Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Paulie was cool, I really dug the interactions he had with the Monster Trio back in the day. He was always the dude that kept Zoro and especially Sanji on track with his no-nonsense attitude, would have made a great addition to the cast had Franky not been right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://tcb.abhayaby.com/chapters/7605/one-piece-chapter-1105

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I just realized: has there been a Pandaman in any of the recent chapters?

e: chapter spoilers -

I'm putting my bet on "they" being the Straw Hat Grand Fleet. Way back in Dressrosa the narrator mentioned that they would get involved in a world-changing event. At first I assumed it would be Marineford 2.0, but now would also be a good time for them to come to the rescue and intervene in a Buster Call. The world-changing event in particular would probably be the Straw Hats demonstrating that a Buster Call can be thwarted directly, thereby severely undercutting the measure's notoriety and resulting in the World Government/Navy losing face.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jan 25, 2024

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

and here the false fraud slander begins…

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

seriously tho wtf happened to Robin

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It'll probably be a couple of chapters before Luffy gets back up. And I wonder if the ship at the end is whoever Blackbeard sent or someone else.

I don't care what his reasoning is, Kizaru can eat poo poo.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

My money's on either Straw Hat Grand Fleet or Cross Guild.

I'm sorta hoping Cross Guild, cause it'd be funny if Buggy becomes infamous for 'killing' one of the Five Elders

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
thinking it might be Blackbeard, his whole MO is taking shortcuts to power and what better shortcut could there be than plundering an advanced laboratory?

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
it has to just be that one of blackbeard's ships that was teased a while ago, right? like, why would it be anyone else when there's already the setup there

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Only issue w/ Blackbeard is that he doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would let a ship of innocents escape, as is implied.

It being the Strawhat fleet would be sick. 'bout time they came back into the story.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
could also be the red hair pirates. Do we know where they were going from Elbaf? Wouldn't be too much of a stretch if they happened to be heading to Egghead already after talking to Jaguar. Though I hope it's the fleet.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

It would be pretty weird narratively to reveal that Blackbeard has ships here, and then later give a more vague hint for the same thing.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Good chapter for keeping things moving. I'm glad Sanji has disappeared to go off on his own. That's always a setup for the best Sanji moments. And I'm glad Brook got to be Brook with an amazing, poorly thought out move.

lih posted:

it has to just be that one of blackbeard's ships that was teased a while ago, right? like, why would it be anyone else when there's already the setup there
Whoever is coming saved the civilian ship Saturn ordered destroyed. Blackbeard's people wouldn't do that on purpose. Unless they were trying to capture the Egghead civilians for themselves or something nefarious like that. Also it was implied that the Blackbeard ship was much closer to Egghead, I thought. These civilians were presumably a day away from the island.

It could very well be the Strawhat Grand Fleet, considering all the newspapers said Luffy was under siege on this island.

Edit:

MorningMoon posted:

could also be the red hair pirates. Do we know where they were going from Elbaf? Wouldn't be too much of a stretch if they happened to be heading to Egghead already after talking to Jaguar. Though I hope it's the fleet.
Oh drat, that hadn't occurred to me, this is also possible for the same reasons and would be awesome!

Eiba fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Jan 25, 2024

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I'm guessing it's gonna be the Grand Fleet because it's been like 10 years and it would be nice to A. kindly remind readers that they exist and B. solidify that Emperor power base.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
It's probably Saul

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Only issue w/ Blackbeard is that he doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would let a ship of innocents escape, as is implied.

It being the Strawhat fleet would be sick. 'bout time they came back into the story.

idk, Blackbeard gains nothing from attacking a fleeing ship of civilians, like he’ll gently caress up entire towns as collateral damage and instigate giant history shaping wars, but hunting down fleeing civies, especially if he sees a bigger hail somewhere else, seems perfectly in line.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Last Celebration posted:

idk, Blackbeard gains nothing from attacking a fleeing ship of civilians, like he’ll gently caress up entire towns as collateral damage and instigate giant history shaping wars, but hunting down fleeing civies, especially if he sees a bigger hail somewhere else, seems perfectly in line.
It would be an odd coincidence if the fleeing civilians/pursuing Navy just happened to run into a Blackbeard ship and forced a conflict. The Marines were on a super important mission to murder innocents/save the world, and wouldn't have attacked a Blackbeard ship. The Blackbeard ship wouldn't have any motivation to attack a Marine ship that was clearly on other business.

On the other hand either the Strawhat Grand Fleet or the Redhair pirates would definitely go out of their way to gently caress up a Marine ship that was targeting civilians.

And yeah, it could be that they just happened to run directly into Blackbeard's ship, or Blackbeard's ship was seen and was eliminating the Marine witnesses or whatever (they didn't do a good job in that case). It's not impossible. It's just a bit less in character for a Blackbeard ship to have saved civilians than any of the other potential factions.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It's that guy Crocus was talking to in that cover page years ago.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Maybe Dragon decided to finally get off his rear end and do something and it’s the Revolutionary Army (which could also be a good excuse to bring Vivi back into the fray)

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
its whomever saved the Scabbards that one time

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It's "that Man"

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Larryb posted:

Maybe Dragon decided to finally get off his rear end and do something and it’s the Revolutionary Army (which could also be a good excuse to bring Vivi back into the fray)

No way that Dragon is less than a day behind Kuma arriving when they're in Paradise

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Larryb posted:

I think this would be hard to justify given that Kuma left the revolutionaries back in Paradise and seemed to travel pretty much as fast as possible to Egghead with no rests, and nevertheless only just arrived. The revolutionaries didn't immediately give chase so I strongly doubt they could've followed him this closely.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, good point. It’s probably one of the three groups others have mentioned then

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I also feel like the Red Hair pirates would be cool, but we just saw Shanks in Wano. I feel like a tease like this is for someone we haven't seen in a while, so I'm saying Straw Hat Fleet, maybe Barto.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

It's obviously Enel returned from the moon with the truth of the world.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
its morgans

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
revolutionaries are on the other side of the red line. the other three emperors are all hunting for poneglyphs right now, which is one thing egghead does not have.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.
It’s Blackbeard and he’ll attack Saturn and kill him. They’ll blame Luffy and try to hide Blackbeard resulting in Shanks coming for Luffy because he’s gone too far. The Strawhats flee to Elbaf and Loki attacks on sight because he’s aligned with Luffy but the Brogy Dorry duo stick with their friends resulting in Ragnarock.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

I also feel like the Red Hair pirates would be cool, but we just saw Shanks in Wano. I feel like a tease like this is for someone we haven't seen in a while, so I'm saying Straw Hat Fleet, maybe Barto.

I mean there is only so much back end of the Grand Line left for Shanks to hide in. Dudes gonna have to resort to hiding behind palm trees soon if he wants to drag out talking to Luffy any further.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
It's Yamato, Carrot, and Vivi, all here to join the crew

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

It's Enel, he's here to kidnap sciencey people under the guise of saving them for his next moon project

cgfreak
Jan 2, 2013

PuttyKnife posted:

It’s Blackbeard and he’ll attack Saturn and kill him. They’ll blame Luffy and try to hide Blackbeard resulting in Shanks coming for Luffy because he’s gone too far. The Strawhats flee to Elbaf and Loki attacks on sight because he’s aligned with Luffy but the Brogy Dorry duo stick with their friends resulting in Ragnarock.

Except Buggy will be there as well, all the blame will fall squarely on Buggy and because of the incomprehensible crime of killing an Elder, Buggy will become the first ever man with a 10 billion+ bounty

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
You fools, you all missed the foreshadowing Oda set up for the long game

It's obviously Gin

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Great chapter, love how this is all shaking out. I wonder if we will get that Kizaru face turn here, or if he'll just keep "accidentally" not capturing or killing any of the strawhats. I still believe he's the one who saved Luffy, probably hoping he'll just be captured by the Marines now, since he ended up on that ship.

I hope we cut to Zoro next week, having beaten Lucci, running downstairs into the depths of Egghead Island :allears:

socialsecurity posted:

It's Enel, he's here to kidnap sciencey people under the guise of saving them for his next moon project

I unironically hope it's this.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Saturn, as he sees them Fall from a great Height: Truly this is the height of folly :smug:

I liked that the crew isn't even worried about Zoro fighting Lucci, they're just worried that he's going to get lost on the way back :allears:

At first I thought the people who shot down the marine ship might've been blackbeard's crew (in so far as they probably want that tech information later, so gently caress up the marines now and grab that later), but they were already at Egghead not heading towards it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I'm guessing it's the strawhat fleet because I can't imagine Barto seeing the news about the hostage situation on Egghead and not immediately rushing to Luffy's side to gush to him about how cool he is.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

This chapter felt like it was gone in seconds, and not in the Marineford way because every page is a double spread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

revolutionaries are on the other side of the red line. the other three emperors are all hunting for poneglyphs right now, which is one thing egghead does not have.
While there are no poneglyphs on the island Nico Robin is there, and she knows the meaning of 3/4 of the critical ones. Going after her during the general chaos of Egghead could be a reasonable move for any of the other emperors