Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
also like another reason nico is memorable is because she is just kind of mean. she is a realistically kind of cynical and mean person so that stands out when a lot of the other characters are a bit flatter outside of someone like nozomi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

The Colonel posted:

also like another reason nico is memorable is because she is just kind of mean. she is a realistically kind of cynical and mean person so that stands out when a lot of the other characters are a bit flatter outside of someone like nozomi

similarly with yohane you remember her because shes extremely stupid in an epic grade school style of way

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I'll always remember her for having a metroidvania, and one of the most disliked anime of 2023.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

nico yazawa is dreaming is a ftw fangame.

https://rudytudysubs.herokuapp.com/nicoyume

highly recommend it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

amazing jokes, like when you level up you get to choose what stat to increase but if you try to increase the cuteness stat nico says 'but its impossible for me to get any cuter!'

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Nijigasaki a cash grab????????

but it actually tried something different...

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
all idol anime is cash grabs op

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

my goty 2024

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Meowywitch posted:

Nijigasaki a cash grab????????

but it actually tried something different...
it literally existed to promote a gacha game op

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

this owns

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Years of watching Kids anime and gacha anime has shown that just cause a show may be a cash grab doesn't mean it can't be good

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Ohtori Akio posted:

all idol anime is cash grabs op

hosed up but true...

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Endorph posted:

it literally existed to promote a gacha game op

i mean we can agree to disagree I guess!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

well thats just your opinion

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cashgrab anime can be good but niji just felt like it was just shoving the characters in front of your face and moving on instead of giving them any real time to breathe. i liked a few scenes and moments but i could not tell you anything about half of them personality-wise

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
love lives concept kind of belongs in a longer format. ill agree that sunshine is clearly the best program

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I am now caught up with MHA. I like this last arc....IDK why people are so down on it. Maybe it's just cuz I read it all at once rather than over months.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's been well over a year and change of chapters at this point, mostly of people doing jack and poo poo to the final boss. It's been agonizing.

Bakugo was literally dead for like, a full year.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
twas always mids in retrospect

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Arist posted:

It's been well over a year and change of chapters at this point, mostly of people doing jack and poo poo to the final boss. It's been agonizing.

Bakugo was literally dead for like, a full year.

lol yeah ok that makes sense I guess. It flows well all at once but I can see it being awful week to week.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

whole manga shouldve been about all might

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Also I don't mean to rag on Horikoshi because by all indications he doesn't seem to be in great shape lately, but a lot of those chapters were like, 14 pages or less, so it's felt that much more glacial.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

don't think im enjoying the later frieren chapters (im at around 80 or something) that much but i enjoyed the first couple a lot. probably gonna read the dungeon meshi manga now cus the anime is ftw

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

mycophobia posted:

i was expecting that to loop. like a gif. oh well

right click and select repeat

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Frieren seems cool

I like how the dub voice for her can be described as "mommy" by some...

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

i dont think thats how frieren should sound

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

meowywitch i would prefer you did not make posts like that

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

by some [whom?] [citation needed]

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It's time for a Normal weekend.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

homeless snail posted:

by some [whom?] [citation needed]

listen I read twitter, maybe I should stop

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Hm.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

One should develop a filter on what they post.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It's time for a Normal weekend.

as one normally does.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

https://twitter.com/themichaelcaine/status/1748444486571643282?s=46&t=dmTCijEtOOu63AMZ2tUOQA

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Ibram Gaunt posted:

One should develop a filter on what they post.

All my posts go through a Brita filter.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm normal-ish

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Endorph posted:

meowywitch i would prefer you did not make posts like that

Yea gross

studio mujahideen posted:

i dont think thats how frieren should sound

and yea the voice is horrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Dongicus posted:

don't think im enjoying the later frieren chapters (im at around 80 or something) that much but i enjoyed the first couple a lot. probably gonna read the dungeon meshi manga now cus the anime is ftw

I felt the same way but I'm still reading it despite misgivings about recent chaps like a couple of months ago being a bit of a retread in some ways. Dungeon meshi manga is indeed ftw and I haven't seen the anime yet (patient Gamer etc.) but I bet it's tremendous. Probably going to buy paper copies at some point