Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

God just the chapter title alone :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Can Of Worms posted:

Sneak peek of Luffy moving Egghead.

He's gonna do this

https://twitter.com/dbMisadventure/status/1688254104299057152

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

The way Saturn regenerated makes me more convinced of the theory that the 5 Elders are ink monsters/demons created by Imu. The Schloop sound effect could be for ink and the way his hand and horn form in odd hollow sections make it seem like his body isn't completely real.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Jan 19, 2024

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
since we all love power level chat i think this chapter proves Kuma is emperor level in the same way Mihawk would be were it not for personal reasons to not do so. Mihawk is just a miserable loner which is why he got so wound up about luffy at marineford

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Jose posted:

since we all love power level chat i think this chapter proves Kuma is emperor level in the same way Mihawk would be were it not for personal reasons to not do so. Mihawk is just a miserable loner which is why he got so wound up about luffy at marineford
Kuma is the top of the top tier. I don't think anyone has ever come close to giving him a hard time he was just too scared of the WG. Mihawk is a fraud.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Saturn is the most evil villain in One Piece.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Jose posted:

:hmmyes: Buggy and Kuma are on the same level

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

More seriously, Kuma hasn't shown any conqueror's haki yet, so I wouldn't put him on the same level as Kaido or Luffy or Big Mom or Shanks.. I don't think we've seen Blackbeard use Conqueror's, have we?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kirios posted:

Saturn is the most evil villain in One Piece.

Correction, the most evil villain in One Piece... so far!

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Speculation: Buggy is going to show up for some reason and get all the credit for whatever is about to happen

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Buggy stops the wg threat with a buggy ball

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Buggy becomes the Pirate King entirely by accident

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Buggy provides key assistance in defeating Imu and Blackbeard, is declared the Savior of the World and King of the Pirates.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Funky Valentine posted:

Buggy provides key assistance in defeating Imu and Blackbeard, is declared the Savior of the World and King of the Pirates.

Larryb posted:

Buggy becomes the Pirate King entirely by accident

You guys joke, but there’s like a 80% chance of this exact thing happening.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

You guys joke, but there’s like a 80% chance of this exact thing happening.

Oh absolutely, Buggy's been steadily failing upward the entire series so far

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
you guys ever think that if yamato had like, found his way to help either zoro or sani or any of those guys, some of those fights wouldve gone just way easier

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

also im rewatching luffy vs kaido and with fresh eyes its kinda clear just how HUGE of a jump g4 -> g5 is. luffy's spending every last ounce of strength in g4 and kaido legit is just taking the hits with barely any noticeable damage, and this is after he learns to infuse conquerors haki in the punches. the "distraction" by cp0 was lame but kaido just straight up was never losing anyway, he had to be at like 60% hp still while luffy was on 1.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

More seriously, Kuma hasn't shown any conqueror's haki yet, so I wouldn't put him on the same level as Kaido or Luffy or Big Mom or Shanks.. I don't think we've seen Blackbeard use Conqueror's, have we?

Speculation only kind of, but Kuma's got a big black fist pounding into Saturns face. Saturn almost certainly doesn't have the armor Kaido had given Franky and Bonnie were able to cut into him, but it does imply he's doing some of that Haki poo poo.

I do really like that Whole Cake was our team showing they could barely survive an encounter with an emperor as the lead up to them getting on that level. Does Kuma have that strength to fight on that level? Maybe! But those arcs also really helped establish that it's almost less so the individual strength as much as it is that they lead nation-sized armies strong enough that it's not worth it to bother trying to fight them.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

my guess for the buccaneer's "special ability" is that it's literally inherited will. kuma's current body is inheriting the will he had when he inhabited it. they're the one who made devil fruits

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Kuma should bucca-knee Saturn in the nuts

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

tbp posted:

you guys ever think that if yamato had like, found his way to help either zoro or sani or any of those guys, some of those fights wouldve gone just way easier

Probably, but except for like, Franky and Robin it would have been worse in the long term since Sanji unlocked his recessive cyborg genes, Zoro learned how to properly use armamented conquerer’s haki, and Zeus got turned into Cotton. Well, I guess Jimbei didn’t get anything from his fight but he kinda just whipped Who’s Who’s rear end and the only reason it took a significant amount of time was because it was an ambush.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

tbp posted:

my guess for the buccaneer's "special ability" is that it's literally inherited will. kuma's current body is inheriting the will he had when he inhabited it. they're the one who made devil fruits

i fully believe this

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Luffy is going to become the King of the Pirates and live a free and happy life having adventures on the sea. Buggy is going to stumble his way into the empty throne and becoming the new King of the World to replace the defeated Imu, and be sitting there weeping tears of horror as he realizes all the responsibilities and pressures and stress he now has, all while his exultant followers weep joyfully in unison thinking that Buggy is happier than he's ever been.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Jerusalem posted:

Correction, the most evil villain in One Piece... so far!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

mikeycp posted:

Buggy stops the wg threat with a Buggy Call

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

"Remember when I overthrew the World Government?"

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

To be fair, we don’t really have a clear idea of what the other Elder Stars and Imu are actually like/capable of (aside from the latter having a grudge against the Nefertari family and having a tendency to destroy entire civilizations on a whim). I assume we’ll get the chance to meet them all individually as things go on though

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

tbp posted:

my guess is that they have some variety of brook’s power and can live on as a soul within a broken body as long as they have a strong enough will or dream

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
saturn is the elder who specializes in scientific evil. i'm sure each of the others has their own niche unrelated to being an immortal yokai zoan.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

how come (UK) netflix has 2 random OP episodes suddenly available to watch that are i think 1089/1090. Such a weird decision lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Jose posted:

how come (UK) netflix has 2 random OP episodes suddenly available to watch that are i think 1089/1090. Such a weird decision lol

its encouraging manga readers to start watching the anime weekly with egghead. and i guess people who aant to watch it on netflix instead of crunchyroll. plus theres something about rights

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Jose posted:

OPLA was such a big success and i imagine metrics on the old anime episodes they have are pretty decent too so they wanted to capitalize on the hype and get all the current fans to watch on their platform. Theyre also funding a new anime starting from the beginning and animating the Monsters one-shot. Netflix is pretty all in on One Piece as a brand now and they want to be attached to it on all fronts

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

mabels big day posted:

OPLA was such a big success and i imagine metrics on the old anime episodes they have are pretty decent too so they wanted to capitalize on the hype and get all the current fans to watch on their platform. Theyre also funding a new anime starting from the beginning and animating the Monsters one-shot. Netflix is pretty all in on One Piece as a brand now and they want to be attached to it on all fronts

Sure and I genuinely like that this is happening but like those are 2 weird as gently caress episodes to pick. Obviously money etc plays a part but I guess just getting Wano up to now in its entirety makes way more sense to me

I still can't believe OPLA was such a success it'll get a second season but netflix is notorious for cancelling after that so

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Watch OPLA

Cancel subscription

Renew when the next season drops

That's gotta give them some data that says they should keep making it, right?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

saturn is the elder who specializes in scientific evil. i'm sure each of the others has their own niche unrelated to being an immortal yokai zoan.

cannot wait to break down the incredibly evil crimes of the godhead of finance

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

U-DO Burger posted:

cannot wait to break down the incredibly evil crimes of the godhead of finance

Gandhi laughs evilly to himself as he skims millions of beri out of the money counting room.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, the tribute system has the function of siphoning the wealth of all vassal kingdoms. this limits how much they can militarize. it's an open conspiracy.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

well, the tribute system has the function of siphoning the wealth of all vassal kingdoms. this limits how much they can militarize. it's an open conspiracy.

Yes but that's not a personal story like with Saturn and Kuma. Somewhere out there is Ethanbaron V. Nusjuro's Kuma, a poor soul who's had to endure all of the Elder's money crimes

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Shepherd Ju Peter and his Agriculture Ministry is going to give us an insane backstory that is going to be the Potato Famine X the Soviet Famine X the Great Chinese Famine X Extra Evil. That dude is going to get super duper punched by an absolutely apoplectic Luffy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

The civil construction elder planet reveals his stair riser design were directly responsible for Kuina's death.