Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

BrideOfUglycat posted:

Am I the only one who thinks this is a pretty clear riff on the Saudi Arabian flag?

You were close: it's the Taliban flag.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

nine-gear crow posted:

I mean to be fair those flags say the same thing. Easy to confuse them.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

BrideOfUglycat posted:

Am I the only one

Yes. Absolutely. :psyduck:

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

nine-gear crow posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

looks like I picked the wrong day to quit hamberders

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

MrQwerty posted:

She also opened her speech at the national prayer breakfast with a story about how she woke up to her randy boyfriend and hosed him right before she showed up

FAKE NEWS! She told a story about how her fiance tried to but she explicitly said "he can wait"

The Locator posted:

Florida doesn't have a shared border with a foreign nation the last time I checked. They have a biggish moat around most of their state.

Over 400,000 Cubans were encountered by CBP in 2023. The state has over 1300 miles (2100km) of coastline, which makes it a very popular entry point for undocumented migrants and also for drugs.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Honestly this is the first good idea Florida has had in years, the only problem is that it doesn't go far enough

Make all social media illegal

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight
In other news, the conservatives on the SCOTUS gave the OK for Alabama to execute a person via suffocation, the first time it has ever been tried and actually to everyone's relief it went really well.

Wait, it was the other thing, a prolonged horrible death.

AL.com posted:

The curtain over the media witness room opened at 7:53 p.m.

Smith’s last words, according to media witnesses, included: “Tonight Alabama causes humanity to take a step backwards.... Thank you for supporting me. Love all of you.”

After the gas began to flow, Smith smiled and nodded toward his family and signed “I love you.”

He also said that he saw humanity “rise up” after Smith said he “suffered everything I did last year.”

“I’m leaving with love, peace and light.”

Witnesses saw Smith struggle as the gas began flowing into the mask that covered his entire face. He began writhing and thrashing for approximately two to four minutes, followed by around five minutes of heavy breathing.

At 8:07 p.m. a correctional officer leaned over the gurney and closely examined Smith’s face before walking back to his position against the wall. Smith’s time of death was 8:25 p.m., according to the state.

Super cool country.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

BrideOfUglycat posted:

Am I the only one who thinks this is a pretty clear riff on the Saudi Arabian flag?

Goon flag blindness strikes again.

Analog
Feb 2, 2001

Donald Trump was the President of the United States.

h3r0n
Dec 22, 2005

Analog posted:

The game show host?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Three Olives posted:

In other news, the conservatives on the SCOTUS gave the OK for Alabama to execute a person via suffocation, the first time it has ever been tried and actually to everyone's relief it went really well.

Super cool country.

In case anyone is unaware at how this played out, based on industrial accidents and theory, nitrogen hypoxia as probably a pretty OK way to die, you get dizzy and slowly, but painlessly lose consciousness until you are dead. In an industrial accident, where you don't realize you are suffocating.

People pointed out that if you hear the gas turned on and as you slowly lose consciousness, it might be a slightly less great experience as your brain is fully aware as it is slipping away "OH MY GOD THEY ARE ACTUALLY FOR REALY MURDERING ME!"

Alabama and the SCOTUS were like, meh. It appears like that is actually what people experience.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

I don’t get it. What does Koko the gorilla have to do with the pigman from Seinfeld?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Wrap Ted Cruz in it

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Analog posted:

What? Nah…

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Trump? The guy from the tv?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Trump? The guy from my toilet who sings, “Skibidi!”

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Three Olives posted:

In case anyone is unaware at how this played out, based on industrial accidents and theory, nitrogen hypoxia as probably a pretty OK way to die, you get dizzy and slowly, but painlessly lose consciousness until you are dead. In an industrial accident, where you don't realize you are suffocating.

People pointed out that if you hear the gas turned on and as you slowly lose consciousness, it might be a slightly less great experience as your brain is fully aware as it is slipping away "OH MY GOD THEY ARE ACTUALLY FOR REALY MURDERING ME!"

Alabama and the SCOTUS were like, meh. It appears like that is actually what people experience.

Disgusting. The death penalty is a thoroughly barbaric practice.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I'VE NEVER MET HER!!! THIS ISN'T AMERICA!!!

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Three Olives posted:

In other news, the conservatives on the SCOTUS gave the OK for Alabama to execute a person via suffocation

Conservatives really, really love and obsess over cruelty and inflicting pain onto others.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Three Olives posted:

Super cool country.

Very nice that we live in a country where human sacrifice is not only happening but people are also dizzyingly happy about it. I love 'conservatives' who full-throatedly love the idea of a totalitarian relationship between the state and the citizen where the state can command you to die. Very "small government"!!!!!!!

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

I always love the Molon Labe freaks.
"Come and take it." They did. The Spartans and their allies were slaughtered. Thermopylae was a defeat. And, no, it wasn't a heroic suicide mission. Leonidas fully expected to win that battle, and probaly could have if the Persians hadn't found another way around the pass. They hosed around and they found out.

"Come and take them." "We did."

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

are republicans really into this anymore? I mean, this seasons outrage is pretty stale- they're not sending their best. Is immigration really gonna get the chuds movin'?

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Gavin is lovely in the way most Democrats are lovely, and it really sucks that he's up near the top of the better elected officials in this country. He's absolutely running in 2028.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

Not with the poop map of San Francisco, he's not.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Gavin Newsom has been a turbo lib since he was Mayor of San Francisco 20 years ago, but unlike the other feckless libs he at least says poo poo back to the ghouls, so by my estimation he's literally one of the three best Democrats in this country.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
2 to 4 minutes is such a long time, jfc

Better to be shot

:d2a:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

From the party that coincidentally brought you a few years of light treason, this loving stupid poo poo.

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

at least a dem is tellun it like it is, Im saying that with no irony the way he lays into the Rs calling them pathetic losers needs to be the standard dem strategy

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Spinz posted:

2 to 4 minutes is such a long time, jfc

Better to be shot

:d2a:

Again, the whole theory was idiotic, they basically terrorized him to death. If you are in an industrial plant and are just like "I feel weird, this is super strange, huh" and then pass out and die, yeah, it's probably a pretty nice way to go as far as industrial accidents because you don't realize you are dying and there is probably little if any pain.

That is not remotely the same thing as strapping someone down, forcing a mask over their face, telling them "OK, you are going to die now." and they spend the last minutes of consciousness realizing they are slowly dying and struggling to stop it because they have no desire to be murdered. He probably spent the last minutes of his life in unimaginable mental suffering knowing that there were people in that room that could stop his murder by just removing the mask and they were just like, let him struggle until he dies.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Montgomery Advertiser posted:

7:57 p.m.
A prisons staff member inside the death chamber approached Smith and checked the seal of the mask. The nitrogen apparently began flowing.

7:57 to 8:01 p.m.
Smith writhed and convulsed on the gurney. He appeared to be fully conscious when the gas began to flow. He took deep breaths, his body shaking violently with his eyes rolling in the back of his head. Hood, standing about 15 feet away, made the sign of the cross several times. Smith clenched his fists, his legs shook under the tightly tucked-in white sheet that covered him from his neck down. He seemed to be gasping for air. The gurney shook several times during this time. Hood removed his eyeglasses and wiped away tears.

8:02 p.m.
Smith appeared to lose consciousness. His chest remained still for about 20 seconds then he took several large gasps for air. There appeared to be saliva or tears on the inside of the facemask. A female witness for Smith sobbed.

8:06 p.m.
Smith's gasping appeared to slow down.

8:07 p.m.
Smith appeared to take his last breath.

Jesus loving christ. Everyone involved in this should be on the steps of the Hague in handcuffs by Sunday.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

It's pretty crazy that that's what they're gonna do to trump.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
three olives telling us about the little death

and now the big death

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

I also thought of the shining almost immediately when i saw the sketch, but i thought of him as the dog-

Only registered members can see post attachments!

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
Starting to think Nikki's campaign slogan of "Picnic-y" is a subliminal message to Trump.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

somnambulist posted:

I also thought of the shining almost immediately when i saw the sketch, but i thought of him as the dog-

:lmao:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

that's goin in the OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

somnambulist posted:

lol