Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Do you think Blackbeard would've reacted the same way as Luffy did when Usopp asked Rayleigh about the One Piece?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

My guess would be that Xebec somehow passed on his grand plan for world domination to Blackbeard, along with whatever knowledge he obtained that could make it happen, which is why he knows so much and seems to have a lot of very specific steps in his plan. Would make sense for Luffy's greatest rival to also be running on inherited will

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Kild posted:

Do you think Blackbeard would've reacted the same way as Luffy did when Usopp asked Rayleigh about the One Piece?

He definitely would have asked

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

Silver2195 posted:

He was introduced sacking an entire country, two of his subordinates (Shiliew and Devon) are outright serial killers, he made the Level 5 prisoners kill each other for slots in his crew, and IIRC there is slavery in his territories. He's not that that bad a guy in comparison to Saturn, but I don't see how he has any moral high ground over, say, Don Krieg.

He was introduced eating pie and cheering on Luffy.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

He definitely would have asked

I think so too which gives Rayleigh's words more meaning if he just accepted whatever conclusion was fed to him instead of doing the journey himself.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Drakkel posted:

As far as we know the only living people in the world that know are the Gorosei, Wapol, and Sabo/Dragon/Ivankov

I still absolutely love that loving Wapol of all people knows :xd:

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Yeah, but the pie sucked.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

PringleCreamEgg posted:

He also tried to hunt Luffy down to murder him immediately after finding out he had a Warlord-level bounty for part of his plan tho.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

blackbeard is extremely evil

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Made much much worse by recent revelations regarding Bonney.

Honestly I genuinely forgot about that part. You do not, in fact, have to hand it to him. Coercion is bad!

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

anime was right posted:

blackbeard is extremely evil

I can only hope that there are no revelations made later that shows Blackbeard knew her real age

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
Honestly think that moment made his character worse. Him being utterly amoral in terms of his goals but just being a goofball otherwise is way more interesting

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Blackbeard is like the only actual pirate in this manga and I respect that

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Off the subject, how was Monsters out of curiosity? I don’t think I ever read the manga it’s adapted from but apparently it’s canon to some degree

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Blackbeard is like the only actual pirate in this manga and I respect that

barto is pretty authentic

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Finished Monster: Dragon Damnation and kinda pissed off this Shirano is just the loving worst, right up there with Saturn as an all time hatable One Piece villain. Ending especially was cool as heck though.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Elden Ring has a lot of one piece mods it seems lol

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they made kizaru's proportions much too normal.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
If it wasn't for the setting of this story being mostly an archipelago chain of somewhat tropical pirate islands, I'd say that with all the dawn symbolism, the Sun Pirates, Sun God Nika, all the weird moons, the Gorosei having some sort of fatal weakness to natural sunlight, and Blackbeard being a kind of anti-sun, I'd say the One Piece is...somehow...the sun?

It's not, but I feel like it's somehow sun-related.

Like, the ghost of the sun. The spooky scary skeleton sitting on your lawn of the sun.

Or the most incredible late game SunnyD sponsorship deal ever.

Desumaytah fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jan 22, 2024

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

they made kizaru's proportions much too normal.

lol most of teh major bosses of this mod are one piece characters and some are particularly funny becuase phase 1 of godfrey is Whitebeard and phase 2 he loses the polearm and has a bloody hole his chest and is missing part of his head

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Larryb posted:

Off the subject, how was Monsters out of curiosity? I don’t think I ever read the manga it’s adapted from but apparently it’s canon to some degree

the anime version made it pretty firmly canon

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

My only complaint with it was the use of black screen to avoid the particularly gory bits. Could have been done better imo

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
One of Blackbeard's ship is near Egghand island right? I feel like having Blackbeard nearby is going to allow for some precedent to have the buster call be completely counteracted and the island itself becomes spoils for Blackbeard.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Flair posted:

One of Blackbeard's ship is near Egghand island right? I feel like having Blackbeard nearby is going to allow for some precedent to have the buster call be completely counteracted and the island itself becomes spoils for Blackbeard.

I think maybe the Blackbeard pirates on that ship will help the Straw Hats defeat the Marines, and the shocking news they’ve been teasing is that the two emperors have supposedly“teamed up”.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Flair posted:

i think hes there to pick up caribou in exchange for info on the ancient weapons

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
sounds like one of the major spoiler sources is permanently stopping and shutting all of their accounts down. probably gonna be another round of early chap crackdowns if it goes how it usually does

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

anime was right posted:

sounds like one of the major spoiler sources is permanently stopping and shutting all of their accounts down. probably gonna be another round of early chap crackdowns if it goes how it usually does

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I think maybe the Blackbeard pirates on that ship will help the Straw Hats defeat the Marines, and the shocking news they’ve been teasing is that the two emperors have supposedly“teamed up”.

Followed, I supposed, by Buggy “teaming up” with Shanks (read: begging his way onto Shank’s crew to get away from Crocodile and Mihawk)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
buggy, weirdly, has more pride than that.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Apparently no break next week, just FYI.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

anime was right posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The chapter? Why it’s right where I left it. It’s yours if you can find it, but you’ll have to search the whole world!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Oda got really mad that someone spoiled Kuma's punch to him and murdered the leakers.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Good

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

a leaker's dream........will never die!!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

anime was right posted:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Finally watched Monsters, that was pretty good and it’s interesting to get an OVA where none of the Straw Hats actually appear aside from a cameo at the very end. As someone else mentioned it is weird they just cut to black during the particularly gory scenes though (especially since all they cut is the moment the blade makes contact with the target).

Was the manga version any significantly different or was this more or less a 1:1 adaption?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Can anyone tell me if Luffy has been fighting with those Vegapunk gloves that can smack around holograms?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
nah, that's not really his style. sanji maybe, except they are gloves so that's right out. it is franky's time to shine, possibly from his nipples.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Larryb posted:

Finally watched Monsters, that was pretty good and it’s interesting to get an OVA where none of the Straw Hats actually appear aside from a cameo at the very end. As someone else mentioned it is weird they just cut to black during the particularly gory scenes though (especially since all they cut is the moment the blade makes contact with the target).

Was the manga version any significantly different or was this more or less a 1:1 adaption?

Anything that would have connected it to One Piece explicitly would have been new since the one-shot predates the main series.