Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I dunno a couple fanbases hate their teams so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

kalensc posted:

SAS NHL posters promote a wrestling stream, and the Real NHL promptly has a wrestling-style unbelievable return that gets a huge pop (from the other 29 fan bases).

So what you're saying is that Roy should enter the arena to Van Vader's theme?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

1) :lol:

2) A team with a .544 points percentage fired its coach.

3) My dumb team is still content to ride their coaching prodigy all the way to the bottom of the ocean.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
To be fair your dumb team wanted to start the year off with a dumb old man but he didn’t even make it to the exhibition matches.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

e: ^^^ Oh poo poo I forgot about the Columbus Babcock poo poo already :lol: That would have been even better for the Metro

grack posted:

So what you're saying is that Roy should enter the arena to Van Vader's theme?

Every coach should get a walk out theme.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

CBJSprague24 posted:

A team that just lost to the Blackhawks after blowing yet another lead from lazy disinterested play.

I was willing to give Lanelam a break for most of the season. But at this point he fully earned his exit.

Apparently I am Lou

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

This is the picture TSN decided on for the Roy news:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the islanders visit montreal thursday

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I haven’t understood what Lou has done since joining the Islanders, and while it worked early, the team seems stuck right now. Unsure what Roy is supposed to accomplish.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
They’ll get a dead cat bounce but long term that seems like a pretty bad choice.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

A .544 points percentage is good enough to pretty much always miss the playoffs.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Escape Goat posted:

This is the picture TSN decided on for the Roy news:

heh heh heh

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

CBJSprague24 posted:

.544 last year would've been 21st place, behind the Buffalo Sabres, for reference. It's about 89 points over a full year. Right now they're 20th in the league. It's not good enough to make the playoffs, basically.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
LouLam fired Ftorek when the Devils were in first place with nine games to go, he doesn't give a gently caress.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
19 OT games of some sort. God the Bettman point stinks.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Plus they had to act fast to snatch up Roy. A guy like that doesn't just stay on the market for 9 years.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Jamwad Hilder posted:

.544 last year would've been 21st place, behind the Buffalo Sabres, for reference. It's about 89 points over a full year. Right now they're 20th in the league. It's not good enough to make the playoffs, basically.

The East is still super close and all the teams around the Isles are also sucking just as bad.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Furnaceface posted:

The East is still super close and all the teams around the Isles are also sucking just as bad.

If by sucking super bad you mean the Isles are the only team in the East with a losing record in their last 10 games...until you get to Ottawa/Columbus. Other than the Rangers. Who had a significantly overall record banking points. In fact the Isles have the worst record in their last 10 games in the East. Which just means LOL METRO. Best division.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm beginning to think that maybe spending $54m on your first powerplay unit, and $875k on your goalie might not be a winning strategy.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://x.com/nhl/status/1748872130941370413?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Worst political compass I've ever seen

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
legitimately the most mainstream celebrities the NHL have ever had

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Matthews looks thrilled with his celebrity captain.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

jesus wept

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Furnaceface posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if him and Biebs came up with the idea and made it happen.

I am surprised they didn't turn back to Mike Myers and Jim Carrey instead of the non-Toronto celebs.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

oh i'm extremely aware

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Powershift posted:

I'm beginning to think that maybe spending $54m on your first powerplay unit, and $875k on your goalie might not be a winning strategy.

Haha yeah… wait poo poo

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
hey I know who 3 of those 4 celebrities are, and I'd say they are "real" celebrities even

Furnaceface posted:

aren't they like best friends

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

hey I know who 3 of those 4 celebrities are, and I'd say they are "real" celebrities even

Yeah, they are legit friends. I heard an interview with Marner once talking about playing pickup with the 2 of them and complaining that Biebs wouldn't loving pass when him and Matthews were out there with him.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
oh wow

will this be the year that I finally watch a NHL all star game or the skills competition?

not likely.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Cole Sillinger now breathing a sigh of relief that he wasn't even close to being chosen for the game.

Speaking of, the word is he and Tate broke up because her friend found his verified Tinder profile while they were a thing.

Oh, to be young and dumb and a millionaire and have an extremely attractive girlfriend and blow the whole thing because he didn't take down a dating profile (or thought he could do better?). :downsbravo:

E- loving hell, NHL, it's alternate captain, not assistant.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jan 21, 2024

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

islanders performing basically as expected for their roster and their coach gets fired

meanwhile: lindy ruff continues to have a job

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Lol Devils

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Koopa Kid posted:

Haha yeah… wait poo poo

You make a good point, but also,

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

CBJSprague24 posted:

Cole Sillinger now breathing a sigh of relief that he wasn't even close to being chosen for the game.

Speaking of, the word is he and Tate broke up because her friend found his verified Tinder profile while they were a thing.

Oh wow, it's wild how that happened, maybe, or didn't, with those two people.

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
I missed offsides review talk. If the offsides isn't obvious enough during the play, then it isn't enough to affect the goal. Wasting time on a review and then taking away a goal because a skate is a dime-width offsides is objectively stupid. Especially if the goal a after a minute of cycling.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Offsides: I don’t think about it. Ever. You watch enough American football that stoppages for like ten minutes with no resolution really don’t make you think twice.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Limit offsides review to 2 minutes and no slow motion. If it isn't obviously offsides on a full-speed instant replay from several different angles, then it's fine.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
oh wow it just occurred to me that Roy's first game behind the Islanders bench will be tomorrow night against the Stars won't it?

Stars desperately need points if they want to even pretend to hang around in the division race with Winnipeg and Colorado but I imagine the Islanders will give a good effort for their new coaches first game..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Tate McRae has been trying really hard to pander to hockey fans for a little while now.