played the game yesterday: they're not rabbits idiot, they're called mig- mamig- magimas(???)

It’s important to read the wiki

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Well, I unfucked myself thanks to the tips here. Things are much easier when you don't have homing projectiles on your rear end constantly.

: Defeat Balfrog
: Beat the game

Played in CS+ because I remembered I had got it at some point and figured it would be easier to setup my gamepad rather than original. Playing with keyboard may have been a factor on why I had never finished the game before.
Still using original music though.

Hell run may have to be for Impmas, as I will need a whole new run from the start.

Namtab posted:

I had a faint memory that you could heal there but forgot the exact part that you have to talk to them twice. Thanks you.

Also they are clearly cabbits (cat rabbits)

This sig under renovation

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
bro still using fandom wiki

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

always check the wiki

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

the manual explains this all very clearly.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

: Defeat Balfrog

I wanted to spend this evening trying to beat Cave Story but work's taken it out of me. will definitely beat Hell during Impmas, I love this game too much not to return to it

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Sub-Actuality posted:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Sub-Actuality posted:

Exactly

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Sub-Actuality posted:

I'm convinced, now.

This sig under renovation

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

TIME OVER for Cave Story, and the clock starts now for Ore no Ryouri. Good luck imps!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i have no idea what i'm doing

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

junk food stage is kicking my rear end

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

In Training posted:

did you ever play anti chamber. That's a fun one.

Thanks for bringing this up, went back and replayed it since it's been long enough I forgot most of the puzzles.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I'm stuck on the title screen.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

: Beat the Fast Food stage (Stage 2)

set a balloon benchmark of 1906

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

welcome posted:

I'm stuck on the title screen.

press O instead of X to confirm

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I’m pretty sure that gourmet difficulty is on a new game+, so I will not be getting that trophy

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Spoderman posted:

press O instead of X to confirm

I did, nothing happened. Don't know if it's a bad rom or just incompatible with the emulators, I'll try later.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

game's decent

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

: Beat the game on Easy or Normal

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

my balloon top score is now 2145 with room to improve

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

My balloon top score is 2365

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

impressive

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Somebody will top 3000

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

herculon posted:

Somebody will top 3000

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I got it working and then the old guy owned me in single combat I assume.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

2583 with a last second 69

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Namtab posted:

my balloon top score is now 2145 with room to improve

herculon posted:

My balloon top score is 2365

Namtab posted:

2583 with a last second 69

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
holy poo poo balloon game is nerve-wracking when you've got a string of 100s going

turn off signatures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

just barely got that 2611

turn off signatures