Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Green Bay can't draft QBs for poo poo

Prove me wrong tff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
https://x.com/HaydenWinks/status/1748395543322362369?s=20

:smug: Chargers, this is your new WR1.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Is that Kool-aid he did that to?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Somewhere early in the second round. He is the prize if you can’t land Jer’Zhan Newton.

E: Spelling

Newton also has this burst speed where he can really close the gap to the QB. It's a shuffle step that scoots him along and he looks like he's moving at twice the speed once he gets to that point.

whos that broooown posted:

Green Bay can't draft QBs for poo poo

Prove me wrong tff

Stop being annoying in the thread I cherish so dearly

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

a neat cape posted:

Is that Kool-aid he did that to?

That's Malachi Moore he burnt.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I have a hard time believing the Chargers draft a WR in the first round two years in a row. They even drafted another in the 4th last year. That's a lot of draft capital into one position over two years.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

wandler20 posted:

I have a hard time believing the Chargers draft a WR in the first round two years in a row. They even drafted another in the 4th last year. That's a lot of draft capital into one position over two years.

They need it. I lost my faith watching Johnston. Keenan Allen can't keep doing this forever.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

A Sneaker Broker posted:

They need it. I lost my faith watching Johnston. Keenan Allen can't keep doing this forever.

I'm not saying they don't, but I just don't think they will. Mike Williams will be back next year too unless he's cut for cap reasons.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

wandler20 posted:

I'm not saying they don't, but I just don't think they will. Mike Williams will be back next year too unless he's cut for cap reasons.

I think they will edit: draft Nabers.

1. It’s going to be a different coach and gm, so why would they care about what the old regime did.
2. A first and a fourth isn’t a lot to spend on a position.
3. Mike is likely a cap casualty.
4. QJ isn’t good.
5. Nabers is likely the BPA or tied for BPA, at five overall, agnostic of position.
6. WR is the third most important position in football.
7. Herbie deserves good things.

Who do you think they would draft over Nabers?

Ornery and Hornery fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jan 19, 2024

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Kinda hard to guess at what the Chargers will do when they don’t even have a GM or coach.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I think they will.

1. It’s going to be a different coach and gm, so why would they care about what the old regime did.
4. QJ isn’t good.
5. Nabers is likely the BPA or tied for BPA, at five overall, agnostic of position.

If Naber's falls out of the Top 5, it's malpractice. Remember, he would be WR1 in 99% of draft classes. Unfortunately (or fortunately), there is a genetic freak who is the son of a HoF WR in this class so :shrug:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I think they will.

4. QJ isn’t good.

Bowers or Alt.

I agree with Mike being a cap casualty, and Davis was drafted in the 4th last year but his primary role is PR/KR and he's very good at it.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Also, giving Justin Herbert a legit WR1 with demon speed so he can bomb 60+ yard deep balls would be an eyegasm weekly.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

I have no idea. The draft board is going to change a lot between now and the draft. All I'm saying is I don't think they'll draft another WR in the first, having done so last year.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Herbie has a need for speed imo

Edited my post to clarify that yes, chargers should and likely will draft Nabers.

Recognizing of course that we don’t know who the HC/GM will be.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

wandler20 posted:

I have no idea. The draft board is going to change a lot between now and the draft. All I'm saying is I don't think they'll draft another WR in the first, having done so last year.

I mean teams do that with QB's now. it's fine to admit a mistake and not sink good Herbert years after bad.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I also still think QJ will be fine

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

wandler20 posted:

The top of this draft board probably isn’t going to change a lot between now April. There’s half a dozen elite talents who are pretty much locked into the top selections.

I could see a lot of shake up from like 10-24.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

The top of this draft board probably isn’t going to change a lot between now April. There’s half a dozen elite talents who are pretty much locked into the top selections.

I could see a lot of shake up from like 10-24.

Caleb Williams
Drake Maye
MHJ
Malik Nabers
Joe Alt
Olu Fashanu
Brock Bowers
Rome Odunze

These guys are the first off the board; nothing will change that.

That said, I would not mind the Packers trading the farm for Joe Alt as Bakhtiari's replacement if we trade him this offseason.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Kalli posted:

I mean teams do that with QB's now. it's fine to admit a mistake and not sink good Herbert years after bad.

What teams have drafted first round QBs back to back? The Cardinals and I can't think of another.

I'm not saying they shouldn't draft Nabors, if he's BPA by a large margin on their board, go for it. I just don't think they will still having a combination of Allen/QJ/Williams. They could save a lot of money replacing Williams and Allen with Nabors tho but I can't see them moving on from Allen yet.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

a neat cape posted:

I also still think QJ will be fine

After Harbaughs teaches Herbert to throw a touch pass yeah

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

wandler20 posted:

What teams have drafted first round QBs back to back? The Cardinals and I can't think of another.

I'm not saying they shouldn't draft Nabors, if he's BPA by a large margin on their board, go for it. I just don't think they will still having a combination of Allen/QJ/Williams. They could save a lot of money replacing Williams and Allen with Nabors tho but I can't see them moving on from Allen yet.

I'm like 99% sure Williams is gone.

However, Josh Palmer is really good and will be probably start off as WR2 next season. Nabers would be WR3.

And the Lions drafted 3 WRs in the first in 4 years under Matt Millen

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

a neat cape posted:

However, Josh Palmer is really good and will be probably start off as WR2 next season. Nabers would be WR3.

Nabers is going to pull a Justin Jefferson and beat out everyone on the team.

E: Grammar

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

a neat cape posted:

Matt Millen was also a terrible GM and it helped get his rear end fired.

I had Palmer in my previous post but I read his contract wrong and thought he was an UFA. He's a solid target.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I have a fondness for the Joey needs weapons era more then I should.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Kalli posted:

I have a fondness for the Joey needs weapons era more then I should.

I love Justin Herbert. He can pull that franchise out of the mud and take them far. He needs DUDES on the outside.

R1: Malik Nabers
R3: Jamari Thrash

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The Chargere are also very likely to try and trade down. But who knows what the new GM will do

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

a neat cape posted:

The Chargere are also very likely to try and trade down. But who knows what the new GM will do

Got a question for you. Do the Chargers try to trade Ekeler or just straight-up cut him? This draft class has a surprising amount of good RB's as well.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Remember what we've lost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmPF9eTZuzw

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Got a question for you. Do the Chargers try to trade Ekeler or just straight-up cut him? This draft class has a surprising amount of good RB's as well.

Oh, he's done. This was the last year of his deal, so he's a free agent

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

a neat cape posted:

Oh, he's done. This was the last year of his deal, so he's a free agent

A quick lil 1-2 mock draft.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Caleb Williams
Drake Maye
MHJ
Malik Nabers
Joe Alt
Olu Fashanu
Brock Bowers
Rome Odunze

These guys are the first off the board; nothing will change that.

That said, I would not mind the Packers trading the farm for Joe Alt as Bakhtiari's replacement if we trade him this offseason.

Bears in disarray at pick #9, looks like

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

trevorreznik posted:

Bears in disarray at pick #9, looks like

Bears get the cream of the crop for any edge player of their liking.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Jaheim Bell would loving own with Herbie.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

wandler20 posted:

Jaheim Bell would loving own with Herbie.

We share the same mind, my friend—also rookie TEs; it's so hot right now.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Only criticism I'd have is that we desperately need a Center after Linsley retired

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Daniel Jeremiah's first mock. 3 QBs followed by 3 WRs.

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/1748418124154863762?s=20

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
That is a good list, I agree the top six teams should only draft QBs and WRs and let the tackles fall to 7.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Diva Cupcake posted:

Daniel Jeremiah's first mock. 3 QBs followed by 3 WRs.

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/1748418124154863762?s=20

Giving Mahomes Tez Walker would not be fair. Also Bowers falling to 15 sheeshhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I think QJ isn't terrible. He had a high success rate and kind of fixed his drops by the end of the year. His problem is he's a streak X receiver who needs to be regarded if the Z is covered. Herbert hyper focused on Keenan Allen this year for some reason. Targeted twice as much as the next receiver (Ekeler and Everett).

The other issue is that the Chargers just kept lining up in shotgun over and over because Brandon Staley was a analytics hack. They only ran 50 plays under center for passing attempts all year. Teams would just line up with soft coverage against Herbert and no WR that makes his living on goes and deep corner/posts can survive that.