Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Paula Deen?
Paula Deen
Paula Deen
View Results

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

MisterBear posted:

For UK goons, Masterchef Battle of the Critics on iPlayer was pretty fun over Christmas. Jay Rayner, Jimi Famurewa, Grace Dent, William Sitwell and Leyla Kazim competing and discovering that cooking under pressure is harder than it looks!

I found it strange how emotional they all got, but I did enjoy watching it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://x.com/zip_zod/status/1742683125409308902?s=46

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

lol that’s great

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Interesting but that backstory on the Twitter post is made up. This has been on Reddit for years.

https://www.reddit.com/r/HellsKitchen/s/JXQVCmqjPJ

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Keith Lee is coming to San Francisco and I'm pretty excited. A bunch of places are so overrated like State Bird Provisions.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Mu Zeta posted:

Keith Lee is coming to San Francisco and I'm pretty excited. A bunch of places are so overrated like State Bird Provisions.

i looked them up out of curiosity and i loving hate their website so loving much. why do people do t his.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!

Borsche69 posted:

i looked them up out of curiosity and i loving hate their website so loving much. why do people do t his.

Hey why did you hypnotize me like that and make me look at it

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

Wow, that's some aggressively bad kerning in their menu

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

Mu Zeta posted:

State Bird Provisions doesn't look like they sell pancakes and scrambled eggs to-go in a styrofoam clamshell container, so I don't think he'll be going there.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
please no for state bird provisions, just don't pay them

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

what are you trying to say here

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Doll House Ghost posted:

Wow, that's some aggressively bad kerning in their menu

One nutmeg moron, please.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Food Network about to scrub the schedules.

https://twitter.com/whas11/status/1744916989838033279

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Uh oh. Well that is gonna be a very awkwardly cut tournament of champions this year

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
That'll cast quite a shadow over the "You Bet Your Knife" show he hosted. Going in the Zaslav hole right next to the Worst Cooks season won by the woman who killed her kid.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Updates: it was his estranged wife. It all sounds super hosed up.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
Jesus christ.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

They’ve already scrubbed his series from FB Go. He’s gone gone.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

bunnyofdoom posted:

Uh oh. Well that is gonna be a very awkwardly cut tournament of champions this year

An even harder editing job than the American Ninja Warrior season where they had to edit around a competitor who had won a past season because he got arrested for grooming a teen online

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

"Other charges" doing a lot of heavy lifting here.

Carillon
May 9, 2014

Mu Zeta posted:

For all that apparently he cut his trip short, amazing stuff really.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

DC Murderverse posted:

An even harder editing job than the American Ninja Warrior season where they had to edit around a competitor who had won a past season because he got arrested for grooming a teen online

That was tough because I believe he won a bonus challenge, then made another deep run that season. Just so happened at the same time NBC closed down their fan site on SB Nation.:tinfoil:

I can't wait for the Chris Benoit sized hole in Tournament of Champions V, though they haven't announced it yet.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

ive been binging ToC for the first time over the last couple of weeks, and that was the only time ive seen him. that sucks for his ex

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Eat This Glob posted:

ive been binging ToC for the first time over the last couple of weeks, and that was the only time ive seen him. that sucks for his ex

Superchef grudge match was fun. You could see who was doing kayfaybe and just having fun with a friend and who really really fuckig hated each other. Like to the point I expected them to grab the knives and attack each other

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

i hope there were some old top chef beefs rekindled. top chef beefs seemed caustic, probably because of close quarters living and cooking

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

Eat This Glob posted:

i hope there were some old top chef beefs rekindled. top chef beefs seemed caustic, probably because of close quarters living and cooking

I’m still hella annoyed at how they treated Robin. And that loudmouthed coke head Mike Isabella can eat a bag of dicks. Also, Elan came off like a douche his whole season.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Is there currently any streaming service that has every season of Top Chef?

insideoutsider
Aug 31, 2003

You want a van? I get you a van.
Peacock has them all. I moved in with my gf in October and we've been working our way through the series. Up to season 13. Holy crap the Beefsteak episode was bad but it has been a solid season with a good group of memorable contestants.

Also some Spectrum customers can access all of them On Demand? At my last apartment I only had Season 20 on demand but at my new place all of them are available on Spectrum :iiam:

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Bobby Flay's Triple Threat (S2 E4) has the most questionable judgement I've ever seen on a FN show. Granted I don't watch a ton of FN stuff so maybe this is the norm? The shows is on Max in case anyone wants to watch a weird show.

Jose Garces plates a beautiful, technique heavy, pork and arepa dish and loses to a tostada that Chef Brooke Williamson was embarrassed to present. Even that description understates the huge gap between the 2 dishes. Garces was legitimately pissed at the judgement and skipped the judge in the handshake line. Flay even looked a bit embarrassed lol.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Which judge was it

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Aliya LeeKong was the judge.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

dino. posted:

I’m still hella annoyed at how they treated Robin. And that loudmouthed coke head Mike Isabella can eat a bag of dicks. Also, Elan came off like a douche his whole season.

top chef really leaned into the reality show recipe of putting a big ol turd in the punch bowl to throw sand in the gears (if I can mix metaphors here) early and at least through season 10. im glad it's really food focused these days.

i just finished TOC IV and I was happy to see TC alum mei lin win the whole thing. theyve been repped well and i wasn't surprised at all to see brooke williamson do well despite coming in with a 7 seed that first year. TC alums have a lot of experience going "make delicious food with weird ingredients in a short amount of time" thanks to all those quick fire challenges

also super happy to see women just dominate that show, and women of color specifically kicking rear end and taking names. food tv has overrepresented white dudes for so long, it's nice to see folks who aren't that thrive in a truly blind competition because no dickheads can complain about biased judges

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
Yeah I was shocked Brooke was seeded so low because she won TOC 1, and finalist in 2 and 3.

Carillon
May 9, 2014

I love that TOC does blind taste testing. The small hill I'll die on is most shows should do that and it's bullshit that even TC doesn't default to that.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I remember Beverly being bullied constantly in Top Chef season 9. It was so over the top that it started to become funny and I started to believe that maybe they edited out all the parts that made people hate Beverly in the first place. The biggest accusation was that all she did was Asian food but she still almost won the competition. I don't think she's ever been back for any kind of retrospective so we'll never know.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Gorman Thomas posted:

Bobby Flay's Triple Threat (S2 E4) has the most questionable judgement I've ever seen on a FN show. Granted I don't watch a ton of FN stuff so maybe this is the norm? The shows is on Max in case anyone wants to watch a weird show.

Jose Garces plates a beautiful, technique heavy, pork and arepa dish and loses to a tostada that Chef Brooke Williamson was embarrassed to present. Even that description understates the huge gap between the 2 dishes. Garces was legitimately pissed at the judgement and skipped the judge in the handshake line. Flay even looked a bit embarrassed lol.

IIRC the judge thought Brooke's tasted better :shrug:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Mu Zeta posted:

I remember Beverly being bullied constantly in Top Chef season 9. It was so over the top that it started to become funny and I started to believe that maybe they edited out all the parts that made people hate Beverly in the first place. The biggest accusation was that all she did was Asian food but she still almost won the competition. I don't think she's ever been back for any kind of retrospective so we'll never know.

Yeah....so uh....

It was because prior to S9 Beverly had called out Heather's boss for wage theft

Stupid Decisions
Nov 10, 2009
Slippery Tilde
Great British Menu is back on tonight. BBC2 at 8pm (UK).

If you haven't seen before it's some of the top UK chefs competing to prepare dishes for a banquet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I appreciate Ed Gamble’s long game from starting a food podcast to getting onto judging GBM.