Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

And we thought AEW was the one with Copeland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

cant wait to watch cody in the opening match of night 1 of WRESTLEMANIA

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
CMPunk channeling his infamous Colt Cabana podcast "you are in the main event! You're wrestling... me!"

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
So news on raw on Netflix

It will still have commercials

L

O

L

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Lid posted:

L

O

L

Not even remotely surprising. Streaming is moving toward ads.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Lid posted:

L

O

L

:drat:

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

you don't want Roman, you want CM Punk!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

fart blood posted:

Not even remotely surprising. Streaming is moving toward ads.

Yes but Netflix is rolling out an ad free tier but it won't apply to raw

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Lid posted:

L

O

L

Gosh, who could have seen this coming

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
You won't cover $40 million/month show just with new subs.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jan 24, 2024

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Kennel posted:

You won't cover $40 million/month show with just new sub.

at least not with poor and uneducated WWE fans

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Shocked that they are not going to just give up a huge source of ad revenue.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Continuing the story, after these words from our sponsors

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Cody talking that this story with Roman has been building for two years and all I'm thinking is "how many times has Roman interacted with Cody before the mania match and after so far

Because he's acting like him and Roman have been in some feud that's been hot every month or something :lol:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sandman McMahon posted:

His first mistake was spending $700 to watch Raw

My ticket to WrestleMania 30 was 275

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Lol didn't punk leave originally because he was told you can't main event but you can have a big match with HHH?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cody the rat bastard Tony betrayer will not have success on my watch. Tattoo, weigh in, america promo, these moments will be avenged. Brody Jr. is also a traitor.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

Cody the rat bastard Tony betrayer will not have success on my watch. Tattoo, weigh in, america promo, these moments will be avenged. Brody Jr. is also a traitor.

what stage is this

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Shard posted:

My ticket to WrestleMania 30 was 275

Ticket prices in general have skyrocketed. It's insane how much it costs to go to sporting events.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Miching Mallecho posted:

Cody talking that this story with Roman has been building for two years and all I'm thinking is "how many times has Roman interacted with Cody before the mania match and after so far

Because he's acting like him and Roman have been in some feud that's been hot every month or something :lol:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

if you havent seen cody's promo, even if you arent the biggest wwe fan, i'd suggest you give it a watch. god drat. chills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx_ZNn-_klk

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Shard posted:

Lol didn't punk leave originally because he was told you can't main event but you can have a big match with HHH?

CM Punk a hypocrite? No way!

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Lid posted:

Yes but Netflix is rolling out an ad free tier but it won't apply to raw

Ah. Yeah that is lovely but not without precedence. Hulu’s commercial free tier tells you which shows still have commercials. Lame but not surprising.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I really have nothing against Cody as a person or wrestler but booking yourself in AEW to never be able to win the world championship, getting upset because you couldn't win the world championship, then going to WWE to win the world championship and not winning the world championship again is one of the funniest stories in wrestling.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tampa Bae posted:

I really have nothing against Cody as a person or wrestler but booking yourself in AEW to never be able to win the world championship, getting upset because you couldn't win the world championship, then going to WWE to win the world championship and not winning the world championship again is one of the funniest stories in wrestling.

Nuh uh

It’s one of the funniest stories in wrestling because of all that PLUS the story of cm punk throwing a big fat tantrum because he wasn’t gonna get the mania main event, leaving wwe, going to AEW, flaming out, coming back hat in hand and now also not getting the main event match slot at mania, and likely being Cody’s consolation prize

loving :lol:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Copium Loads

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
There's a lot of hearsay with C*dy's terms but the simple objective fact is that he left a company he was an EVP in to have an upper card position in the fed during the years where only Shield members are allowed to be champions. It's funny. I'm sure it's SLOM but I can't imagine on the longrun being better than having a slice of the aew pie.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I would hope that even with Raw still having ads they'd be better at placing them (in after a match is done not in the middle) but I doubt they do that. If anything they probably add more ads to the show

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

slom

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
do people really think that cody quit aew because he couldn't win the world championship. it was because wanted punk money you buffoons

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Cavauro posted:

others should respect the promo because a lot of people liked it

Love it or hate it you gotta respect

THE PROMO

That DICK! posted:

if you havent seen cody's promo, even if you arent the biggest wwe fan, i'd suggest you give it a watch. god drat. chills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx_ZNn-_klk

Copium Roads

This is the funniest timeline

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

dodgeblan posted:

do people really think that cody quit aew because he couldn't win the world championship. it was because wanted punk money you buffoons

Which he couldn't get, because he booked himself out of the world championship.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

dodgeblan posted:

It was actually because Tony thought Brandi was useless at her job. He has since learned from the experience because he locked The Elite down before firing the Buckwife this time.

Pylons fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jan 24, 2024

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

dodgeblan posted:

do people really think

quote:

Now in his new Peacock documentary, American Nightmare: Becoming Cody Rhodes, the former TNT Champion has said he left AEW because of a 'personal issue.'

"I can't tell you why I left AEW, I can't and I won't," Rhodes said. "But I can tell you the reasons that were said – that didn't actually matter. I didn't leave AEW because of money and I didn't leave AEW because of other talents.

"I left AEW because of a personal issue. That's it."

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

MJeff posted:

Which he couldn't get, because he booked himself out of the world championship.

exactly, punk money. zero, goose egg, because you got mad at 90210 boy jrs "real glass comments" and buried your boss under a pile of tv monitors allowing them to fire you with cause

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

That DICK! posted:

exactly, punk money. zero, goose egg, because you got mad at 90210 boy jrs "real glass comments" and buried your boss under a pile of tv monitors allowing them to fire you with cause

he's just happy to be here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
A year before he started spinning the line about a personal issue, he said this.

quote:

"Why I thought it didn't need me was... okay, I'm not being totally honest, maybe it did need me, but here's what I needed. I didn't want to be a gatekeeper wrestler, I did not want to be 'oh, this is Cody's thing, AEW,' and some people look at it that way, not everybody does... 'oh first program, they wrestle Cody Rhodes, then they do Chris' [Jericho] podcast' [laughs]. There's a whole meme about it and I just didn't want to be a gatekeeper, at the time we were getting these kind of, split reactions which was very fun and fun to experiment with because I had worked with [John] Cena on live events and to see how he did it and go 'okay, alright'. It takes a lot of discipline, I feel like to know when you can, kind of, give them a little something or when you got to stick to who you are and go, hey, you go do that, I'm going to stick to who I am.

It's spot and money, like every other pro wrestler. Cody really isn't that special.